+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

GauravChopra4

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Ok. In that case I am sure you may have missed something which can be explained. Have you heard back from CIC ?
I didnt actually miss anything and was not sure why they asked for the explanation as I just gave them a letter stating everything which was already mentioned in my profile. That is why I am concerned as my application was moving fast initially but it hasn't shown any movement after the 2nd ADR which was in October.

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
I didnt actually miss anything and was not sure why they asked for the explanation as I just gave them a letter stating everything which was already mentioned in my profile. That is why I am concerned as my application was moving fast initially but it hasn't shown any movement after the 2nd ADR which was in October.
This kind of Lull (ness) is one of the best behaviours of CIC. Hold tight. Be optimistic. If the info provided by you is accurate, no need to worry.

Reactions: GauravChopra4

GauravChopra4

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
This kind of Lull (ness) is one of the best behaviours of CIC. Hold tight. Be optimistic. If the info provided by you is accurate, no need to worry.
The information provided by me is totally accurate. So I did my graduation for which WES gave me credits of a degree and in the same time with graduation, I pursued CA IPCC(correspondence) .For which WES credited me 1 year of certificate course, hence I could select 2 or more degrees and certificates in my profile. Now I am just worried if CIC will consider these as 2 or just 1 as those were done in same time period. I selected 2 as WES gave me credits for both.

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
why did it take over 2 months to get your passports back post PPR?
It didn’t. You have 30 days to submit your passport after the PPR. I got PPR in end of Oct. I submitted my passport only in end of Nov - right before the deadline. I got it back in first week of Jan. That’s about 5 weeks - not two months. My attorney had advised that anywhere between 2-5 weeks is normal for passport return.

Dec 21/22 onwards, most people in the North American continent take time off and things do not reopen till Jan 2 (Dec 31 and Jan 1 is a holiday here in most government and private sector agencies....Jan 2 is the official reopen date). My guess is the CIC was probably highly understaffed during the period and mailing back passports might not have been their priority. My tracking label got activated early on Jan 2 itself and I got the delivery within 24 hours.

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Most people , and I mean it, most people dont losse it until something unusual happens. You got approval in roughly 3.5 Months. Easy peasy.. But the panic starts, when you are moved to an advance stage (read IP2) and wait there, and see people pass the same phase in matter of days.
GCMS, CSE are supposed to be tools to fish out some (on the mercy of CIC) info, if at all.
Well I never even saw my profile change to IP2. It was in “We will let you know when BGC starts” till the very end. That is more unusual than many other things. But I didn’t see the point in panicking. I too saw people with my timeline move to IP2. But just because someone else’s application moves, doesn’t mean ours should too. This is just my opinion - there are no universal patterns with CIC.

Someone else’s application speed cannot an indicator of ours. 4 of my friends who applied with me all got PRs before me. That was unusual too. But it’s good to keep in mind that so long as you are within the prescribed 6 month timeline, there isn’t much we can do to speed anything up.

I also added my wife after I received ITA (I have explained this in detail in my previous posts). So I had even more things to worry about than many others. But I honestly do not think there’s value in checking statuses multiple times a day and playing guess games about every ghost update.

Again, it’s just my personal opinion and it’s okay if someone has a different opinion. :)

Reactions: Nash1905

MAK2018

Sep 17, 2018
Hi MAK, as your eligibility met, I want to know whether this got updated on your application in Account. Because some folks even say that they received PPR but no status changed at all (Except Meds passed.). Is it so ?
Eligibility has been met as per GCMS notes and also as per agent but the account shows that "we are reviewing". Well in most of the cases even after receiving PPR the account shows we are reviewing.

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Good morning guys!!! It's COPR!!!

I did not expect this till January 20th. I need to read the complete steps to follow but it's here. Thank God!!

iTA: June 25th
AOR: August 16th
ADR: September 6th
ADR Submitted: September 9th
ADR Review: September 11th
MEP: September 11th
IP2: December 20th
Ready for Visa email: January 4th 2019

Hope y'all get them visas soon. Good luck guys!!!

Congratulations :)

Reactions: aahaanbajaj

Shikta

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Good morning guys!!! It's COPR!!!

I did not expect this till January 20th. I need to read the complete steps to follow but it's here. Thank God!!

iTA: June 25th
AOR: August 16th
ADR: September 6th
ADR Submitted: September 9th
ADR Review: September 11th
MEP: September 11th
IP2: December 20th
Ready for Visa email: January 4th 2019

Hope y'all get them visas soon. Good luck guys!!!
Congratulations!
Good to know that we are back in business :)

Manu Kapoor

Dec 9, 2017
+1 (613) 944-4000 follow the IVR keep you application number handy use google hangout or Skype App if calling from India try near 6 PM IST probibility to reach agent will be high
Sumeet, Is itmandatory to use Hangout / Skype ?
I tried calling the same number through my mobile phone. The ring buzzed in the first attempt. It asked me 6 options but none could lead me to any agent. That's why I asked