+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2013 Citizenship Applications - Start to Finish

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
dear_pnp said:
Hey farrous13,

I completed my test. Test was super easy and scored 20/20 lol :p :p :p

Interview was quite simple and i got commented on my british accent hahaha...

Anyways, was told i should expect oath within 3 to 4 weeks and everything looks good for approval.

Dont know if weeks = months...How about? You had your test long time ago.

congratulations!!
What documents did you take with you to the interview? did you have to translate any of the stamps on your passport if any??
Thanks,

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsm_al said:
congratulations!!
What documents did you take with you to the interview? did you have to translate any of the stamps on your passport if any??
Thanks,
I took passport, pr card, landing paper, driver license, health card, copy of passport bio page, t4, test letter and pay slips.

I didn't end up translating any of the stamps, since they only ask if you are getting a RQ. And if you are indeed getting one, its already decided and you can get it done at that time. If you wont be getting one, then taking translation or not translation doesn't matter. Save your cash. :p :p :p :p :p

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
dear_pnp said:
I took passport, pr card, landing paper, driver license, health card, copy of passport bio page, t4, test letter and pay slips.

I didn't end up translating any of the stamps, since they only ask if you are getting a RQ. And if you are indeed getting one, its already decided and you can get it done at that time. If you wont be getting one, then taking translation or not translation doesn't matter. Save your cash. :p :p :p :p :p
Ok. So basically you just translate when you are asked to do so. I have read some other posts that people translate the stamps even if wan't asked to do so.
Just to clarify, did you have any stamps that are not in English/French in your passport?

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsm_al said:
Ok. So basically you just translate when you are asked to do so. I have read some other posts that people translate the stamps even if wan't asked to do so.
Just to clarify, did you have any stamps that are not in English/French in your passport?
yes only translate when you are asked to do. some do it, but its of no use, just waste of money n time.

Yes i had non english and french stamps in my pp.

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
dear_pnp said:
yes only translate when you are asked to do. some do it, but its of no use, just waste of money n time.

Yes i had non english and french stamps in my pp.
Finally become Canadian citizen , good luck every body

m2013

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brown envelope with blue color letter in mailbox today, schedule test at STC 26 Aug,one more step to finished

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m2013 said:
brown envelope with blue color letter in mailbox today, schedule test at STC 26 Aug,one more step to finished
Yayyyy buddy! Finally eh. Not bad timing given you were RQ'ed.

Wish you luck, study well!

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good news, finally finally.....

Called call center, scheduled for oath Aug 8. Letter already sent out, no ecas update yet.

Good luckkkkkkkk!!!

m2013

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
Hey guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Good news, finally finally.....

Called call center, scheduled for oath Aug 8. Letter already sent out, no ecas update yet.

Good luckkkkkkkk!!!
great, from test to oath within 1 month

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m2013 said:
great, from test to oath within 1 month
Thanks bro. Yeah was quicker than I thought. But finally the wait is over, wish you good luck as well.

Flyeur75

Feb 1, 2014
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG-2013
AOR Received.
OCT-2013
File Transfer...
JUN-2014
Interview........
SEP-2014
Anyone from August 2013 still waiting?

Here is my timeline:

Application Received by CIC (Sydney): August 28, 2013
Letter of Acknowledgement: October 30, 2013
Fingerprint Request: June 6, 2014
Fingerprints Submitted to RCMP: June 12, 2014

As of yesterday (July 30, 2014), my fingerprints have been confirmed as received by CIC, call centre agent advised me that my file is simply waiting for citizenship test date at Mississauga office.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flyeur75 said:

Here is my timeline:

As of yesterday (July 30, 2014), my fingerprints have been confirmed as received by CIC, call centre agent advised me that my file is simply waiting for citizenship test date at Mississauga office.
ur case should be done within this year, i think.

m2013

Oct 18, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flyeur75 said:

Here is my timeline:

did you ask when your file transferred to local office,in my case , transferred to local office (STC) end of may-2014, get the test letter at July-2014