+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So I had a talk with IRCC agent today , I asked her about my status what GCMS shows and What new trackers shows . She said Prohib no started . So basically this confirms what you see on fancy tracker is not true status but ur GCMS is true. so keep ordering every month to get yourself relieved.

Secondly ,I mentioned all 2020 and 2021 applications are moving fast because they are online and as I see stats too they are getting oath invites ccompared to 2019/2018 paper applicants should i apply online then ?
She became pisssed off and in a rude awakening said you can cannot compare to them as each applicant is different.

I said its 22 months should i apply online and get complete refund for my current app ? she said nothing is needed as for now but u cannot put multiple applications and you only get 100 dollar refund for the certificate if u withdraw.

With a sigh i hanged up the phone.
For Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions - the status has never been "Not started" on the dashboard. It has always been "In Progress" for everyone. So, we have no choice but to assume that the "In Progress" status for the above statuses means "Not Started" unless you can verify those statuses with your GCMS notes.

Reactions: luvtrump

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
For Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions - the status has never been "Not started" on the dashboard. It has always been "In Progress" for everyone. So, we have no choice but to assume that the "In Progress" status for the above statuses means "Not Started" unless you can verify those statuses with your GCMS notes.
Thanks but I am to the point now that im exhausted and i really give up. Citizenship is literally a failed and lost cause. Im even out of jokes.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Yes but why do we need a new dashboard to show wrong status except for BG, Test and Oath. Why to apply masking logic only for those 3 sections as if things are progressing since the day of IP.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks but I am to the point now that im exhausted and i really give up. Citizenship is literally a failed and lost cause. Im even out of jokes.
I'm sorry man, I don't even know what to say. Hope something positive happens to your application soon.

Yes but why do we need a new dashboard to show wrong status except for BG, Test and Oath. Why to apply masking logic only for those 3 sections as if things are progressing since the day of IP.
You're right - It should properly reflect the status as on GCMS but I don't know why it doesn't. I just posted my observation and the right way to interpret it. At this time, if we want to know the correct status of Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions - we'll have to look at the GCMS notes.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I wonder if they even calculate the residence days going through each and every line of entry exit record from cbsa. Do you have more commuting/traveling? if not counting manually also wont take time. Even to count 1000 entries manually it should not take few hours/days.
I'm sorry man, I don't even know what to say. Hope something positive happens to your application soon.

You're right - It should properly reflect the status as on GCMS but I don't know why it doesn't. I just posted my observation and the right way to interpret it. At this time, if we want to know the correct status of Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions - we'll have to look at the GCMS notes.
Hopefully in future they start showing all categories' statuses live just like the test/oath/bg which is very helpful for us.
We cant be making cic accountable but not sure why they are afraid of ;)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

vicky159

Jul 24, 2015
CIC is such a joke. Looks like they dont even bother reading the question sent on the web form. They always give the same message. I had a pending request from them on police clearance and the 30 day period was expiring soon. I asked them on how to extend it to another 30 days and the response is as usual. CIC is monitoring the covid situation and we donot need any other information from you at this point. I am confused on why they sent the request in the first place.

Reactions: JoeT

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I wonder if they even calculate the residence days going through each and every line of entry exit record from cbsa. Do you have more commuting/traveling? if not counting manually also wont take time. Even to count 1000 entries manually it should not take few hours/days.

Hopefully in future they start showing all categories' statuses live just like the test/oath/bg which is very helpful for us.
We cant be making cic accountable but not sure why they are afraid of ;)

I gave them exact dates of leaving and arriving in Canada with stamps. Did not leave a single gap. They have all my movement and to each address within Canada with precise dates, when I left and when I came back. Trust me it all depends on the Immigration officer. We are at their mercy, I got unlucky and faced the most ...... officer, will not go further than this.

Thanks I appreciate .

Reactions: harirajmohan

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
CIC is such a joke. Looks like they dont even bother reading the question sent on the web form. They always give the same message. I had a pending request from them on police clearance and the 30 day period was expiring soon. I asked them on how to extend it to another 30 days and the response is as usual. CIC is monitoring the covid situation and we donot need any other information from you at this point. I am confused on why they sent the request in the first place.
You have to call them. Apparently they have started to ignore all requests from Webforum.

