+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2011 applicants lets get the waiting game started :)

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
Congrats Ryaff_Q im sooooo happy for you. ;D
I'll update the sheet.
Where will you be landing?
Can't wait to here how it goes now get off your computer and go start packing lol :)

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
Hahahahahaha nice one kuku but make sure its after the sponsor approval and file, medical all received :p

Just a bit baffled...my pr visa is valid till expiry of my passport...11.11.2015!!!! is that even possible..i thought till medical is expired which would be june 2012???? This vo continues to surprise me...Essex, will be landing in Vancouver!! Still undecided on my goods to accompany and goods to follow, gonna pack my santarina outfit only and everything else to follow so i'm good to go 8)

Newdelhi, i have no idea as well what helped but other than what kuku has said, i can only share what we included in our PR application, hope it helps future applicants:

1. Screenshots of phonebills
2. Screenshots of gmail chats
3. Screenshots of facebook comments
4. About 80 pics which includes wedding solemnisation, reception, honeymoon, holidays together to various places, every festive season in the year with family, relatives weddings, birthdays and pics of us two doing everything together i.e fly kite at beach, dinner, clubbing, karoeke :)P) roadtrips, on a rollercoaster, kayaking, caving, hiking, in a train, at airport lounge, just a wide variety
5. Letters from friends and family
6. BBM/skype history
7. Air tickets, boarding pass, concert stubs, movie stubs, theme park stubs, hotel receipts, greeting cards,
8. one page each that explains the development of the relationship from each point of view and why we love each other and exact moment we fell for each other
9. Medicals for me and my non accompanying kids with a letter why my kids are not accompanying now but i have the medicals to ensure i can if they decide in the future to become PR as my dependents
10. Police cert from all countries i have lived in more than 6 months since 18
11. My tax forms with his name as spouse, him listed as my spouse by my HR dept, local club membership
12. Proof of each other as beneficiaries,him as my retirement fund beneficiaries and me as his insurance and fund's
13. Payment upfront

It was a real pain in the *** to collect everything but it was worth it i guess. So tip would be submit everything requested upfront and in a wide variety of proof. Plan ahead and take the time to collect as much evidence before submitting. We decided on this journey while we were engaged and we had the chance of him coming over for the wedding and stayed for a bit for us to have all the above. And because I knew from this forum what was required from one year ago I saved everything and bagged them in one place to sort when we were ready to submit.

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
EDIT: wasnt my visa that is valid till passport expiry but the COPR...hate the picture though...taken during a stressfull runarounds of getting police checks and medical :'( :'( :'( stuck with it for 5 years and they include your weight!!!! Uwarghhhhhhhh

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
@Ryffa_Q

Well I believe thats a mistake by your VO. Usually the visa validity is your medical expiry date. But enjoy it , if they have given you a longer duration. ;D ;D

B

bdh

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS,, YESSSS , YESSSS YESSS YESSSSS
MY wife just called the call centre and package send to the VO and we are apprroved thank ALLAH (çok şükür)
we are so happyyyyyyyyy right now this is been forever and killing us:D but finallyyy we got aprroved thanks everyone for every comment and support and hopefullyy everyone can be together with their spouses soon

yessssssssssssssss essex0227 please finally change our status too::D

P.S how long does it take for the VO to get the package?

best wishes for everyone

newlife23

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th October 2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed with God's grace on 7/3/2012
Congrats bdh!!!! Wow, they sure are very quick and efficient!!! Package sent to VO and stamping of passport on the same day!!! I am impressed :)

B

bdh

newlife23 said:
Congrats bdh!!!! Wow, they sure are very quick and efficient!!! Package sent to VO and stamping of passport on the same day!!! I am impressed :)
@ newlife23

No I just called the call centre a few moments ago and they said to me that the app was approved for Sponsorship and that it was forwarded to the V.O. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding about the passport but we are just so happy we got our approval and now we are anxiously waiting to hear if my husband will be needing an interview or if it was waived :) Finally this stage is done and we can only hope for my husband's arrival home very soon!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
@bdh

Congrats so finally you got the approval...It was a long wait though..

Package is usually transferred to the visa office as soon as you are approved and the time period really depends on the visa office. Your VO might send you an AOR within few weeks and thats how you get the confirmation. But in many cases VO do not send any AOR and you directly get PPR or document request/interview from them once they start processing it.

