+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

nervousCat

Nov 8, 2014
HashB said:
Sure, I'll post the reply I'll get for my case specific inquiry. I have already posted about the discussion with call center agent. hopefully, we just have to send the letter stating to continue with the full name. I have already prepared the letter and going to send it tomorrow even if i dont receive the case specific reply by tomorrow.
I actually have an update about my case. Today an agent called me to ask if I have any proof of the truncated name, and I told her it was a mistake, and she said she would make a note on my file and proceed without that truncation business. It doesn't look like they're stalling the application...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
yano4ka said:
Not the case for me. They only had my old address on file, the one I lived at when I applied for PR. So no one touched my file since August.
Is there a way to check if the file is on some officer's desk or it was lost forever ????
Same was with me when I called CIC last week (before I got my AOR email). They had info of my PR file; nothing was updated from my citizenship application.

I think you still shouldn't worry too much. Keep calling them twice a week.

HashB

Oct 28, 2014
nervousCat said:
I actually have an update about my case. Today an agent called me to ask if I have any proof of the truncated name, and I told her it was a mistake, and she said she would make a note on my file and proceed without that truncation business. It doesn't look like they're stalling the application...
this is good. atleast they called you directly and resolved the conflict immediately. I sent the letter today so hopefully they'll resume working on the application. got delayed by 2 weeks atleast. Anyways, good to know that it's not that big of an issue. keep posted if anything else comes up around this issue. i'll do same. thanks much!

west2east

Jul 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question my Augustinian applicants.

Before I submitted my application mid August, I renewed my passport sometime in June 2014 though my old passport (which covers the 4 year period and which I attached on my application) was not expiring until first week of September 2014.

I received my new passport already, do I have to send the bio page copy of the new passport to CIC using the case specific enquiry? or should I just wait until the test and interview?

Thanks in advance.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
west2east said:
I have a question my Augustinian applicants.

Before I submitted my application mid August, I renewed my passport sometime in June 2014 though my old passport (which covers the 4 year period and which I attached on my application) was not expiring until first week of September 2014.

I received my new passport already, do I have to send the bio page copy of the new passport to CIC using the case specific enquiry? or should I just wait until the test and interview?

Thanks in advance.
You possible could not have in possession of two valid passports at the time of application.

Did you receive the (or issue date of the ) new passport before the application date? In that case you should have provided the bio-page of new passport as well.
If the issue date of the new passport is after the application date I believe no need to send the new passport info.

west2east

Jul 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumbu.bumbu said:
You possible could not have in possession of two valid passports at the time of application.

Did you receive the (or issue date of the ) new passport before the application date? In that case you should have provided the bio-page of new passport as well.
If the issue date of the new passport is after the application date I believe no need to send the new passport info.

I was not in possession of two valid passports at the time of application as I did not received the new passport before application date.

I received my new passport sometime in mid-September 2014 and did not bother to check the info until recently. The date of issuance (August 08) of my new passport is before my application date (August 13). So I am thinking that I have to send it after the fact.

Thanks kumbu.bumbu.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumbu.bumbu said:

I had 2 valid passports at the time of the application... Nothing is wrong with that ;)

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
Rossei said:
Same was with me when I called CIC last week (before I got my AOR email). They had info of my PR file; nothing was updated from my citizenship application.

I think you still shouldn't worry too much. Keep calling them twice a week.
Thank you Rossei.
I'll call them again later this week.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
yano4ka said:
Not the case for me. They only had my old address on file, the one I lived at when I applied for PR. So no one touched my file since August.
Is there a way to check if the file is on some officer's desk or it was lost forever ????
yano4ka,
I am still to see any reliable case of lost applications, delivery confirmed to CPC Sydney. The only possibility of missing, (if any) is on return of post in case of application not accepted/incomplete. If you don't see any chance of return, don't worry too much about it.
My guess is, they are working on remaining August applications currently and will see some updates by this Fri/Saturday (post dated to Tuesday!).

CAPR

Sep 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

CIC received my application on Aug 6 and I got the AOR on Oct 14 and it's been almost a month but I still don't see any updates on ECAS. Anyone still in this situation and any comments would be helpful...

Thanks

Curious2010

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Med's Request
21-04-2010
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
10-06-2011
Yes. I am from July applicant with same status. got email AOR but no Ecas. its been 2 months i got email but no Ecas.
did you submit job documents with your application? and did you travel US in last 3 years?

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Curious2010 said:
Yes. I am from July applicant with same status. got email AOR but no Ecas. its been 2 months i got email but no Ecas.
did you submit job documents with your application? and did you travel US in last 3 years?
If I remember correctly, the email that was sent with the AoR, had a link to the discover Canada book. Also, I think those with email AoRs don't necessarily need the physical copy of the book and AoR. Therefore, the next step may be test dates. Remember they are trying to speed up the application process.

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
dav3000 said:
If I remember correctly, the email that was sent with the AoR, had a link to the discover Canada book. Also, I think those with email AoRs don't necessarily need the physical copy of the book and AoR. Therefore, the next step may be test dates. Remember they are trying to speed up the application process.
I completely agree with this as well.
Even during my PR days, some folks had applied around my time, but I got everything via email. They got got everything by regular mail. I was chosen for the pilot program in Ottawa, and was applicant # 4 in line for that pilot program. PR was done in 3 months.

mimina82

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/28/2014
AOR Received.
10/29/2014
File Transfer...
01/09/2015 (line later disappeared from ecas)
Interview........
03/27/2015
CAPR said:
Hi,

CIC received my application on Aug 6 and I got the AOR on Oct 14 and it's been almost a month but I still don't see any updates on ECAS. Anyone still in this situation and any comments would be helpful...

Thanks

Same here, I got an AOR on Oct27, not yet the month but no ecas. keeping positive as I see other apps are moving along!