+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
getcanadavisa said:
Hello Everybody,

Thank you very much for constant support and guidance.
I think this August 2014 is best group of people who contributed very
positively and try to solve quires.

I am done with my test and got my oath date on 19th this month.

Thank you,
getCanadaVisa

Congrats and best wishes to you too. Are you scheduled for 1:00 PM ceremony on 19th? Then we will be taking oath together.

zujal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone;

congratulations to those who have passed their tests, for the rest of us, let's keep the faith and hope going.

I wanted to ask you guys à question. I sent my ontario drivers license as one of the ids. The address on my license was not up to date. in fact it has always had the address of my first dwelling. I have lived at 2 different addresses over the period of last three years (i was renting those properties). all other documents like tax, banking details etc have always had updated addresses.

do you think this might spell trouble?. I did update my address online today though (to my latest address). I have a receipt from the online system which indicates that address change is under process.

Please share an insight.

thanks

sweetdreama

Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zujal said:
Hi everyone;

congratulations to those who have passed their tests, for the rest of us, let's keep the faith and hope going.

I wanted to ask you guys à question. I sent my ontario drivers license as one of the ids. The address on my license was not up to date. in fact it has always had the address of my first dwelling. I have lived at 2 different addresses over the period of last three years (i was renting those properties). all other documents like tax, banking details etc have always had updated addresses.

do you think this might spell trouble?. I did update my address online today though (to my latest address). I have a receipt from the online system which indicates that address change is under process.

Please share an insight.

thanks
Hi Zujal,

I was in the same situation and it was no problem. The officer just wanted to verify that I had a real ID, there was never any mention of the date. I did, however, bring with me bills from all the addresses that I had lived at, just 2 or 3 from each address. Online i was able to print off statements and I think those had some old addresses. I never got to use these documents, and it is very possible that I was just lucky, but I don't see any reason to worry. I don't drive so I've never thought to change the address on my license. I had moved 3 times and the address hadn't changed.

You should be fine, but prepare in advance, just in case!!!! ;D

canappli

Nov 19, 2014
This question just passed through my mind. I was talking to one of my friends and he mentioned that he is planning to use services of lawyer / consultant for submitting her application - just to be on the safest side possible. She also thinks (in her opinion) that if application is done by professional then it gives processing officer an extra comfort and application could move faster?!!? :eek:

Any one who used assistance from any sort of professional?

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
canappli said:
This question just passed through my mind. I was talking to one of my friends and he mentioned that he is planning to use services of lawyer / consultant for submitting her application - just to be on the safest side possible. She also thinks (in her opinion) that if application is done by professional then it gives processing officer an extra comfort and application could move faster?!!? :eek:

I did, I had the same thinking as your friend plus I was going to travel after my application for work. I will tell you that it does not make any difference in terms of processing times. In fact my friend who did it on her own, got her test invit and I'm still waiting. I could be moving fast coz she is in toronot and I'm in montreal not sure. I can tell you having the middle man is not fun. The AOR was sent to his email and he said he never recieved it. So my advice do it on your own, avoid the middle man

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canappli said:

Let me add one thing, no one care about you more than yourself. When you prepare everything yourself, you can be double sure everything is accurate. When you use a consultant or lawyer, he cares way more about his pocket than you!

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
OP_POP said:
Let me add one thing, no one care about you more than yourself. When you prepare everything yourself, you can be double sure everything is accurate. When you use a consultant or lawyer, he cares way more about his pocket than you!
Could not agree more, if I can go back in time I would have not used a lawyer

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noor-blue83 said:
Could not agree more, if I can go back in time I would have not used a lawyer
Agree. Until you have complicated case like criminal history.. some other complicated background ..etc. in my view using lawyer is a wastage of time and money.

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
Hey All,

I received a reply to my case specific inquiry about my lost application.
I don't know if I should laugh or cry. This was their response:

Dear Client,

The Citizenship application process is a lengthy one and can take between 24 and 36 months or longer. Once you receive your acknowledgment letter, you will be able to check your file’s status online.

Please refer to the following website for information on preparing for the citizenship test:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/index.asp.

Regards,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
I'd cry n laugh in the same time. CIC hires robots to work nowadays.

You don't give up finding out where is your app though.

Cheers,

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yano4ka said:
Hey All,

I received a reply to my case specific inquiry about my lost application.
I don't know if I should laugh or cry. This was their response:

Dear Client,

The Citizenship application process is a lengthy one and can take between 24 and 36 months or longer. Once you receive your acknowledgment letter, you will be able to check your file's status online.

Please refer to the following website for information on preparing for the citizenship test:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/index.asp.

Regards,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
Hi,

Have you received the AOR? I haven't and no ECAS too.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HiCanadiano said:
Hi,

Have you received the AOR? I haven't and no ECAS too.
When did you apply? Well if it's past three months and you haven't heard anything, call CIC and have your tracking no and receipt number ready. This will enable them search for your application.

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
W applied on august 14-th.
We called, we wrote... and no AOR, no ECAS, no nothing.
Meanwhile we sent another application in December, I hope this one will have better destiny

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yano4ka said:
W applied on august 14-th.
We called, we wrote... and no AOR, no ECAS, no nothing.
Meanwhile we sent another application in December, I hope this one will have better destiny
Did you send another application? Oh my god. Should I do the same? I haven’t heard anything from them. However, I have ordered the ATIP report and it shows they have entered my information into their system and that is it. It appeared that they haven’t started anything on my file. A file number has been generated starting with C0000 and nothing afterwards. Should I send a Case specific inquiry? I am pretty sure they will send the same answer as yano4ka’s. I was told from the call centre like “you don’t have to worry about it as the processing time for Citizenship application takes up to 24-36 months blah blah. I don’t want to refer any of your experience and say this is unfair or something. Every one of you must have different scenarios, which make the processing time different. I totally understand that. Probably my application is sitting somewhere in their file storage room after an agent entered the data.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Mine as well. Keep praying and praying.....