+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

killborn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Haven't been able to link my account, so I have been logging into the Online services to check status. I submitted my medical a few weeks ago, which has since updated to Medical received and stayed there. I submitted my Background checks and Schedule A online about 10 days ago using the upload system, but nothing is reflected on the Daily Status. Is that a concern?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Haven't been able to link my account, so I have been logging into the Online services to check status. I submitted my medical a few weeks ago, which has since updated to Medical received and stayed there. I submitted my Background checks and Schedule A online about 10 days ago using the upload system, but nothing is reflected on the Daily Status. Is that a concern?
None of that gets reflected in ecas. The status updates are different on mycic.

This is what ours looks like:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 1, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on May 18, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 14, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 28, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on July 19, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

killborn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Thank you. Curious, since yours is from March, has it already been approved or is below still valid for you?

None of that gets reflected in ecas. The status updates are different on mycic.

This is what ours looks like:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 1, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on May 18, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 14, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 28, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on July 19, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

killborn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Nope, still valid, still waiting
Hopefully not long now.

Anyone have experience with NAFTA visas and PR? I am on a NAFTA now, and have to extend it soon.. Do I tell them when I go to the border that I have a PR application in the works?

adv.rishab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
1. Can anyone tell how much time CiC takes to tranfer file to visa office from the date of AOR 1 (application received)

2. Please inform how much time is taken by NDVO from the date of transfer of file till stamping of visa (PP req and rec)

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Short trips are fine, you just can't live outside of Canada. I have read on this forum that trips up to 2 weeks and sometimes even 3 weeks are fine, but anything more than that is putting your application in peril.
Where does it say that PR sponsors are not allowed to leave Canada or are limited to the number of days/weeks that they can leave? I went through the FAQs for sponsorship and there's nothing there that states this. I feel like when you say "live" it's like you're moving outside of Canada until the sponsorship papers are done. But that doesn't mean that the PR sponsor can't leave and go on a vacation for more than the number of weeks you mentioned, no?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Where does it say that PR sponsors are not allowed to leave Canada or are limited to the number of days/weeks that they can leave? I went through the FAQs for sponsorship and there's nothing there that states this. I feel like when you say "live" it's like you're moving outside of Canada until the sponsorship papers are done. But that doesn't mean that the PR sponsor can't leave and go on a vacation for more than the number of weeks you mentioned, no?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp
  • “you can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada”
The 2-3 week number is an anecdotal number gathered from posts by experienced members on the forum based on what they’ve seen be acceptable.

Reactions: kanor24

adv.rishab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
1. Can anyone tell how much time CiC takes to tranfer file to visa office from the date of AOR 1 (application received)

2. Please inform how much time is taken by NDVO from the date of transfer of file till stamping of visa (PP req and rec)

Bhubank

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Hello eveyone, I got my AOR, and I able to link my application, there no request for background chack and medical! Can someone help me how long gonna take it?

Reactions: betterthanyoko

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
Hello eveyone, I got my AOR, and I able to link my application, there no request for background chack and medical! Can someone help me how long gonna take it?
be patient. you will receive the requests. it took about a week after AOR for our medical request and almost 2 weeks between AOR and background check request. they will come.
you must have an abundance of patience for this process. its going to take time.
:)

roverbon

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hi Roverbon. Thanks for the above link. Its quite informative and useful. However, I have observed from the stages as well as the posts of other applicants that the stages and process is not same for everyone. For example some people are getting medical request earlier and some later, some are getting emails from CIC and VO and some not. Some applicants are getting AOR 2 and 3 while some are not. I think processing time was also different for applicants at different stages. It seems that there is no uniformity of processing applications by CIC. Btw, do tell us when there is an update in your application. Thanks
I have an extra line one my ecas today. it says they are processing with my application.

Windywalks

Jul 6, 2017