+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

starz

Mar 29, 2015
Hi Guys,
I would like to share the timeline of my citizenship application submitted on Aug 18th 2014.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 20, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 20, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 30, 2014.

We sent you a notice on March 31, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 20, 2015 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on April 20, 2015.

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

I am studying hard on the exam. I read the booklet twice and have done a couple of online tests. Is this enough? Are the real tests pretty the same as the free online tests? Plz suggest valid and credible online tests websites if you don't mind.

Good luck to all

T

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tamara_ said:
Dear all,

I am studying hard on the exam. I read the booklet twice and have done a couple of online tests. Is this enough? Are the real tests pretty the same as the free online tests? Plz suggest valid and credible online tests websites if you don't mind.

Good luck to all

T
Do not stress. The test is very easy. Reading the book once/twice and doing some online tests should just be enough. I would recommend getting the test app (OCASI) on play store,but keep in mind the book is the most reliable source.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello all,
any august applicant got the test invitation other than tamara? please share
thanks

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
hello all,
any august applicant got the test invitation other than tamara? please share
thanks
I think lots of applicants did, my oath is on Tuesday.

rivermax91

Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wrote my test on April 14th in Montreal. My application was received on August 1st, 2014. And it was transferred to the local office on January 7th, 2015.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just took the Oath, the ceremony took around an hour and 30 minutes. It was great to meet a lot of new citizens there. When we got there, we first met with the officers to hand in our PR cards and get our seat numbers. We then were guided to the other room where we sat and waited for the judge to join us. We all repeated the oath with the judge. We then got our citizenship certificate and sang the national anthem. At the end, they told us we can apply for passport after 3 days, that was about it. I left right away as I didn't want to get stuck in rush hour. I should admit something though, as I have been living in Canada for 15+ years (since I was 17 when I came here as student), I didn't feel as excited as most of other people there (i.e. staying extra to talk to the judge, or taking pictures, etc.). Don't get me wrong, I am excited to say I am officially Canadian, but I guess due to the number of years I have lived here, I already felt I am Canadian (if that makes any sense lol).

Anyway, I want to thank everyone in this forum for all your great advice. I hope all you guys receive your Oath invites soon.

Cheers.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congratulations :) great news. are you from Ottawa?

OP_POP said:
I just took the Oath, the ceremony took around an hour and 30 minutes. It was great to meet a lot of new citizens there. When we got there, we first met with the officers to hand in our PR cards and get our seat numbers. We then were guided to the other room where we sat and waited for the judge to join us. We all repeated the oath with the judge. We then got our citizenship certificate and sang the national anthem. At the end, they told us we can apply for passport after 3 days, that was about it. I left right away as I didn't want to get stuck in rush hour. I should admit something though, as I have been living in Canada for 15+ years (since I was 17 when I came here as student), I didn't feel as excited as most of other people there (i.e. staying extra to talk to the judge, or taking pictures, etc.). Don't get me wrong, I am excited to say I am officially Canadian, but I guess due to the number of years I have lived here, I already felt I am Canadian (if that makes any sense lol).

Anyway, I want to thank everyone in this forum for all your great advice. I hope all you guys receive your Oath invites soon.

Cheers.

salmonbait

Jan 21, 2015
Checking in! Oath update at last. Received the letter yesterday (Apr 28, 2015).

Vancouver
Single
Application Submitted: Aug 1, 2014
CIC receipt acknowledgement: Aug 21, 2014
In Process: Oct 16, 2014
Test date: Feb 10, 2015
Oath: May 15, 2015

ramahi98

Mar 30, 2015
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my latest updates in my timeline:-

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 5, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 5, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on October 23, 2014.

4. We sent you a notice on February 12, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 3, 2015 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a notice on April 7, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 27, 2015 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

6. You became a Canadian citizen on April 27, 2015.

Good luck to all of you.

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Update!

Got my invite to write the test on May 14, 2015. ;D

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ottawaResident said:
Update!

Got my invite to write the test on May 14, 2015. ;D
Congratulations. We pretty much have the same timeline and the same local office. ;D ;D ;D

Good luck