+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

CAPR

Sep 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Curious2010 said:
Yes. I am from July applicant with same status. got email AOR but no Ecas. its been 2 months i got email but no Ecas.
did you submit job documents with your application? and did you travel US in last 3 years?
Yes Curious, I did submitted my job experience letter, paystubs, CRA tax related docs. I did traveled to US atleast 5 times in the last 3 years though it was not more than 5 days each time. Does that playing any role in delaying the process ?

Curious2010

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Med's Request
21-04-2010
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
10-06-2011
not sure.. same here, i went US for 5 times with short duration :)
Also, I forgot to add job records like : Job letter, T4 & Tax returns ect. but sent them with a cover letter once i got the email AOR (they didn't ask me for those but, still i sent them referring with UCI #).

waiting now.. hope for the best

CAPR

Sep 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ottawaResident said:
I completely agree with this as well.
Even during my PR days, some folks had applied around my time, but I got everything via email. They got got everything by regular mail. I was chosen for the pilot program in Ottawa, and was applicant # 4 in line for that pilot program. PR was done in 3 months.
Let's hope we get our citizenship applications gets processed quicker as well as you got your PR in 3 months.

CAPR

Sep 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dav3000 said:
If I remember correctly, the email that was sent with the AoR, had a link to the discover Canada book. Also, I think those with email AoRs don't necessarily need the physical copy of the book and AoR. Therefore, the next step may be test dates. Remember they are trying to speed up the application process.
Yes this is correct as I just got that confirmed from CIC agent. People who got link to discover canada book in their AOR email will not get a hard copy but their applications are in process though it doesn't show on CIC website. That's what I got from CIC agent.

hehemie2

Aug 4, 2011
CAPR said:
Yes Curious, I did submitted my job experience letter, paystubs, CRA tax related docs. I did traveled to US atleast 5 times in the last 3 years though it was not more than 5 days each time. Does that playing any role in delaying the process ?
No. My spouse went to US lots of times but she got ecas not email.

CAPR

Sep 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hehemie2 said:
No. My spouse went to US lots of times but she got ecas not email.
Agree, it shouldn't be affecting. may be few people going through pilot program process.. not sure.

Because CIC agent is telling if you have got an email on AOR then that means it is being processed and don't expect any hardcopy letters or booklet on discover canada

CAPR

Sep 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaiTORONTO said:
What about NO email and NO mail AOR but only update on ecas - In Process.

Is this common ??
May be your hardcopy is on the way to you

jaiTORONTO

Oct 3, 2014
May be u r right... but if they send it on August 25 then more then 2 months...

e-cas update:

In Process:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 25, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 25, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 28, 2014.

.....lets hope for the best......

CAPR

Sep 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaiTORONTO said:

e-cas update:

In Process:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 25, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 25, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 28, 2014.

.....lets hope for the best......
I believe they would have sent it after October 28 which is when they actually started processing

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
jaiTORONTO said:
Give another ~two weeks time to receive the book in mail.

patientdog said:
Hey guys, has anyone received test invite from CIC?
May/June applicants are receiving test invites as of now. Expected to take another month or more for us.

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
Donvalley said:
yano4ka,
I am still to see any reliable case of lost applications, delivery confirmed to CPC Sydney. The only possibility of missing, (if any) is on return of post in case of application not accepted/incomplete. If you don't see any chance of return, don't worry too much about it.
My guess is, they are working on remaining August applications currently and will see some updates by this Fri/Saturday (post dated to Tuesday!).
Thank you Donvalley, I hope I just have to wait a little bit longer.
We checked and rechecked our applications many time, so I hope the officer finds them sufficient and wouldn't sends them back to us.

gatormei

Nov 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went to states a lot in the past 5 years. Basically 3 times per year. I was in my home country for 2 months in 2011. I got E cas, in progress on October 11. Travelling to states should not be the problem.

CAPR said:

CAPR

Sep 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gatormei said:
I went to states a lot in the past 5 years. Basically 3 times per year. I was in my home country for 2 months in 2011. I got E cas, in progress on October 11. Travelling to states should not be the problem.
I believe that's the case gatormei.. Thanks for the additional data point