+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 Application

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
hi guys i need your help for Notice of appear
they mentioned some documents along with me while going for exam.
do i have to carry my photograph again?(the reason why i ask, they mentioned
that as bring all documents which support your application as per checklist)

Thanks
Your presence will prove that you are the same person as in the picture you submitted. No need to carry photographs.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
hi guys i need your help for Notice of appear
they mentioned some documents along with me while going for exam.
do i have to carry my photograph again?(the reason why i ask, they mentioned
that as bring all documents which support your application as per checklist)

Thanks
Hi, I haven't got that far in the process yet so I can't speak from personal experience, but I have seen notes from others on the spreadsheet elsewhere previously who say they recommend taking:
a) Letter for Invitation of Test
b) Passports (Current and Expired)
c) PR Card
d) Landing Document (if you have one)
e) Driving License and Health Card
f) If you submitted copies of IELTS, take the original copy
g) If there was a name change, take the original
h) recommend you check all stamps in your passport to match your entry and exit (just in case they ask).

Laziophilic

Nov 10, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Keep me posted when you get next update... Here is my story:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/finger-print-information-not-on-file-even-after-4-months.607606/

Out of curiosity I called CIC today and found that they don't have information on my Finger Prints, that I completed them... on file yet and CIC Agent suggested to send a copy of receipt to Vancouver office marking it as FYI.

Is this normal for Citizenship applicant from Vancouver/Surrey BC area? Looking at Vancouver Area applications timeline in various forums they are usually taking much longer time overall... Is Vancouver office a bottleneck for us ?
I deleted my most recent comment as I got updates today.

I called CIC because today is 30 days from the day of the FPs letter. The agent got back to me that they recived it on Jan 18th though I had done them on Jan the 4th and it was sent electronically.

Will keep you posted for further updates

Jlh

Nov 5, 2018
I was just getting ready and going through some of the paperwork that needs to ve taken during the test. I realized I made a mistake on the physical presence sheet as i was printing the itineraries. What should i do? What do you guys think will happen? My test is on the 30th jan.

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you guys for my photograph related question.
really appreciated all of your help

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
I was just getting ready and going through some of the paperwork that needs to ve taken during the test. I realized I made a mistake on the physical presence sheet as i was printing the itineraries. What should i do? What do you guys think will happen? My test is on the 30th jan.
I can't speak from personal experience, but others may be able to assist you better. My question to you would be that even with the mistake do you still have enough days physical presence to qualify?

CHAND394

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Pakistan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
July-2011
Doc's Request.
June-2012
File Transfer...
Sep-2011
Med's Request
Jun-2012
Med's Done....
Jul-2012
Interview........
ALHUMDULILALLAH, Waived
Passport Req..
Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2013
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH, Jun-2013
Guys needs your help.

I received a letter by mail from IRCC requesting my finger prints which I did through 3rd party commissionaires office on 21.nov.2018. But on 19. JAN. 2019 I got an email saying that they don't have my FP and it's a final request. So I call IRCC and she suggested me to send receipt via Webform and she also sent me the link. Meanwhile I called RCMP to find out about my FP result which they said that its been forwarded on 27.Nov.2018 to IRCC. But RCMP said that I need to do it again but IRCC said just send us the receipt.

Please advise and if anybody else has the same problem and what did he do?

SLteacher

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 24-02-2015
AOR Received.
Check Cashed: 30-01-2015
Fingerprints are an issue, especially in Vancouver. I got request for fingerprints on Dec 5th. Went to Vancouver Police and they refused to acknowledge CIC request and said that they will not send it to them directly and will not add their info to the file. Did the fingerprints, got the original letter from RCMP on December 14th in Mail. Took it to the CIC office in downtown Vancouver on December 17th in person and handed it to them. They refused to give me a receipt. No updates in my file so far. :(

BiomedAmrt

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Hi guys !!!
I made a small mistake in my employment date for my recent job. I started in june but by mistake I wrote it July 2018. I am currently working with same employee. Does that make any difference?

SLteacher

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 24-02-2015
AOR Received.
Check Cashed: 30-01-2015
Hi guys !!!
I made a small mistake in my employment date for my recent job. I started in june but by mistake I wrote it July 2018. I am currently working with same employee. Does that make any difference?
very unlikely.

BiomedAmrt

Star Member
Dec 17, 2018
Hi guys !!!

My Application received date: August 28, 2018
AOR: November 15
In process: November 28
CIC : Vancouver
FP request: December 6
FP reached according to Canada post: Jan4,2019
When can I expect test invite?

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
In your shoes, I would just be prepared to answer any questions they may ask about dates at the interview post test, but the fact you have been called for the test would in my view make me believe all will be OK. You say you have enough days, so you qualify regardless. Others on the forum may be able to add their thoughts.

JC85

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
For those who got FPs request, please advice:

I got a request on Dec 24th for FPs, I had done them on Jan the 4th and provided the police officer with the address in Vancouver were the FPs need to be submitted. Called CIC to check for an updates last Friday, they told me nothing was updated and still they didn't receive the FPs!! They told me to wait until it it is 30 days from the Day of the letter and call them again for updates!
When I got my FPs taken back in Dec 13, they advised to wait two to three weeks until they reach the Vancouver office (as RCMP uses regular mail). I waited a month and I got the test invitation. I didn't have to call CIC. I'm a believer that if we keep calling, we keep pulling them from been more proactive with our applications. Patient and good luck!