B

bdh

kuku said:
@ bdh

Congrats so finally you got the approval...It was a long wait though..

Package is usually transferred to the visa office as soon as you are approved and the time period really depends on the visa office. Your VO might send you an AOR within few weeks and thats how you get the confirmation. But in many cases VO do not send any AOR and you directly get PPR or document request/interview from them once they start processing it.
@ kuku

Thanks!! :D I guess what my husband was asking was how long before they receive the package once they send it to the V.O. from Mississauga? It is going to Ankara. What is the usual time period for the PPR request? We understand every V.O is different with different time lines but should the interview be before the medical expiry date? Also, I was wondering do they further communicate with me or will they communicate with my husband from here, seeing as it is now going to the V.O.? We are so happy this part is finally finished, thanks again kuku!! :D

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
@bdh

you are welcome.

Yes as you said, every visa office has its own time line for sending PPR. You might want to search a thread related to your visa office on this forum. Some VO ask for Passport early in the process and then they start processing your file like in my case where PPR was sent to my wife within 2 weeks of file transfer. Some offices send PPR in the last stage when they are ready to issue a visa. I am not sure how your VO works about sending PPRs.

Sending the PPR before medical expiry is not the guarantee. It also depends on processing time of the VO. i.e. some visa offices have processing time of more than a year or even 2 years. So in those cases it might be possible that you get PPR and medical request at the same time or medical request after PPR if they requested passport early and medical had expired during the processing time.

They will communicate with the principle applicant once the file is transferred to VO.

B

bdh

kuku said:
@ bdh

you are welcome.

Yes as you said, every visa office has its own time line for sending PPR. You might want to search a thread related to your visa office on this forum. Some VO ask for Passport early in the process and then they start processing your file like in my case where PPR was sent to my wife within 2 weeks of file transfer. Some offices send PPR in the last stage when they are ready to issue a visa. I am not sure how your VO works about sending PPRs.

Sending the PPR before medical expiry is not the guarantee. It also depends on processing time of the VO. i.e. some visa offices have processing time of more than a year or even 2 years. So in those cases it might be possible that you get PPR and medical request at the same time or medical request after PPR if they requested passport early and medical had expired during the processing time

They will communicate with the principle applicant once the file is transferred to VO.
@ kuku

Thanks for all your information, I know the V.O. for Ankara is 5 months and my husband already had his medical done February 01, of this year. So seeing how it is only a couple months away, do you know if could be done before the medical expiry date? As his medical was sent to France and returned we believe it returned back to Ankara already months ago. The PPR has been paid so we are hoping it won't take too long :) Thanks again!!!

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
He should receive PPR within next 6-8 weeks. I am positive. But again you should check an average time taken for Ankara VO to request passport and issue a Visa.

I would also ask my spouse to get another medical to save time in case the VO takes time to make a decision and later asks for Medical and delay the process more. I am not sure if one can re do the medical if previous one is still not expired. But I don't see any problem with that either.

B

bdh

kuku said:
He should receive PPR within next 6-8 weeks. I am positive. But again you should check an average time taken for Ankara VO to request passport and issue a Visa.

I would also ask my spouse to get another medical to save time in case the VO takes time to make a decision and later asks for Medical and delay the process more. I am not sure if one can re do the medical if previous one is still not expired. But I don't see any problem with that either.
@ kuku

Thanks for your advice and information!! I really hope it is a short time period :) I am so happy for us and everyone that has gotten their approval and everyone that had to wait out this grueling period is finally coming to an end and we can all be re-united with our spouses quickly. Thanks again for all your help!!

mapledreams

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Done....
12-07-11
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
05-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-12
LANDED..........
10-02-2012
@ Kuku

Our applications are 8 days apart (from the time Miss. approved sponsorship) so Im hoping my hubby will receive a PPR soon. Did you receive an AOR as well?

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
mapledreams said:
@ Kuku

Our applications are 8 days apart (from the time Miss. approved sponsorship) so Im hoping my hubby will receive a PPR soon. Did you receive an AOR as well?
we dint receive any AOR neither my wife's ecas ever changed to " in process" after that.. So let's see...

Your hubby shoud get PPR soon !!! But remember .. You are dealing with ND office. Nothings official about it!! :) :)