+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, Wish me good luck :)

Application for myself and wife sent through Canada Post Express with signature.

Hopeful to be delivered by Wednesday morning.

I thought I could send it last month by July but got late by a week. Sorry Empirical Scientist (ES)

How do you think the changes made because of Bill C-24 on August 1st would play in favour or against the new applicants?

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
thepolestar said:

Application for myself and wife sent through Canada Post Express with signature.

I thought I could send it last month by July but got late by a week. Sorry Empirical Scientist (ES)

How do you think the changes made because of Bill C-24 on August 1st would play in favour or against the new applicants?
Good luck man!

Doesn't seem like there are many August applicants yet! It's already 1/3rd into August and I only see a handful of people.

As for your question, I'm hopeful. Who knows maybe our applications will be the first ones to be handled from start to finish by one CIC officer. It won't be going through a judge. I'm thinking that we will get an AOR within 1.5 months from the day the application is received at CIC. My app was received on Aug 8, so I'm hoping ;D by Sept 20, I will hear something.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
thepolestar said:

Good luck! (If it were up to me, I'd grant everyone citizenship smoothly...)

vivek901

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
App. Filed.......
28-01-2002
Doc's Request.
19-11-2007
Med's Request
14-04-2008
Med's Done....
24-05-2008
Passport Req..
21-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2009
Hello Every One,

I am an applicant from Ajax. Sent my application on August 1st through Purolator and it was received by CIC on August 5th. I applied with 1105 days of residency..Good Luck to everyone

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ottawaResident said:
Good luck man!

Doesn't seem like there are many August applicants yet! It's already 1/3rd into August and I only see a handful of people.

As for your question, I'm hopeful. Who knows maybe our applications will be the first ones to be handled from start to finish by one CIC officer. It won't be going through a judge. I'm thinking that we will get an AOR within 1.5 months from the day the application is received at CIC. My app was received on Aug 8, so I'm hoping ;D by Sept 20, I will hear something.
Thank you OR & ES.

Just checked the Canada Post online and file received today.

As with everyone the waiting game begins.

With regards to the process my feeling is that not much change in respect of process but the timeline should be shorter from others. I think the process for checking and verifying the contents of the application remains same. CIC officers were checking the file earlier and even now, only the process in case of positive outcomes are not required to to the Judge anymore.

Only if the application has to be denied on residency clause the file would be sent to the citizenship judge.

Waiting is the hardest part at least until you get confirmation.

Good luck to everyone who are in process of applying. My suggestion is to do it fast. I have a hunch with the change in process the change in the form seems very real possibility.

:) :)

NigerianCanadian

Aug 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I had a pretty speedy PR process as well - about 7.5 months. I've been in Canada for 10 years exactly this August. I have been a student the whole time - high school, university, master's degree, law school. I guess I'd be considered a more routine applicant.

Let's hope its the same for this citizenship application. Although I stupidly forgot to add in my old and expired 2010 passport biographical page. I mailed that today by itself with an apologetic cover letter :).

Citizenship:
Date Sent => 05-AUG-2014
Date Received => 11-AUG-2014
Processing Started =>
eCAS updated =>
AOR in Mailbox =>
Rcvd Line disappeared =>
Test Date =>
Oath Date =>

virgiemaricel

Jul 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2005
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
19-10-2010/ sent to CEM on 4-11-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
Hi everyone! Hoping to send our family application on August 15. I've 1115 days of residency (77 days already subtracted because of US vacation).

I have a few questions though that hopefully you can answer to enlighten me.

1. Regarding Subsection 6 F on the application form for adults, do we have to provide photocopies of work records also? It's written there that "you must provide photocopies of your work and/or education records." However, it also says to refer to Step 1 Gather Documents. It's not written that we have to provide work records, but to provide education records. This is why I'm confused.

2. My eldest is an incoming Jr Kindergarten student this September. Since my goal is to submit our application this week, my son is exempted from submitting school records. So it's right to put a check mark that he is not of school age (knowing that he'll be in school 2 weeks from now)? This question can be found at the Subsection 6 G on the application form for adults.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I sent my application yesterday (11-Aug-2014) via Canada Post. It was due 3~4 months back though.:D

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was delivered to Case Processing in Sydney NS, on August 11.

We have a long time to wait, let's hope it passes quickly...

BTW, how about keeping our timelines in a shared spreadsheet?

Maple_Star

Jul 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application (self and family) was received by Sidney on 11th August. Guess we the August bunch will be keeping company for the next few months. Positive vibes to all.

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, the August club is growing fast. ;) good luck to all

If I am not wrong, there is a spread sheet that is already there for all the applicants in 2014.

Can someone send the link, so that we all can fill in our details?

Maple_Star

Jul 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a common worksheet with key milestone details.

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqi6FPDNYK_xdGplaHhxWFhVQkxFTjB5LUZ2anU2clE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maple_Star said:
There is a common worksheet with key milestone details.

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqi6FPDNYK_xdGplaHhxWFhVQkxFTjB5LUZ2anU2clE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
Thanks Maple_Star. It seems like we should just chill at least for two months before checking E-CAS.

Good luck everyone :)

Ronaldo Da Lima 89

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Hello Augustians,

I've just called CIC. I was told that now it takes 8-10 weeks for CIC to open files.

So we will not hear anything before October.

P.S.: I dont trust what they actually tell me. I got my PR in 6 months and CIC agents were telling me that it will take at least one year :)

ottawaResident

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
21-OCT-11
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
21-OCT-11
Med's Request
21-OCT-11
Med's Done....
27-OCT-11
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
7-DEC-2011
VISA ISSUED...
3-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
Ronaldo Da Lima 89 said:
Hello Augustians,

I've just called CIC. I was told that now it takes 8-10 weeks for CIC to open files.

So we will not hear anything before October.

P.S.: I dont trust what they actually tell me. I got my PR in 6 months and CIC agents were telling me that it will take at least one year :)
Same here lol. It took me 3 Months and they said 15 months.