+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****August 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
Early August here. Sent via post registered and delivery confirms through Canada post. NS office

Hubby is in Toronto we got married Sept 22 2017 in Canada. I'm in Australia with my 2 teens.

Not even got a we have your application email yet. Also have no idea what all the abbreviations are is there a sticky post to what all the terms are like aor and so on please?
Hi Amy AOR stand for “Acknowledgment Of Receipt” is the receipt that your receive from CIC after your application is accepted .

Bumble

Sep 10, 2018
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2018
AOR Received.
04-10-2018
File Transfer...
07-11-2018
Med's Request
10-10-2018
Med's Done....
30-10-2018
Passport Req..
21-11-2018
Hello everyone,

My first post on this forum. I'm the sponsor of an outland spousal application. Both of us currently live in the United States; Spouse is a U.S. citizen.

Here's my timeline so far:
  • Date Received: August 17, 2018 (Paper application sent to Sydney, NS)
  • AOR1: October 4, 2018
Footer of AOR1 e-mail indicates "CPC Mississauga". I'm not sure if this is a standard footer, or if our application is indeed being processed in Mississauga.

ECAS says the following on the Sponsorship Application Status:
  1. We received your application to sponsor Xxxxxx on August 17, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 4, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 3, 2018.
ECAS says the following on the Permanent Residence Application Status:
  1. We received Xxxxxx's application for permanent residence on August 17, 2018.

I'm anticipating to receive SA and Medical Request in the next few days. I know the PA has 30 days to complete the medical exam. Does IRCC typically wait for the medical results before processing the application further, or would they start the next step (background check?) before medical results are received?

Thanks much in advance!

abhisheknair1989

May 27, 2018
My wife (in canada) had applied for me (in India) and the application reached them on the 23rd august. No AOR yet. Has anyone in that date range hear anything from cic ?

BackToOntario

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
Hello everyone,

My first post on this forum. I'm the sponsor of an outland spousal application. Both of us currently live in the United States; Spouse is a U.S. citizen.

Footer of AOR1 e-mail indicates "CPC Mississauga". I'm not sure if this is a standard footer, or if our application is indeed being processed in Mississauga.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 4, 2018.

I'm anticipating to receive SA and Medical Request in the next few days. I know the PA has 30 days to complete the medical exam. Does IRCC typically wait for the medical results before processing the application further, or would they start the next step (background check?) before medical results are received?

Thanks much in advance!
Your timeline so far is pretty much identical to ours. The AOR that I received also said Mississauga & I questioned whether it was transferred or just an old template that had not yet been updated. However, my Sponsor Approval letter on Friday afternoon clearly came from Mississauga, so I'm running with the assumption that our file has been transferred from Sydney to Mississauga. A faster timeline, presumably, even though we aren't planning to move to Canada until my daughter wraps up the 2018-19 school year down here next summer.

We received my husband's medical request late Friday evening, so definitely expect that to come soon. My project for Monday is calling approved panel physicians all over the US trying to figure out where we want to do his medical exam. I'm not sure about what IRCC does in the meantime, though - haven't got that far yet.
Good luck!

neha25

Jul 10, 2016
And I just noticed my husband might have made a mistake in filling schedule A
Where they ask if you were a member of any political organization or social youth or professional organization .. are they asking for any political link here or any organization
He was a member of cloud security alliance Auckland in 2011 for a short while but he didn’t add that in form thinking cic is asking only link or associations to any political party or organization
Not sure if he did right and for public recognition of our relation we sent a screenshot of his fb profile which shows our marriage update and along with it also came his status update from 2011 that he became a member of cloud security alliance which isn’t listed in his personal history
Would this be an issue??
We are worried and stressed of this can lead to rejection

RomeLondonCollingwood

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Med's Request
05-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hello everyone,

Thanks much in advance!
Your timeline is pretty much the same as ours, and we received AOR and SA from Missisauga too.
App Received: Aug 13th
AOR: Oct 3rd
SA: Oct 5th
Medical Req: Oct 5th.

Me (PA) I’m Italian but been living in UK for the past 6 years, partner is Canadian Citizen. We have no kids, been living together for 3 years, couple for 5. Pretty straightforward case, so I am assuming, reading other people’s stories, that simple cases are being sent to Missisauga ?! (I could be wrong).

Khalil899

Sep 24, 2018
Hello everyone!!

So we sent an outland sponsor application for my wife in Pakistan. Im a Canadian citizen and i believe we got the AOR. We sent it Aug 14 and on Sept 7th got the application # starting with F.

We were instructed to make the $85 biometric fee and have done and sent them a email of the receipt and still haven't received the biometric invitation letter... It's been past the 30 days dead line to get the biometric done but we still haven't gotten a letter stating when and when to give the biometrics... Anyone else still waiting?? Or having delays??

Please help as this is very stressful. We sent the application Thur a lawyer and he said it was in Sydney NS office. I have sent

Amy mouse

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
South Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
09-08-2018 returned 31-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17 jan 19 and 23 feb
AOR Received.
Nil
The biometrics thing is a big worry I see you'll say there is a due date once asked for.. big lproblem is my state doesnt even do them here. I will have to fly half way across the country to get them done and Australia is not a small country.so I'd need more then a few weeks to get it sorted. As I'd have to take leave from work book an overnight and so on.

Ugghh

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
The biometrics thing is a big worry I see you'll say there is a due date once asked for.. big lproblem is my state doesnt even do them here. I will have to fly half way across the country to get them done and Australia is not a small country.so I'd need more then a few weeks to get it sorted. As I'd have to take leave from work book an overnight and so on.

Ugghh
Totally agree!
But you're lucky that can do it in your own country! I got to go to another countries since there is no canadian embassy in my own! imagine flying to another country with a connecting flight for a 10 minutes biometric thing!!

Amy mouse

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
South Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
09-08-2018 returned 31-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17 jan 19 and 23 feb
AOR Received.
Nil
Very true I never thought of that . Silly rules. 1200km flight for a 10 minute thing is one thing but getting visas and passports to fly for the same is even more crazy

Reactions: Aref.P

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Hello All.
First, good luck to everyone.My husband and I are also in PR process and its stressful but worth it.

I am helping my good friend and her husband with their process. They recently got married, she lives in Canada (PR) and he resides in Australia. He is back in the outback, but of course would like to be with his wife asap. Ive suggested him coming sooner and applying PR inland, but he doesn't want to come without the ability to work upon landing. A few questions for some options I am considering for them.
Can you apply for a open work permit as an outland applicant? I always thought this was reserved for inland applications.
The australian has an ETA (his country is exempt from visitors visas). According to CIC one way to get a open work permit is to be a eta holder? Could he be eligible for this?

You may be eligible for an open work permit if you:

• are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
  • are a student who’s no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute student)
  • applied for permanent residence in Canada
  • are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
  • are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student
  • are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member
  • are under an unenforceable removal order
  • are a temporary resident permit holder, or
  • are a young worker participating in special programs
thank you!!

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Outland Sponsor.....................No AOR yet
May like to give it 60 to 90 days sadly ; according to present speeds. . Try ECAS we tried it shows something there but no AOR Nothing yet Late JULY file SYDNEY. Use your PAYMENT receipt number then further, it worked!! I found thta's the only 1 worked in my AND PA's account. Cheers