+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
katester said:
I certainly hope so, but I am writing to them and giving them supporting documents to prove that we have money saved and that I have certificates that I can use to get a job.

Can anyone give me feedback on this? What I have written so far is the following:

I am writing this letter and attaching documents showing proof of funds and intent at your request. I am confident you will see that my husband, ____ (sponsor) and I, ___ (applicant) not only have a sufficient amount of money saved to use in the future, but that we are both honest and hardworking individuals who will not have to rely on Social Assistance. The first attached documents, Document Group A, includes financial statements from all of our bank accounts proving that we currently have over $16,000 saved up to use to support me once my permanent residency status is approved. The following supporting documents prove that Tyler and I have plans to budget and save our earnings to be used to support me until I obtain a job in Canada after being approved for permanent residency.

Until my permanent resident status is approved I will continue to work full time for _____________.Document Group C contains a signed statement from my mother stating that I live with my parents rent-free and that all my expenses are paid, for including my car which is paid in full. I have lived on my own and paid for all my own bills in the past without ever having to rely on Social Assistance. I am currently living with my parents again so I can save money for my future in Canada. Document Group C is my 2013 Tax record, current paystubs and resume with contact information proving that I have been working and plan to work until my permanent residency is approved. My current paystubs show that I have a steady income to add to our savings account, it also shows that I am paying for my own health insurance offered through my employer. My 2013 Tax statement and resume reflect the 7.5 months that I worked during that year. The other 4.5 months I took time off to travel to Vancouver Island, B.C. to meet and visit Tyler's family. In that time Tyler supported me and neither of us relied upon Social Assistance. Document Group C also contains a letter from my current employer stating that I am in good standing with the company, further proving that I will continue to work until I can be reunited with my husband, Tyler. Until that time, all of my future income will be added to my savings account and joint bank accounts to be used to help support myself in Canada until I can obtain employment upon relocating.

I have a strong work ethic; I am ready and willing to work hard. I have completed several courses and earned certificates that can be used in obtaining a job in Canada. I have earned a certificate as Certified Nurse Assistant, Home Health Aide as well as completed courses for Medication Administration and Nursing Home Transition/Diversion programs. I have a lot of hands on work experience since I have worked in the medical field since 2009. I have worked with mentally disabled adults in a group home setting as well as with elderly with dementia and other health issues. I hope to one day attend a university to become a Registered Nurse so I can further utilize my skills. I enjoy working one on one with patients and helping them with personal care and their activities of daily living. I am passionate about helping others and plan to obtain a job in Canada as soon as her permanent residency status is approved. I have already been in communication with several group home agencies and in home care agencies in Ontario. Document Group D shows the certificates that I have earned that I will use in obtaining future employment, proving that I am willing to work hard and have absolutely no plans of relying on Social Assistance.

As you can see, both Tyler and I have strong work ethics and the motivation to proceed toward our intended career paths. We both have studied hard for achievements and certificates and have successfully maintained positions utilizing our credentials. Neither Tyler nor I have had to rely on Social Assistance and neither of us plans to. Tyler has his career path planned out as being a member of The Canadian Armed Forces. I have worked hands- on in my field of interest for over 4 years. Both Tyler and I are experienced in our respective lines of work. We have budgets in place for when my permanent residency is approved to support ourselves while I look for a job. Neither Tyler nor I plan to place a burden on the government; we simply wish to live together as husband and wife.

Thank you for your time and careful consideration of my application for permanent residency. Please let me know if you are in need of any further substantiating documentation. I anxiously await your decision.
Is this the way canada treats its soldiers ? their respect towards them in national anthem is mere words. It is shame that soldier of a developed nation's salary not enough to maintain family.

katester

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
March 4 & April 9, 2014
File Transfer...
September 12, 2013
Med's Done....
June 4, 2013 extended until May1, 2015!!!
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 6,2014!!
LANDED..........
April 2,2015
ramkris said:
Is this the way canada treats its soldiers ? their respect towards them in national anthem is mere words. It is shame that soldier of a developed nation's salary not enough to maintain family.
I couldn't agree more! I am baffled by their thoughts that we will go on welfare once I am allowed to live in Canada.

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
:::sigh::: now some of the US applicants going thru Ottawa from October are getting their PPR.

Certainly happy for them but at the same time it's like WTF CIC.. there are some August peeps who are still waiting for any news and when I inquire it's the whole "15 month.." response. Just irritating that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to their format and impossible to get a true status update. Last time they responded they said my app was in queue to be reviewed. Well, since they already asked me to provide proof of income and pay stubs hasn't it already been reviewed by someone to have those documents requested? Why does it take so long from when I sent the required documents, which they received in early March, to continue to process my application?

Just venting frustration here. I'm about at the point I'm gonna quit my job here in St Petersburg and just move up to Halifax so I can be with my husband. If we have to live off one income for awhile so be it, just so long as I'm with him. Tired of the long distance relationship and frustrated with this system. I know Canada is cool on same-sex couples, but sometimes I wonder if we somehow wound up with someone who personally doesn't care for that situation and has the option to shuffle us to the back of the line. Who knows.. Again sorry for this rant, just needed to vent. We make a joke sometimes that if we didn't have bad luck we would have no luck at all. lol

aism.abbas

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
Florida Bear said:
:::sigh::: now some of the US applicants going thru Ottawa from October are getting their PPR.

