+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

west2east

Jul 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Donvalley!

Do they have a place where you can leave your bags or folders ( for your documents) and coats, since you can't bring them inside the exam room?

Donvalley said:
@ OP_POP ; will be a good move if you can!
Thanks!

@ latitudeofgratitude
Thanks!î

OK friends, arrived home, so here is the full report of today's events...

Done my test today at Scarborough Centre, 19/20 score. Nothing too stressful as thought, both test and interview went smooth and fine. The staff at SC center appeared very professional, pleasant and nice in nature. One thing I love about this country's govt. servants; to be honest!

Arrival
We started much earlier thinking about the current extreme weather conditions here (-30C, 40km/h wind plus some snow fall) and to avoid traffic conditions; so reached there much earlier than the appointment. Just to mention that I stopped reading the book and test practices two day ago so that I get some time to relax and mentally prepare with whatever I learned so far. Just a side note for those who are not familiar; this is a huge govt building and houses PP Canada and other service Canada offices also. So lobby is open early morning and there is a large hall on building reception floor, enough space for shelter but no seats.
We were at ease on arriving early, no hurry worries and enough time to look around. CIC test center is on 3rd floor, there were about ten people already lined up before us in elevator lobby. Reception staff allowed us in after checking(just visual) test invite letters after opening doors at 7.30AM.

Waiting
There is a large enough waiting area and it looked like about 40-50 test takers arrived, were sitting there by 8:00 am, some looked very nervous and others doing final round of q&a session with instant friends made minutes earlier! Then around 8:00am test room staff asked us to line up for the test hall. Those exempted from test (above 55) were asked to go another room. No pencil, pen, phone(switch off) or other stuff allowed. You are free to choose any seat but family members are not allowed in nearest seats.

Test
At test start time (8:15) staff briefed very well how to fill up name and ID (last name) on the answer sheet (almost same like the computer read PSC (India) answer sheet). Also informed that the questions are not allowed to share to keep the secrecy of the test. 30 minutes test started at 8:25, i.e. up to 8:55am.

I understand there are many different question sets but my set was totally off from almost every online test I have tried, mentioned earlier under this thread. Actually most questions were pretty easy but some tricky. Online tests are good to practice but don't expect anything from there.
Nothing to worry or scare but don't take it too easy. All questions are based on the contents of the CIC provided study guide only. As mentioned earlier by others you don't need to be a pundit of everything in Canada, read the book couple of times and you are good to go. Try to "understand" what is in there NOT by-heart as is, as questions were tricky. No dates or names asked on my set. It took around 5 mins. to answer all the questions correct, but I choose to stay few more minutes reviewing (& it was like -30C out side), this is when I "corrected" one answer to wrong!

In my opinion the test seemed befitting the purpose; checking the basic knowledge about Canada.
Some people may find it hard to understand the questions rightly, one lady failed the test and were given re-test date on 13th or so...

Interview
Waited for the interview after test. I have very nice and pleasant lady CO called my name.
Interview remained chit chat (family, weather, driving etc.) while CO checking the passport, mostly stamps thoroughly. And one glimpse of landing paper, nothing else. There was nothing abnormal or that needed further explanations; although have some longer "vacations" and a baby born outside after becoming PR(2008). She mentioned about the long stays outside and seemed happy on my description and didn't go any further on it or anything else.
All this took around five minutes to finish and then she took the renowned pink papers (three pages, first page with printed --actually xerox-- date and venue of oath & name portion blank, second page for media consent and page three with some general info about citizenship) wrote our names (family, three applications) by pen on it.

I am relieved and happy that all this process close to finish line without much waiting or hassles. I wish all others still waiting a happy ending soon. Thanks to everyone for the wishes and reading. I will be back with another report on oath day.

Have a nice weekend and see you then friends.

Indigo.Indigo

Jan 9, 2015
GISGeek said:
You can talk to CIC to give you some convenient date after your vacation. It happened to me as well way back in 2003 when I was out of country taking care of some important work and to my utter surprize they sent me test date. Since I was so much stuck with the matter I requested them through a phone call and a letter to delay my test date. They gave me another date after one month and I was lucky to take it on time.
Thanks GISGeek..

