August 2013 Citizenship Applications - Start to Finish

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 22, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 22, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 21, 2013.

single - male 32 years 0 been here in canada over 1300 days . application from cornwall ontario .

how long should i wait for them to send me letter AOR

surething

Jan 6, 2014
Hello everyone and happy new year 2014 with the citizenship in sight :D

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 16, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 16, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 24, 2013.

Single, LOT Mississauga. I live in Timmins, ON. My application was filled out in French. Would anybody know if that makes a difference in how long it takes to take to complete the process?

irfan.khyam

Sep 5, 2013
If you get the RQ, do you see that in the ecas? My status still has the "Received" line which means that they have not yet started processing on our application???

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No you dont see that in the ecase.

well i wouldn't worry too much about seeing two lines....

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surething said:
Hello everyone and happy new year 2014 with the citizenship in sight :D

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 16, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 16, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 24, 2013.

Single, LOT Mississauga. I live in Timmins, ON. My application was filled out in French. Would anybody know if that makes a difference in how long it takes to take to complete the process?
Hey surething,

Do you know if your file has been transferred to the local office? and is it still Mississauga?

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope13 said:
Hi, I want to share my Timeline which is as follows:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 6, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 6, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 16, 2013.

We sent you a letter on December 6, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

****I have received the letter asking me to send the Transcripts for the online courses and Training that I did before I started working. ( This is for almost for an year. My question

Is this considered as an RQ?
If yes, are they asking me only for this?
If not, will I receive another RQ at later point.

I have searched most of the online forums but couldn't find anyone with similar situation. Guys please clarify my thoughts.

Regards.
Hi Hope13,

Do you know if the RQ was sent from Sydney or from the local office?

Whats your local office, where are you sending the requested documents to?

Thanks

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Today when I checked the ecas I saw my address added at the top it was not there before , I can still see both line receive and in-process

surething

Jan 6, 2014
dear_pnp said:
Hey surething,

Do you know if your file has been transferred to the local office? and is it still Mississauga?
They told me that they've sent the file to Mississauga because it was the local office although the test and citizenship ceremony takes place in Sudbury: this is a so called 'itinerant service' as there is no local office in Sudbury.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surething said:
They told me that they've sent the file to Mississauga because it was the local office although the test and citizenship ceremony takes place in Sudbury: this is a so called 'itinerant service' as there is no local office in Sudbury.
Hey All Augusters,

Any update on the application or info on file transfer yet? At least by now we should see file transfer eh

@surething:

Thats awesome!! Do you when was your file transferred to Mississauga? And they did say if your background checks have been completed? Also any clue on expected timeline for test date?

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
dear_pnp said:
Hey All Augusters,

Any update on the application or info on file transfer yet? At least by now we should see file transfer eh

@ surething:

Thats awesome!! Do you when was your file transferred to Mississauga? And they did say if your background checks have been completed? Also any clue on expected timeline for test date?
Did you see the address updated at ecas as well? , I am not sure what dose that mean

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saloo said:
Did you see the address updated at ecas as well? , I am not sure what dose that mean
Yes its an option to update the address for your convenience. Dont update the address unless you have to.

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Re: August 2013 Citizenship Applications - Start to Finishi

Hi millwoods..! Are you from Edmonton..?

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Actually, i'm from sherwood park.. I called cic couple of days ago to check hows my application going, but the agent said, that I need to wait for 6-11 months to transfer it to our local office.. (Edmonton)

I don't know if she's tellin the truth.. 6-11 months is such a long period of time..!