Certainly happy for them but at the same time it's like WTF CIC.. there are some August peeps who are still waiting for any news and when I inquire it's the whole "15 month.." response. Just irritating that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to their format and impossible to get a true status update. Last time they responded they said my app was in queue to be reviewed. Well, since they already asked me to provide proof of income and pay stubs hasn't it already been reviewed by someone to have those documents requested? Why does it take so long from when I sent the required documents, which they received in early March, to continue to process my application?

Just venting frustration here. I'm about at the point I'm gonna quit my job here in St Petersburg and just move up to Halifax so I can be with my husband. If we have to live off one income for awhile so be it, just so long as I'm with him. Tired of the long distance relationship and frustrated with this system. I know Canada is cool on same-sex couples, but sometimes I wonder if we somehow wound up with someone who personally doesn't care for that situation and has the option to shuffle us to the back of the line. Who knows.. Again sorry for this rant, just needed to vent. We make a joke sometimes that if we didn't have bad luck we would have no luck at all. lol

Florida bear it not just Ottawa Visa office even here in Abu Dhabi office october and november applicant are receiving their PR request but august is still quiet

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
Florida Bear said:

Quick question, how long did CIC give you to supply additional info?
From what I understand, when anything requested a " bring forward date" is attached to application that coincides with date allowed to send in requests.
Application will be revisited, so if they give you 60 days to send in.App will be revisited after the 60 days.

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
Step said:
Quick question, how long did CIC give you to supply additional info?
From what I understand, when anything requested a " bring forward date" is attached to application that coincides with date allowed to send in requests.
Application will be revisited, so if they give you 60 days to send in.App will be revisited after the 60 days.
It says basically if the info isn't received in 60 days of the date on the letter then it could result in refusal of my application. The date on the letter was Feb 28th.

Thanks for that info on the "bring forward" portion as I wasn't aware of that. Just figured since CIC had what they requested they would proceed. Maybe the PPR's are handled differently as i have read that folks sent those in and the next week or two CoPR was issued. (shrug)

Brightside is I can relax until next week.. lol 8)

saintsim1

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2013
Doc's Request.
04-16-2014
AOR Received.
10-29-2013
File Transfer...
10-29-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-21-2014
LANDED..........
Florida Bear said:
It says basically if the info isn't received in 60 days of the date on the letter then it could result in refusal of my application. The date on the letter was Feb 28th.

Thanks for that info on the "bring forward" portion as I wasn't aware of that. Just figured since CIC had what they requested they would proceed. Maybe the PPR's are handled differently as i have read that folks sent those in and the next week or two CoPR was issued. (shrug)

Did you have a scanned copy of you passport included in the application? I read cases here where people just receive COPR in the mail without any PPR. Did your ecas get updated at all?

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
saintsim1 said:
Did you have a scanned copy of you passport included in the application? I read cases here where people just receive COPR in the mail without any PPR. Did your ecas get updated at all?
Yeah I sent a copy with the application. I read that as well with some folks just getting the CoPR but then others having to send another copy of their passport, I guess in case there were any changes. Probably depends on who you have processing the application.

I do rush home every day to check the mail like the kid in "A Christmas Story" waiting for his decoder ring. lol :D

aj~

Star Member
Oct 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2013
AOR Received.
21/08/2013
File Transfer...
30/08/2013
Med's Done....
19/04/2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17/04/2014
LANDED..........
07/05/2014
My COPR has arrived today if someone could do the honours with the spreadsheet (issued April 17th). :D An amazing feeling, one of the best days of my life.

I've said this already in the London Office thread but thank you to everyone who has helped and given their support along the way. I would never have got to this point without the help of the people on this forum.

drewday

Champion Member
May 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aj~ said:
My COPR has arrived today if someone could do the honours with the spreadsheet. :D An amazing feeling, one of the best days of my life.

I've said this already in the London Office thread but thank you to everyone who has helped and given their support along the way. I would never have got to this point without the help of the people on this forum.
congrats!!! :p :p

Florida Bear

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
09-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014
aj~ said:
My COPR has arrived today if someone could do the honours with the spreadsheet (issued April 17th). :D An amazing feeling, one of the best days of my life.

Congrats!!!! That's fantastic!!! :D :D :D

beth73

Sep 28, 2013
hello forum mates its a happy day got an email from CEM my PPR and appendix A
NBI and my husbands divorce paper.

August 2, 2013 AOR
August 28, 2013 SA
June 3, 2013 Medical

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
beth73 said:

August 2, 2013 AOR
August 28, 2013 SA
June 3, 2013 Medical
Congrats, Great news.
Finally movement on CEM applications for August.

joshrara4413

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
17-10-2013
Med's Done....
09-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
beth73 said:

August 2, 2013 AOR
August 28, 2013 SA
June 3, 2013 Medical
Congrats! We have the same timeline! I am super thrilled. My husband just got back home from his vacation here in the Philis. for our anniversary and we are really hoping that I can follow as soon as I can. :)

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
Florida Bear said:

Just to clarify, your application will be revisited on or before the 60 days.
The 60 days is the limit CIC can take for revisiting app.
I never worded first response very well.