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
sgimmy said:
can you explain it a little bit.may be with an example...
Test is pretty simple, no need to get nervous. As everyone else said; you will be good if gone through the book couple of times.
In my opinion anyone will score 10 for sure, if you were in Canada for 3-4 years period and been reading or watching news once or twice a week. Reading book will ensure pass mark above the first 10.

Although I remember questions, it is not allowed to share, so to give an example is like:

What was the stand or Do Canada stood up against fascism and communism in last century? (-- True/false -- )
You will not find this as is in the guide but refer to fascism (page 23) communism (page 25, in meaning)

west2east said:
Congrats Donvalley!

Do they have a place where you can leave your bags or folders ( for your documents) and coats, since you can't bring them inside the exam room?
@ west2east

Thanks
There is no place to leave bags/coats (I am not aware of). What I meant by saying -- No pencil, pen, phone(switch off) or other stuff allowed -- is not allowed anything in hand or to use (like phone, pen etc). They asked us to put everything inside bags (turn off phones, wear coats or on lap is fine) and keep with us.

west2east

Jul 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ west2east

Thanks
There is no place to leave bags/coats (I am not aware of). What I meant by saying -- No pencil, pen, phone(switch off) or other stuff allowed -- is not allowed anything in hand or to use (like phone, pen etc). They asked us to put everything inside bags (turn off phones, wear coats or on lap is fine) and keep with us.
[/quote]

Thanks again Donvalley! Much appreciated.

garykool40

Nov 13, 2014
All, Quick question - I have entries in my residency calculator for which I do not have stamps in passport (road crossing to USA and back) and also recent trips by Flight where they have introduced a new process of processing your PR via a machine and they stopped stamping the passport. I do not have any CBSA report etc.

Will this mean a delay by the officer during interview while checking docs? Any advice on how to ensure this situation does not happen is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Hello,

I lost google timeline sheet link.

Does anyone waiting for the ecas to be updated from Received to In Process?

1. Alexdive (me)

Please share!!
Thanks

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexdive said:
Hello,

1. Alexdive (me)
2. Thepolestar

Please share!!
Thanks
Alex, perhaps you should clarify here that all those with email AOR waiting for their status to change from "Received" to "In-process".

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thepolestar said:
Alex, perhaps you should clarify here that all those with email AOR waiting for their status to change from "Received" to "In-process".
Wow.....I should have checked my Ecas before posting my earlier message because just checked and found that my Ecas shows

"In-process" :) :)

Processing started Jan 09, 2015. I was rather expecting that the processing must have begun by now and may be the E-case update is taking time but it turned out that the file was just sitting.

Inching further...... :)

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
alexdive said:
Hello,

1. Alexdive (me)

Please share!!
Thanks
Alex,
Are you looking for this (Google spreadsheet) link?
http://goo.gl/UdobDn

Nov 4, 2014
Congrats Donvalley!!

I have couple of questions, If one applies with family(with wife and a child)

Do we need to take 5 you old child for test?
If husband is primary applicant then do they interview wife also?

thanks

Donvalley said:
@ OP_POP ; will be a good move if you can!
Thanks!

@ latitudeofgratitude
Thanks!

OK friends, arrived home, so here is the full report of today's events...

Done my test today at Scarborough Centre, 19/20 score. Nothing too stressful as thought, both test and interview went smooth and fine. The staff at SC center appeared very professional, pleasant and nice in nature. One thing I love about this country's govt. servants; to be honest!

Arrival
We started much earlier thinking about the current extreme weather conditions here (-30C, 40km/h wind plus some snow fall) and to avoid traffic conditions; so reached there much earlier than the appointment. Just to mention that I stopped reading the book and test practices two day ago so that I get some time to relax and mentally prepare with whatever I learned so far. Just a side note for those who are not familiar; this is a huge govt building and houses PP Canada and other service Canada offices also. So lobby is open early morning and there is a large hall on building reception floor, enough space for shelter but no seats.
We were at ease on arriving early, no hurry worries and enough time to look around. CIC test center is on 3rd floor, there were about ten people already lined up before us in elevator lobby. Reception staff allowed us in after checking(just visual) test invite letters after opening doors at 7.30AM.

