+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
yr97 said:
Yes. They probably sent the AOR on the day they started processing the application not on the day of receipt like they claim. So sit tight :)
On a side note, it's pretty weird that some applicants like myself from july (and even from june) went through the "new routine", i.e AOR by email, no eCAS and application no C000XXXXXX while others in August still go through the old process. I wonder if it's random.
yeah, i still don't understand how CIC work on all applications. i did't get any emails.. :)

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
gatormei said:
It is normal that you have not received your AOR and book.
Most people haven't yet. Only one in August received.
Thank you so much for your reply Gatormei. hopefully we will get it soon!

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hello guys ,

What I have understood is that the early August applicants are getting e-cas status and no email AOR ,however the later ones are getting email AOR ones with no e-cas. Should we assume that all the later applicants i.e. September , October etc will receive email AORs only ?

Vancouver2014

Mar 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just checked my ecas and the received line is gone. Does anyone knows why it's gone and what happen to my papers?

Thank you !!! Good luck to us August applicant.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Yes. They probably sent the AOR on the day they started processing the application not on the day of receipt like they claim. So sit tight :)
On a side note, it's pretty weird that some applicants like myself from july (and even from june) went through the "new routine", i.e AOR by email, no eCAS and application no C000XXXXXX while others in August still go through the old process. I wonder if it's random.
Are there 2 different processes? I only got e-CAS and nothing else so far.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
Hello guys ,

What I have understood is that the early August applicants are getting e-cas status and no email AOR ,however the later ones are getting email AOR ones with no e-cas. Should we assume that all the later applicants i.e. September , October etc will receive email AORs only ?
My application was received on Aug 18th and I only got e-CAS

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Agreed

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vancouver2014 said:
I just checked my ecas and the received line is gone. Does anyone knows why it's gone and what happen to my papers?

Thank you !!! Good luck to us August applicant.
Vancouver2014,

Congrats on your update, I believe the papers are safe, they probably just got forwarded on to the next stage of the process, Cic Just has not implemented a way to document this part of the process on ecas as yet.
However,
Based on earlier posts in other threads, this may be an indication that your file has been forwarded to your local office.
So fingers crossed next step for you should be test invite.
P.s It will be interesting to see how quickly this happens since new powers have been given to Processing Officers.
Hold tight I think you have some good news coming, being in Vancouver puts you in a good position for quicker processing

Vancouver2014

Mar 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks latititudeofgratitude !!! I wish you good luck :)

It looks like my local office will be Surrey, since I live in Port Coquitlam. My friend applied this March 2014 was invited for test in November 2014 (finger print was also requested for her husband), and she lives in Port Coquitlam as well. Hopefully everything goes well. I am hoping that more August applicants gets AOR soon.

mimina82

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/28/2014
AOR Received.
10/29/2014
File Transfer...
01/09/2015 (line later disappeared from ecas)
Interview........
03/27/2015
Hi Everyone, first congratulations to those who received an email notification recently!!

I received that notification yesterday and today I am trying to check my ecas so I can update my contact information. (for some odd reason they emailed it to the lawyer I did my residency application with even though I did not mention her at all on my citenzenship application and put only myself as a contact.... ) ....but I am not able to access the ecas online. Is this the case for you guys as well? where you got the email and application number but you cant access your application online yet?
please let me know! thanks!

Maple_Star

Jul 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tried to access the Datasheet (google file). Message says "the file may have been trashed. Please sign in to make a copy'. Not shure if it is a virus or some kind of alert. Anybody experienced the same?

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
mimina82 said:
Hi Everyone, first congratulations to those who received an email notification recently!!

I received that notification yesterday and today I am trying to check my ecas so I can update my contact information. (for some odd reason they emailed it to the lawyer I did my residency application with even though I did not mention her at all on my citenzenship application and put only myself as a contact.... ) ....but I am not able to access the ecas online. Is this the case for you guys as well? where you got the email and application number but you cant access your application online yet?
please let me know! thanks!
Beginning the new process model implementation last month, those who get an email AOR, (application no.s starting C000****) don't have their cases updated in E-cas or no other info update even though applications are moving. Don't be surprised by, if the next letter you receive is invitation for test. No one knows for sure; E-cas may be updated or not at a later stage as this is something recently introduced.

mimina82

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/28/2014
AOR Received.
10/29/2014
File Transfer...
01/09/2015 (line later disappeared from ecas)
Interview........
03/27/2015
Donvalley said:
Beginning the new process model implementation last month, those who get an email AOR, (application no.s starting C000****) don't have their cases updated in E-cas or no other info update even though applications are moving. Don't be surprised by, if the next letter you receive is invitation for test. No one knows for sure; E-cas may be updated or not at a later stage as this is something recently introduced.

Thanks for the response!!! that would be a great surprise actually lol i better hit the books then and be ready for the knowledge test :D

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Maple_Star said:
Tried to access the Datasheet (google file). Message says "the file may have been trashed. Please sign in to make a copy'. Not shure if it is a virus or some kind of alert. Anybody experienced the same?
The gentleman who created and maintained it voluntarily want get rid of it now. So he is asking any one to make a copy and upload to cloud and maintain it. May be due to the fact that people screw it up regularly and became a pain in the ass maintaining it.
I hope some one among us with IT background may come forward to help maintain this GPS to sail the citizenship journey.

kelshaer said:
Sorry guys and gals.
Below is the link of 2014 Applicants sheet. Someone please to download it and upload it to the cloud. I will be deleting it by the end of Tuesday 28 October 2014.
Please accept my apologies and wish you all good luck

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qemfuxq5xczq7ez/Citizenship%20Applications%202014.xlsx?dl=0

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mimina82 said:

... (for some odd reason they emailed it to the lawyer I did my residency application with even though I did not mention her at all on my citenzenship application and put only myself as a contact.... ) .......
Might be an oversight/error by the agent processed your case. It is better you contact CIC and correct it, if you don't like your messages going to the lawyer again. A case specific inquiry or fax/letter with your application no. will be fine.