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
So I had a talk with IRCC agent today , I asked her about my status what GCMS shows and What new trackers shows . She said Prohib no started . So basically this confirms what you see on fancy tracker is not true status but ur GCMS is true. so keep ordering every month to get yourself relieved.

Secondly ,I mentioned all 2020 and 2021 applications are moving fast because they are online and as I see stats too they are getting oath invites ccompared to 2019/2018 paper applicants should i apply online then ?
She became pisssed off and in a rude awakening said you can cannot compare to them as each applicant is different.

I said its 22 months should i apply online and get complete refund for my current app ? she said nothing is needed as for now but u cannot put multiple applications and you only get 100 dollar refund for the certificate if u withdraw.

With a sigh i hanged up the phone.
I had a very similar experience on the phone with a IRCC agent last week. When I asked why there hasn't been any update on my online profile despite the local officer giving me exact dates on when I would see an update, the agent told me that I was worrying too much, that they were still working on applications from May 2019 and as a September 2019 applicant I would have to wait my turn. I asked him why they were going through the online applications submitted in 2020 and 2021 instead of 2019 and 2018 and he started getting really angry and told me that he had seen people wait 8 years for citizenship and that 21 or 22 months was nothing which then led to me losing my patience. I share your pain; I have tried writing to my local office too and no response. I waited so long for the test, 3.5 months after the test for the interview, and it's been a month since my interview and my profile is still not complete. Like you, I wrote down every single trip I took with all details, saved all my boarding passes but nobody cares. Every time I call, they tell me that they're working on my language skills. I submitted my IELTS results, along with my undergrad transcript from Canada when I was applying so who knows what they don't like. I teach and do research for a living so it's getting to a point where I feel so humiliated hearing them tell me that they're still working on my language skills. Anyways, I'm hopeless, hope you'll hear something soon.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I had a very similar experience on the phone with a IRCC agent last week. When I asked why there hasn't been any update on my online profile despite the local officer giving me exact dates on when I would see an update, the agent told me that I was worrying too much, that they were still working on applications from May 2019 and as a September 2019 applicant I would have to wait my turn. I asked him why they were going through the online applications submitted in 2020 and 2021 instead of 2019 and 2018 and he started getting really angry and told me that he had seen people wait 8 years for citizenship and that 21 or 22 months was nothing which then led to me losing my patience. I share your pain; I have tried writing to my local office too and no response. I waited so long for the test, 3.5 months after the test for the interview, and it's been a month since my interview and my profile is still not complete. Like you, I wrote down every single trip I took with all details, saved all my boarding passes but nobody cares. Every time I call, they tell me that they're working on my language skills. I submitted my IELTS results, along with my undergrad transcript from Canada when I was applying so who knows what they don't like. I teach and do research for a living so it's getting to a point where I feel so humiliated hearing them tell me that they're still working on my language skills. Anyways, I'm hopeless, hope you'll hear something soon.
Bro really dont know what to say. I just wish it ends for everyone. Patience is completely running out . Def not going to celebrate canada day . I'm gonna put American flag on my car .

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
how long does it take to get GCMS notes, i applied for it on Jun 11th but havent got anything
I am also waiting. same day i too requested. Last time it took 33 days( and 28 days for my wife's request) hence will see if it comes this week or next week.

Reactions: el02220

Ghledhow

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Hey. I had my oath ceremony. The oath stage on my application timeline has been changed to completed but the application is still "In Progress".
My question is when does the whole application change to completed. Also, how long does it take to recieve the certificates. Thanks

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Expect anywhere between 30 and 45 days. They might sometimes ask for an additional extension of a month.
So after taking 7 pills of advil, i re-read my GCMS again . My file was last transferred from Montreal citizenship to Montreal Citizenship -CEN for clearances. And clearances means the ones that expire ( immigration and criminality ) since secu is valid for 4 years. My file ,since march 2021 has been sitting in registry. What is the current time to get clearances from Mr Rcmp and to update by IRCc .

Reactions: canvisa13