+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Noorain

Oct 27, 2018
Hey. I have submitted my passport for visa stamping today through VFS. Shall i resign now or wait for COPR.? Because my notice period is two months i feel i would be wasting 10 days for no reason.

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Hello auguesters fellows,

8 years ago my wife was refused a visa to Spain, in personal history I answered yes to the following question :

"Has XXX XXXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

And I answered No to the following :

"Has XXX XXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

Although I gave the reason of refusal in explanatory section, but now that I have been asked to fill a IMM 5669 I noticed that it was a mistake, should I rectify it by answering yes to both questions ? will I be contracting myself a bit ?

Please advise me on the matter.

Thanks
ask legalfalcon in his thread, he might be able to

Shikta

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hey. I have submitted my passport for visa stamping today through VFS. Shall i resign now or wait for COPR.? Because my notice period is two months i feel i would be wasting 10 days for no reason.
Congratulations!
Well, honestly, I would wait.. unless you already have a job offer in Canada and you are all ready and are under time pressure to report there.
Otherwise, let the COPR come, and meanwhile start planning and packing..
All the best!

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Guys, after checking my submitted form today, I can confidently declare that I filled my forms correctly, I have already declared my personal history for the asked period between 2009/03 and 2009/06 yet they are specifically asking me to mention what I was doing in that period, all I can say is that there was an overlapping since I was studying and working.
Do you know why they are asking for such form ?
Thanks guys.

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
It is this3 months which were missed out that led u to get this form. pls ensure, that there are no more gaps or slips this time cuz u wont get another chance. There is no need to panic yet bro. What i would suggest is to enlist ur entire activity since the age of 18 or last 10 years which ever is earlier on a paper first and then check it 5 times atleast before u start working on it officially. If u can get another individual to counter check it the 6th time it would be even better. Cheers bro!!
Thanks, I made an excel file with my AOR submitted personal history timeline, after checking multiple times, I found that there was no gap as I indeed filled up the period they asking for between 2009/03 and 2009/06, the only thing is that there was an Overlapping since I was working and studying at the same time, but I clearly mentioned that through personal history, I still wonder why they asked me for such form, I am nearly banding my head now because I took so much precautions not to miss anything yet they required me such form.

Last edited:

HM9292

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
Hello All,

My Timeline is:

AOR : Aug 29,2018 (CEC Applicant)
MEP: Sept 24,2018
IP2: Sept 24,2018 (changed the same day as MEP)
ADR: RCMP - Sept 24,2018 (again same day as MEP)
RCMP Uploaded- Oct 11,2018

I'm stuck at IP2 stage since Sept 24th! Hope it's normal :confused:

Is someone else in kinda similar shoes?

Please advise.

Thanks and Good Luck to all!

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Hello All,

My Timeline is:

AOR : Aug 29,2018

Please advise.

Hello,

I am in similar situation. 23rd of August is my AOR. I did my Medicals before so it was passed immediately. Since I am inland CEC, i went to IP2 directly. Never had any update since then.
Btw i also did upload my RCMP with my own country's RCMP while i was submitting my PR profile in the first place.
So yea i am stuck in IP2 stage for a long time too. But 2 weeks ago my Bridging Open Work Permit was approved and i received the official papers in 2 days.

Mannfdk

Oct 22, 2018
Hello All,

My Timeline is:

AOR : Aug 29,2018 (CEC Applicant)

Please advise.

Same situation - same AOR - stuck in Ip2 -i think something wrong with us -inland candidates

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Same situation - same AOR - stuck in Ip2 -i think something wrong with us -inland candidates
I agree, i mentioned it multiple times here how FSW - Outland is getting processed faster than CEC interestingly (according to my observation in myimmitracker august and july applicants). I mean they always say CEC is the easiest way to apply since it requires less documents and you live in canada, one would assume CEC applicants documents would be verified and finalized a bit quicker than what it is now.
I'd like to note that i mean no disrespect to any other applicants, not seeing myself privileged or anything but i am having difficulty in understanding how an Inland CEC applicant's profile processed slower than a Outland applicant.
I wish it was a bit quicker than it is right now. Like everyone else we have to wait for our turn and hope for the PPR golden email.

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
Thanks, I made an excel file with my AOR submitted personal history timeline, after checking multiple times, I found that there was no gap as I indeed filled up the period they asking for between 2009/03 and 2009/06, the only thing is that there was an Overlapping since I was working and studying at the same time, but I clearly mentioned that through personal history, I still wonder why they asked me for such form, I am nearly banding my head now because I took so much precautions not to miss anything yet they required me such form.
Did you miss mentioning any previous visa refusals?