+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi everyone,

I received an update on my profile yesterday and found out that the status of "Review of Additional Documents" changed from "We are reviewing the additional documents provided" to "Not Applicable". This looks like a good sign, at least someone has worked on my file.
Anyone who had a similar update and later recieved a PPR? Approximately how may days later did u receive the Golden mail post the update. I am just one day short of the 6 month mark.

I spoke to a friendly IRCC agent last thursday (after waiting for almost 30 minutes) who informed me that my eligibility is "Recommended Pass" and the background verifications are currently in progress... I was a little relieved that the eligibility looks good. However, after reading a few comments posted by other members, i am a little skeptical about the authenticity of the info provided by the agent. I havent ordered GCMS notes so cant really compare the notes with the agent's info. Would appreciate comments from members who have been through similar experiences.
Well it depends on your application and our ADR. Sometimes ADR changes to NA and remains the same till COPR.
Also, there is no trend of how many days after your ADR, you get your PPR. If the ADR is for review required cases, that is a good sign, because it shows that the file finally moved and the set you recommended met or met or passed. But, if it the ADR is for SS, no one can tell how long it is going to take

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
Not necessarily. It also could mean that you are under review required and the officer needs to review your eligibility. Also, after all the steps done, the officer will review everything one more time before issuing ppr. So, it could mean any of these reviews
I think I have a different opinion. I think it means that it is in queue for final review before PPR. Should it be otherwise, they would have mentioned that they need to conduct additional verifications and cannot give a timeline. Good luck.

blahola

Apr 2, 2014
This is probably my last post in this group. Just finished my landing via appointment at IRCC Etobicoke!!

I've said this before and I say it again: Without this group, my anxiety would have reached record levels. Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories and updates and keeping me sane!

Profile: CEC Inland, citizen of India

Timeline:
AOR: August 1
MEP: August 24
No updates since then until PPR on January 31st (on last day of 6 month processing timeline!)
Got stamped passport within two weeks of sending it.
Got final interview appointment within two weeks of requesting one as well.

Contacted local MP a couple times to get updates, and did a few web form requests as well.

Good luck everyone!

Mo-Desire

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
File Transfer...
14-09-2018
I think I have a different opinion. I think it means that it is in queue for final review before PPR. Should it be otherwise, they would have mentioned that they need to conduct additional verifications and cannot give a timeline. Good luck.
You're right, my file is eligibility recommend passed and still waiting. Response to enquiries stated that the file is currently on queue waiting for officer's review. This is nerve wracking seriously.

Reactions: Tinaaah

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
You're right, my file is eligibility recommend passed and still waiting. Response to enquiries stated that the file is currently on queue waiting for officer's review. This is nerve wracking seriously.
Just be patient! I understand. I got this response twice before PPR. So it's at the final stage. All the best

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
I’m in Canada. Can Someone please tell me what number should I call to talk to CIC.
One day remaining for 6 months bar.
+ 1888 242 2100..use this number for within Canada while you use the other number given for outside Canada thru Google hangout dialer. Good luck

Reactions: inder2662

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
I received this email from cic today. I am trying to understand what it means.

"Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed. Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum."

Does it mean im under additional security screening? or is it a regular review? As when i called, the agent told me i had passed eligibility and criminality and the security was yet to be started.
It means that your application is in its final stage and after the officer reviews it..you can expect PPR in some weeks. Although it's different for every application but I'm talking from my experience. Be positive and it's almost over.

Reactions: pandadreams11

marciocdb

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Another day without any news... it's so frustrating... my life is currently standing still and I can't do anything, just waiting for the VISA.
I made plans to receive the visa within 5 months, not 7+ months... My wife and I are here everyday looking at each other thinking "maybe today is the day"... we can't look for jobs, homes...

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Anyone else last week of August time frame? Been eligibility passed since November but BG has not started yet when my sister tried to call in Tuesday. After this week it'll be a 6 months and 1 week.

Reactions: diana777md

Atuli

Oct 14, 2018
Spoke to an agent today...she said file looks good no review required and all is passed except security which is still pending to begin due to third party involvement...6 months completed week ago..don’t know when security will begin...eligibility got passed on 22 Jan as per agent...since then no activity...please suggest when security will begin and how long it takes to conclude...!!

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
Spoke to an agent today...she said file looks good no review required and all is passed except security which is still pending to begin due to third party involvement...6 months completed week ago..don’t know when security will begin...eligibility got passed on 22 Jan as per agent...since then no activity...please suggest when security will begin and how long it takes to conclude...!!
don't you see same update for eligibility as passed on your online account? Just curious

neutron

Jan 17, 2019
Hi everyone,
I would greatly appreciate if any CEC or FSW inland applicant can tell if COPR has been stamped by Border Officer or the COPR only contains the signature of officer. Thank you very much in advance