+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attn Seniors ??? totally unfair to ask such kind of explanation from Singapore

Mpadhya

Star Member
Dec 18, 2009
to all who have commented....

i appreciate that lecturer's comments as they sound obvious... by the way we also need to know as in which field you have shown your vocational instructor experience ????

Is that teaching english or computer or what ???? because this can also be one of the points you can stress on to the immigration officer depending your actual need of english while you are in canada ???

One more thing i would like to say is.... this is not an outright rejection... you have been given a fair chance by the officer to explain them and if you succeed in doing so.... you still have the chances.

best of luck

arlnr

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009
Doc's Request.
June2009
Nomination.....
July 2009
AOR Received.
July 2009
IELTS Request
August 2009
File Transfer...
In process Since March 11 2010
Med's Request
Feb 8 2012
Med's Done....
March 27 2012 and received April 2 2012
Interview........
November 29 2011
Passport Req..
May 28 2012
If i mention in my reply to cic that upon arrival i will engage myself further in English language course
and
Show them more bank solvency like actual cad 23000/+ another cad 30000/
plus
property assessment

Because i am really unable to prepare myself again for IELTS within this short time period

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
this case looks to me as individual officer's judgement out of rule book boundaries. When I read the case, their were two points in my mind perhaps they have shown less POF & dependency on uncle. And since his uncle is getting unemployment fund & can not support them financially; it make sense what VO said in letter. But as in latter reply this guy mentioned that he has shown even little extra POF & not less. So what VO said does not make sense to me.
Coming to ILETs score; VO checks if applican has 67 points or not; guide book does not say (if I am not wrong) about minimum points for ILETs; so I am not sure why VO is raising less ILETs score. My question to VO would be if VO allow someone with less than 67 points if applicant has 16 points for English? I think answer would be 'NO'; because applicant has less than 67 points. So why VO is raising such (ILET) point.
Last defense to VO decision; VO judged that applicant would not be able to get the job because of not having highly efficient English which might be MUST in applicant's case (to get the job in his profession in Canada). Applicant might not get job - if such judgement is in VO's duties then VO has reason but if it is out of VO's power then this is not good sign.
Solution - Contact the law office to reply to VO. Why? A law office can prepared your reply by pointing rules; for example such & such rule; section x of rule 123; so you are eligible and it is not fare reply form VO. (2) VO would be aware that he is communicating to person who is practicing immigration law; so VO might think twice if he is going out of his boundary.

Sometime a person (VO) can judge about something which is not good for his country or society (for example, paying public funds to immigrant or some other reason); so VO might had taken decision in interest of his country's favor. Having good intension for country is not bad thing but going by rule book helps in constructive society. And Canada visa office (officer or his supervisor(s)) might be forced to look into your case positively if a law office represent you.

Good Luck.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: Attn Seniors ??? totally unfair to ask such kind of explanation from Singap

arlnr said:
If i mention in my reply to cic that upon arrival i will engage myself further in English language course
and
Show them more bank solvency like actual cad 23000/+ another cad 30000/
plus
property assessment

Because i am really unable to prepare myself again for IELTS within this short time period
All the foregoing members have given u valuable & rightful advices. W/out a better IELTS score, brother u cannot succeed, this time.

Remember, your uncle's adaptability point is going to be deducted from your score, post your reply to the CIC's Fairness Letter. He being himself on Social Security is your death knell. U r bound to fall short on the min points. And that's a Rejection, right?

And no. Your further addition of POF also will not be acceptable, being obviously viewed as obtained from dubious sources. Not your own.

IMHO, plz Retake the IELTS, it might be your only choice/chance.
Your vehement opinion against it is not understood. And that would be detrimental to your case processing. Which'll cost u dearly. Your positiveness at coming to this forum to obtain advice is appreciable. So, just give it a try.

Even if u cannot get the IELTS results by this 38 days, at least book it, pay the fees & intimate that to your VO, thru a covering letter. That'd be viewed as a fair try. And the VO might hold on to his conclusive decision for some more time.

This is your best option.

Good luck.

shuhash

Star Member
May 21, 2010
Sorry to hear about your situation...

