+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2011 applicants lets get the waiting game started :)

B

bdh

ya it's alot..lol We were surprised too when we sent it. All it says on ecas it verifies my address and mailing address and that our app is in process. I wouldn't rely on them sending you an email..many people don't even get one or if they do it takes them forever. I would call them and just ask again if it was sent out in the mail. I am still waiting for ours to come, I know my wasn't going to our email because I guess I didn't add it on my forms, my husband did though so they told me it is coming by mail.

What I want to know is why is it taking so long we only live an hour from sauga and it was mailed apparently Monday. Do you know if it comes from there or from another office?

B

bdh

Also what more info could they possibly want with sending that much weight, blood!!..lol

familyguy33

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Passport Req..
21-12-2011
Yeah that's a lot already. No I don't know in which office it will come from. If ur just an hour from sauga and it takes that long already. I'm thinking how long would mine get here considering I'm in BC. :eek:

B

bdh

Well I really hope we all hear some good news soon..more approvals needed..hopefully yours and mine are soon. I wish you guys the best of luck..keep me posted on how you are making out and we will do the same. ;D

yenyen

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
hi to all..

as a sponsor will you be able to check through eCas regarding the updates of your documents?
like for example your documents has been forwarded to your VO and they send the AOR or PPR to your sponsored person, will you be able to check that to the eCas account of the sponsor?

thanks

M

magpie

Sponsorship take from 2 weeks onwards depending on the completeness and simplicity of the application. What you see on ecas is no indication of anything except that that portion of the file is being worked on. It does not mean refusal or acceptance. You will see on there Decision Made when that part is completed and the results will be sent to you or you find out by phone.

If your address appears or disappears means nothing at all also. Do not take ecas as GOD. There is only one GOD. When you see medical received it only means that they received your medical and are working on the application. NOthing more.

Relax if you can. Find something to occupy yourself, things will happen. If your app is complete and proper supporting documents then normaly you should have nothing to worry about. Most of the rejects seem to come on the PR end and not the sponsorship unless you are a real boob and didn't fill in the sponsorship properly.

Ecas is not very accurate with respect to updates. Some people get notified by email and some by snail mail. Some don't even get a letter, so what. If the call centre informed you you have been approved good then you have been approved. If you have doubts about that information call again the next day and confirm. We never got any mail or email but my wife has her passport with visa and COPR. I don't need a letter. We have the visa and COPR and that is all that matters. We are dealing with the Government.

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
I hope Stage 2 goes smoothly and really fast for us, I miss my hubby and spending the X'mas holidays in the snowy weather alone is gonna be a torture for me!! =(

M

magpie

bdh said:
Also what more info could they possibly want with sending that much weight, blood!!..lol
Government is on cut back... they need toilet paper. They sent all our stuff back except for the legal documents. Must not have been soft enough paper to wipe with. LOL

M

magpie

Yes. The sponsor will be able to keep track of all the processes on ecas. You may get an AOR or not. Depends on the
VO. We didn't get one. We just got the PPR by email.

yenyen said:
hi to all..

as a sponsor will you be able to check through eCas regarding the updates of your documents?
like for example your documents has been forwarded to your VO and they send the AOR or PPR to your sponsored person, will you be able to check that to the eCas account of the sponsor?

thanks

M

magpie

Remember, the mailman has the Rockies to climb and he may not suceed. You may see your letter and you may not. We didn't get one at all and I am four hours away from Sauga. I guess my mailman got lost and is somewhere in the world scratching his head.

familyguy33 said:
Yeah that's a lot already. No I don't know in which office it will come from. If ur just an hour from sauga and it takes that long already. I'm thinking how long would mine get here considering I'm in BC. :eek:

B

bdh

magpie said:
Government is on cut back... they need toilet paper. They sent all our stuff back except for the legal documents. Must not have been soft enough paper to wipe with. LOL
@magpie

That is funny, but sad at the same time. I realize they have a lot of apps and stuff to deal with but seriously they really need to get a better system in place to ensure that all of us receives this on a fair time line.. we are just made to sit and wait and suffer.. it is truly not fair :( I am expecting this letter because a document is missing. I need to return it for our app to be finished for sponsorship and to have my husband come home..this to me is human brutality.

kannadiga

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2011
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012
LANDED..........
22-03-2012 (Insha Allah)
magpie said:
Sponsorship take from 2 weeks onwards depending on the completeness and simplicity of the application. What you see on ecas is no indication of anything except that that portion of the file is being worked on. It does not mean refusal or acceptance. You will see on there Decision Made when that part is completed and the results will be sent to you or you find out by phone.

If your address appears or disappears means nothing at all also. Do not take ecas as GOD. There is only one GOD. When you see medical received it only means that they received your medical and are working on the application. NOthing more.

Relax if you can. Find something to occupy yourself, things will happen. If your app is complete and proper supporting documents then normaly you should have nothing to worry about. Most of the rejects seem to come on the PR end and not the sponsorship unless you are a real boob and didn't fill in the sponsorship properly.

Ecas is not very accurate with respect to updates. Some people get notified by email and some by snail mail. Some don't even get a letter, so what. If the call centre informed you you have been approved good then you have been approved. If you have doubts about that information call again the next day and confirm. We never got any mail or email but my wife has her passport with visa and COPR. I don't need a letter. We have the visa and COPR and that is all that matters. We are dealing with the Government.
What is COPR?

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
Who is updating the information on ecas once the file has been sent to the VO in charge? Is it the outland office? And what does "medicals received" mean? THey received the medicals already in the very beginning, I thought the doctor is sending it directly to Mississauga?

reginac

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-aug-2011
Doc's Request.
29-dec-2011
AOR Received.
09-dec-2011
File Transfer...
02-nov-2011
Med's Done....
01-june-2011
magpie said:
This is so true, in my last application I got wrong info coming from the call centre, I think nobody can give you accurate info about your app but the immigration officer working on yours...I don't have anything else to do but wait... Good Luck to everyone and I hope we get PPR very soon.

M

magpie

kannadiga said:
What is COPR?
Confirmation of Permanent Residence to be completed at landing which is the last step to being permanent resident. You can still be refused entry into Canada when you land. I have not read or heard of a case that got refused but when you land in Canada you first go through Customs and they send you to Immigrations at the airport or border crossing. They then ask you questions about your application and sign the COPR and welcome you to Canada if they are satisfied with your answers. I guess you can call this a type of interview where Immigrations actually meets you before signing the form. As I said earlier this is not a step that should be feared. Customs officer have been trained to spot people through body language and the way a person talks. I guess that this is sort of the same thing. I think of it as two Customs check. One for the material things and the other for the human things.