+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
immi2011 said:
Hi Donvalley,

My application was received at CIC on 6th October, 2014. So far no update from CIC at all. I called CIC this week and they said they are processing applications upto 1st October (which doesn't sound correct) as alot of applicants after October 1st have received AORs. I know there are applicants who are waiting for AOR longer than me (IRCANADA, Zujal etc). I wanted to send a case specific inquiry this week and wanted to ask your opinion on what document(s) i should attach, I am thinking to attach Canada Post Delivery Report with the signature of person who signed at the time of receiving my application. Do you have any other suggestion?

IRCANADA, Zujal

Who signed your application at the time of receiving it in Sydney? Mine was signed with initials DM, whole signature is not readable, so I wasn't able to figure out the exact/rough name spellings.

One more question to all, has anyone who is been told that send a new application, Did you try to speak to CIC agent's supervisor? I know its a long shot but it doesn't make sense at all if the courier company is giving us proof that application was received and signed by someone at CIC address in Sydney and they can't find it in their office.
We had sth signed k.m maybe same person? ?

chin24

Dec 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just been given an advise today from CIC agent to resend our application.
sent sept 23
received sept 26

agent said, she cannot find our file.. it might be:
1. lost - i told her i have a tracking number
2. returned- if returned, then we should have a notification that the application was in process, right? how would they know if it is incomplete if they have not opened it at all?

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Chin24,

I feel you dude, Ive given the same answer. How come a simple envelop with important documents can get lost when we have a proof of delivery. Or how can it be returned and we still didn't receive anything( they have told me that it might be returned and the postal service lost it or something. whattt??)
What I am going to do is just sending a new application with the explanation letter why i am submitting a duplicate application after waiting another week or two.

BTW My application was received and signed by K.M
chin24 said:
sent sept 23
received sept 26

2. returned- if returned, then we should have a notification that the application was in process, right? how would they know if it is incomplete if they have not opened it at all?

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
chin24 said:
sent sept 23
received sept 26

It s BS!!
How can they return it for that they would have to open and check it. As I said before...we had a change of address. They can't assume people live at their old one. Therefore they would have to updated at least the contact details.So we know for sure at the moment they didn't sent it back. And lost as y said...ut got it signed by s.o from CIC.
They just read the same line to everyone if they don't know what's going on.

chin24

Dec 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCANADA said:
Hey Chin24,

I feel you dude, Ive given the same answer. How come a simple envelop with important documents can get lost when we have a proof of delivery. Or how can it be returned and we still didn't receive anything( they have told me that it might be returned and the postal service lost it or something. whattt??)
What I am going to do is just sending a new application with the explanation letter why i am submitting a duplicate application after waiting another week or two.

BTW My application was received and signed by K.M
Yes, that's what we are planning to do, but we have to wait for the term report of my child in her new school as everything has to be updated before we resend our application. :( this is so frustrating.. i have friends who have sent their apps sept 18 and 30, they just received their book two days ago and today respectively.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do NOT need to pay again. simply copy the original payment receipt and attach it along with your file. Thats all!!

Ronaldo Da Lima 89 said:
For the people who will send a new application.

Did CIC charge you any money for the 1st app ?

Are you going to pay a new fees for the 2nd app ?

zujal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2011
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ronaldo Da Lima 89 said:
Did you check your credit card that you paid with ?

Did CIC charge you anything ?

[/quo

Hi Leo;

The credit card I used shows 400 dollars worth of an expense on my august statement.

Thanks.

AugCitiApp

Dec 4, 2014
Hello Aug applicants,
I am new to this thread, but have read through all your posts. I am a little impatient now. Everyone with similar timeline please share your information/experience with me!
App sent Aug 20
Received Aug 25
Email Confirmation received: Nov 5
Nothing else received up to now. NO ECAS!!! Do you think it is normal? Anyone in the same timeline has access to ECAS?
Thank you for your sharing!

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AugCitiApp said:
Hello Aug applicants,
I am new to this thread, but have read through all your posts. I am a little impatient now. Everyone with similar timeline please share your information/experience with me!
App sent Aug 20
Received Aug 25
Email Confirmation received: Nov 5
Nothing else received up to now. NO ECAS!!! Do you think it is normal? Anyone in the same timeline has access to ECAS?
Thank you for your sharing!
Welcome to the Thread AugCitiApp do stick and stay,
Don't worry you are not alone, there are quiet a few email AOR recipients and, non has heard anything else from CIC to date.

This does not mean though that your file is not being worked on, instead, all the work seems to be happening in the background.
An important point to also note is that: once you've received an AOR via email or regular mail, then it is safe to say that your file isn't just sitting around somewhere, but most likely in process.

Hope this helps