+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2016 - CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POLICAP said:
Please when do I know when to file in for citizenship.
My family came to Canada in October 2011 on visitor visa.
Application for inland PR in April 2011 and got landed in Nov. 2014.
Please when do you think Citizenship application should be submitted.
Under current rules and if you didn't and won't leave Canada for even one day then you will be eligible in November 2018.

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ladies and gentlemen, i got a CIT 0520 in the mail this afternoon requesting:

1: Rental agreements, leases etc
2: ROE or pay stubs for 6 years
3: Notice of assessment for the last 4 tax years
4: Personal health claims summary from all provinces i resided in over the last 6 yrs
5: School records of all minor children under 18 at time of application (also over 6 years period)

Is this normal? If requirement is 4 out of 6 years, why 2010-2016? Should i be concerned? Thanks for your input in advance.

Zixco

Nov 22, 2016
Dear imran01,
I have updated my timeline as well. I apologize for being so late to do this as I was not aware of this sheet. However, I still think that it will help others to estimate their timelines.
App mailed: Aug 11, 2016 (FedEx)
App received: Aug 15, 2016
AOR: Aug 29, 2016
In process: Sep 1, 2016
Invite to Test: Sep 23, 2016
Test taken: Oct 20, 2016 (score 20/20)
Oath Invite: Oct 27, 2016
Decision made: Oct 30, 2016
Oath: Nov 25, 2016

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you very much,
August Sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BZma84gwofEV-GeYx13fiyxZORk8NqRjaTn-VMKtvqA/edit#gid=1157631957

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinam said:

4: Personal health claims summary from all provinces i resided in over the last 6 yrs
5: School records of all minor children under 18 at time of application (also over 6 years period)

Is this normal? If requirement is 4 out of 6 years, why 2010-2016? Should i be concerned? Thanks for your input in advance.
So sorry to hear that you received CIT 0520 :(.

I would think that if you have lived in Canada in the last 6 years that is why they would ask for this time frame to be covered?

akramborno

Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinam said:

honestly i never heard of CIT 0520, but i would assume they are only looking for the last 6 years in Canada which means whatever you have in the last 6 years only.

Good luck and lets us know how it goes.

Gallant555

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Nov1,2010
Med's Done....
Nov8,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June9,2011
LANDED..........
June17,2011
Hi Tinam,

I found following post in the past forum,

Sorry to hear about this kmilo,
"The benefit of CIT 520 is that they tell you specifically what documents they want, unlike the RQ which is overwhelmingly broad (in my experience).
CIT 520 indicates that they've looked at your case in detail. This is good. Your file has been on someone's desk, rather than sitting in storage. Hopefully it is still on their desk.
If you can provide the documents they have requested, or very good alternative documents that address the similar issues, your citizenship will probably be processed relatively quickly"
Good luck.

It would be great if you create package of document to address the CO. please do not rush to send it.
Please let us know we all wanting to help you create the package. I am sure Rigly68 would be wanting to team up as well.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gallant555 said:
It would be great if you create package of document to address the CO. please do not rush to send it.
Please let us know we all wanting to help you create the package. I am sure Rigly68 would be wanting to team up as well.
Absolutely!!!!!

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:
So sorry to hear that you received CIT 0520 :(.

I would think that if you have lived in Canada in the last 6 years that is why they would ask for this time frame to be covered?
Thank you Rigly. I have started the tough work of getting everything they requested. Some may not get to me in time but i will do my best! Thanks again for the support!!

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akramborno said:
honestly i never heard of CIT 0520, but i would assume they are only looking for the last 6 years in Canada which means whatever you have in the last 6 years only.

Thanks Akramborno. I will try to gather as much as i can possibly get my hands on..Thanks again for the support.

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gallant555 said:
Hi Tinam,

I found following post in the past forum,

Sorry to hear about this kmilo,
"The benefit of CIT 520 is that they tell you specifically what documents they want, unlike the RQ which is overwhelmingly broad (in my experience).
CIT 520 indicates that they've looked at your case in detail. This is good. Your file has been on someone's desk, rather than sitting in storage. Hopefully it is still on their desk.
If you can provide the documents they have requested, or very good alternative documents that address the similar issues, your citizenship will probably be processed relatively quickly"
Good luck.

Thanks Gallant! I truly appreciate the support and will definitely let you know. I have already requested for my ROE from all employers, will mail health summaries requests from the 2 provinces i have lived, rental agreements and school records for my kids as well. Its the delivery times that i am concerned with but will keep records of when the requests were sent and submit them to CO in case i don't get the paperwork in time.. Thanks again!

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akramborno said:

Its the lesser of the 2 evils compared to an RQ!

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinam said:
I have already requested for my ROE from all employers,
If by any chance your former employers filed the ROE electronically directly with Service Canada you can get a copy from Service Canada yourself...this might be faster than waiting for former company to send?

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:
If by any chance your former employers filed the ROE electronically directly with Service Canada you can get a copy from Service Canada yourself...this might be faster than waiting for former company to send?
Thanks Rigly. I already did look at Service Canada website and only 1 employer has up to date ROE, the other ones are not. Some were last filed when my status changed from say part time to full time, so i need the most inclusive ones...

Gallant555

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Nov1,2010
Med's Done....
Nov8,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June9,2011
LANDED..........
June17,2011
Hi Tinam,
It's cool that you have already started the procedure to get all documents. reading through the forum found that CO requested the same documents again after few months even though applicant had sent all documents they had requested.
It would be best if you can type a nice letter with explanation of the documents you are submitting them.
Good Luck!