+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

Vancouver2014

Mar 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ecas is now activated. I mailed my application August 28, 2014. Good luck with the August applicants :)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 29, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 29, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 20, 2014.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vancouver2014 said:
My ecas is now activated. I mailed my application August 28, 2014. Good luck with the August applicants :)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 29, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 29, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Congrats !!

west2east

Jul 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

It has been a long time since I log back in here. Glad to see there's a thread for all August 2014 applicants and I would like to join the conversation.

Here's my timeline.

Application Sent: August 12, 2014
Application Received: August 13, 2014

No email, no mail yet whether CIC has started processing my application. I checked the CAS using my PR card as the client ID and nothing yet.

Should I be worried? Thanks.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
What's a good news and birthday present?
I just got an email today going checkout my e-case now!!!

This confirms that your application for Canadian Citizenship has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/08/28.

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats and happy birthday alexdive!

west2east, you should not worry. There are July applicants that still haven't received AOR. July 25 is the official date; any application received more recent is a bonus, nothing to make you worried.

west2east

Jul 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slm.tbt said:
Congrats and happy birthday alexdive!

west2east, you should not worry. There are July applicants that still haven't received AOR. July 25 is the official date; any application received more recent is a bonus, nothing to make you worried.
Thanks a lot slm.tbt!

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zumba369 said:
Hi jrjayl,

Did you receive an AOR via mail after receiving the email AOR? Is your ECAS updated? How long it took after the email?

Thanks,
If you receive the email AOR you won't get anything via mail. And so far, I'm not aware of any email AOR recipient who has access to eCas (including myself)..

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
yr97 said:
If you receive the email AOR you won't get anything via mail. And so far, I'm not aware of any email AOR recipient who has access to eCas (including myself)..
Thank you yr97

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vancouver2014 said:

Congrats Vancouver2014 we have the same timeline

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
alexdive said:
What's a good news and birthday present?
I just got an email today going checkout my e-case now!!!

This confirms that your application for Canadian Citizenship has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/08/28.
Congrats man. Here I am from early August still waiting to hear something. Nothing's been returned so I think that should be a positive thing.

Keep checking my eCas but nothing there either. There was a problem back in my PR days as well. My country of citizenship is different than my country of birth. Yet on eCas, I would always have to enter my country of citizenship, instead of country of birth. Weird...I know.

I've tried both ways but nothing shows up.

I'm entering client ID as xxxx-xxxx, i.e. with the dash in the middle.

Fingers crossed!

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
ottawaResident said:
Congrats man. Here I am from early August still waiting to hear something. Nothing's been returned so I think that should be a positive thing.

Keep checking my eCas but nothing there either. There was a problem back in my PR days as well. My country of citizenship is different than my country of birth. Yet on eCas, I would always have to enter my country of citizenship, instead of country of birth. Weird...I know.

I've tried both ways but nothing shows up.

I'm entering client ID as xxxx-xxxx, i.e. with the dash in the middle.

Fingers crossed!
Enter your client ID with or without dash, or your PR number (PA...), etc. Either will work. Either works. If you can't check your status with either yet, it means your file is not yet opened.

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
This is pretty inconsistent that some of the Aug applicants are receiving updates via e-cas while others are receiving emails.
Not sure if it is officer dependent than the one being driven by process!

Anyone having any insights on this one?

Did any of the Aug applicants received 'Disciver Canada' book by mail?