I am not an expert but try to identify your strength that would enable you to successfully establish in canada.. also claim that you don't expect any financial support from your relative... be as detail as possible in your explanation .. I am from bangladesh as well .. and waiting for my initial assessment .. but in your case if point become an issue then pls retake IELTS .. you must have spent a lot of money already .. don't let those go waste ..

arlnr

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009
Doc's Request.
June2009
Nomination.....
July 2009
AOR Received.
July 2009
IELTS Request
August 2009
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Feb 8 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 29 2011
Passport Req..
May 28 2012
I am a Computer Trainer in 4131 catagory
and i am really unable to prepare myself again for IELTS within this short time period because of following reason

British council IELTS DATES

June 26 2010 AC & GT DAC CTG RAJ and it is not possible to register myself because today is 24 and 25 is holiday

July 6 2010 Ac only

July 17 2010 AC & GT DAC CTG RAJ no availability

If i reappear myself in IELTS then the result should submit on or before August 3 2010 but as per British Council schedule I cannot manage ne to do so before AUG 03 2010

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
The officer is using a " substituted evaluation" method. The problem is not with points but with the applicants NOC and his capacity in the english language. He is applying as a Lecturer I believe and his english is not up to capacity with that specific NOC. How can he lecture if he does not know enough english to give a lecture? This added to his uncles incapacity to aid him economically if needed . I beleive this is why the officer sent the letter.

arlnr

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009
Doc's Request.
June2009
Nomination.....
July 2009
AOR Received.
July 2009
IELTS Request
August 2009
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Feb 8 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
November 29 2011
Passport Req..
May 28 2012
Hello qorax
Previously on march 2010 they ask only my relatives

a. Property deed
b. Employment reference
c. Notice of Assessments

But they didn't mention anything about my IELTS factor so why now?
i already submitted required POF CAD 25000 as FDR and i am able to show another cad 30000 of my own as FDR

manir

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-06-2009
I am really shocked after seeing such situation of a fellow applicant. Atlast i anticipated that why my consultant did not included my maternal uncle's particulars in favor of my application. For claiming relative points they need a very clean bg of canadian economical profile. It is a serious matter for those who are claiming points for blood relation. Regards

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
pooja123 said:
Coming to ILETs score; VO checks if applican has 67 points or not; guide book does not say (if I am not wrong) about minimum points for ILETs; so I am not sure why VO is raising less ILETs score. My question to VO would be if VO allow someone with less than 67 points if applicant has 16 points for English? I think answer would be 'NO'; because applicant has less than 67 points. So why VO is raising such (ILET) point.
I am sure I read somewhere just as they do negative substituted evaluation, they also do positive substituted evaluation.

To Arlnr - if you do the test on July 3rd, when will you get the results? I think having done the test might help. If you are really insisting on not taking the test, this is what you should do and it may work (no guarantee).

1) Do all the PoF stuff that you are insisting on (even though I completely agree with Qorax, it looks dubious).
2) Explain why you can be economically viable without your uncle (assume they will take these points off).
3) Make an appointment for after deadline for IELTS and send them that test appointment. Let them know you can only take the test after the deadline at the earliest and ask them to hold your application.

I am not saying that they will hold your application. I am not saying showing your PoF will work, etc, but since you are insisting on not taking the IELTS on July 3rd and you are insisting on the PoF as your best option, I am suggesting the above.

In reality if I were you, I'd see IELTS as the only option. This is just my opinion, and I am no expert.

narinderdl

May 3, 2010
teaching instructor must be very good in english.i think u have to appear in ielts as soon as possible and prepare well for it(day-night preperation).

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
I can understand that taking IELTS is not going to be easy under so much stress.

If I were you I would hire a good immigration lawyer in Canada ASAP. Send the use of representative form duly signed and then ask your lawyer to do the paper work and respond to to the visa officer's letter. God forbid if your case is rejected your lawyer can then try an appeal in a Federal court of law to overturn the visa officer's decision. Yes it will involve an additional financial burden on you (do not touch the funds already shown) but if it is a matter of now or never go in for it.

God bless you.

Keep us updated.

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
In my opinion they don't want to award 5 points for relative in Canada and as you don't have enough points for IELTS as well so you simply drop to 64. Try IELTS.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
arlnr said:
b) Mohammad Jahagir, your uncle in Canada, has clearly not economically established there
as he has been unemployed since returning to Canada in July 2009 and he is (per 2009
T5007) collecting social assistance in Canada. Therefore, I am not satisfied that your uncle
will be able to significantly assist you in becoming economically established yourself.
You may have gotten 5 pts for your relative in Canada but in the end I think your uncle hurt your case.