Waiting
There is a large enough waiting area and it looked like about 40-50 test takers arrived, were sitting there by 8:00 am, some looked very nervous and others doing final round of q&a session with instant friends made minutes earlier! Then around 8:00am test room staff asked us to line up for the test hall. Those exempted from test (above 55) were asked to go another room. No pencil, pen, phone(switch off) or other stuff allowed. You are free to choose any seat but family members are not allowed in nearest seats.

Test
At test start time (8:15) staff briefed very well how to fill up name and ID (last name) on the answer sheet (almost same like the computer read PSC (India) answer sheet). Also informed that the questions are not allowed to share to keep the secrecy of the test. 30 minutes test started at 8:25, i.e. up to 8:55am.

I understand there are many different question sets but my set was totally off from almost every online test I have tried, mentioned earlier under this thread. Actually most questions were pretty easy but some tricky. Online tests are good to practice but don't expect anything from there.
Nothing to worry or scare but don't take it too easy. All questions are based on the contents of the CIC provided study guide only. As mentioned earlier by others you don't need to be a pundit of everything in Canada, read the book couple of times and you are good to go. Try to "understand" what is in there NOT by-heart as is, as questions were tricky. No dates or names asked on my set. It took around 5 mins. to answer all the questions correct, but I choose to stay few more minutes reviewing (& it was like -30C out side), this is when I "corrected" one answer to wrong!

In my opinion the test seemed befitting the purpose; checking the basic knowledge about Canada.
Some people may find it hard to understand the questions rightly, one lady failed the test and were given re-test date on 13th or so...

Interview
Waited for the interview after test. I have very nice and pleasant lady CO called my name.
Interview remained chit chat (family, weather, driving etc.) while CO checking the passport, mostly stamps thoroughly. And one glimpse of landing paper, nothing else. There was nothing abnormal or that needed further explanations; although have some longer "vacations" and a baby born outside after becoming PR(2008). She mentioned about the long stays outside and seemed happy on my description and didn't go any further on it or anything else.
All this took around five minutes to finish and then she took the renowned pink papers (three pages, first page with printed --actually xerox-- date and venue of oath & name portion blank, second page for media consent and page three with some general info about citizenship) wrote our names (family, three applications) by pen on it.

I am relieved and happy that all this process close to finish line without much waiting or hassles. I wish all others still waiting a happy ending soon. Thanks to everyone for the wishes and reading. I will be back with another report on oath day.

Have a nice weekend and see you then friends.

getcanadavisa

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
Hello Everybody,

Thank you very much for constant support and guidance.
I think this August 2014 is best group of people who contributed very
positively and try to solve quires.

I am done with my test and got my oath date on 19th this month.

Thank you,
getCanadaVisa

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
getcanadavisa said:
Hello Everybody,

Thank you very much for constant support and guidance.
I think this August 2014 is best group of people who contributed very
positively and try to solve quires.

I am done with my test and got my oath date on 19th this month.

Thank you,
getCanadaVisa
Congrats!

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DB-Mississauga said:
Congrats Donvalley!!

I have couple of questions, If one applies with family(with wife and a child)

Do we need to take 5 you old child for test?
If husband is primary applicant then do they interview wife also?

thanks

Thanks for the wishes!

1) Children under 18 and Seniors above 55 do not have to write the test but adults have to appear for the interview. Children don't have interview either. So you don't have to take them with you, especially if you both are taking test together.

* Now, if your question is whether can you take the child with you to exam room? No, Children are not allowed in the testing room. I suggest you arrange for a baby sitter or a family member/friend not writing the test with you who can stay with the child outside the examination hall.

2) There is no primary or dependent application for citizenship. Each application is individual and both of you have to give interviews. These can be consecutive or one after the other. Interview is easy, mostly verification of identity and original documents plus checking the ability to speak basic English more like a chat.