+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Attesting(certifying) the copies of degree, certificates and the experience lett

ali_12345

Mar 25, 2010
Hello Readers,
I am wondering how you went about attesting the copies of transcripts, degrees, certificates, and work experience letters. I am Pakistani living in USA. It will be fairly difficult for me to reach all of my previous employees, as well as the secondary/higher secondary board to have mine attested. I have originals of all, but I dont want to send the originals to immigration Quebec office.
Is this possible to have these certified within USA. If yes, how?

Thanks
Ali

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
HI ,

Yes. Go to a notary public with your original documents. They will do it.
Employment reference letter from your current employer must be up to date. I think notarized copies of old reference letters from previous employers should be fine. Please note that it is your responsibility to provide exacty what CHC is asking you.

Let's wait for seniors to suggest.
Good luck!
Ice cube

ali_12345

Mar 25, 2010
Thanks,
I'll check tomorrow if this is possible.
I have one more concern. The application says that I have to provide experience letter from my employer where I worked in the last 5 years. Is this possible to skip all my prevous employers in Pakistan ( since aug 2005 I am living in USA), I dont know how to reach out the company where I worked between april 2005 till aug 2005. Can I just not mention it in my application, so that I dont have to provide the exp letters.

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
HI,
In imm0008 form, schedule 1 (background / declaration) says that failure to account for all time periods will results in the delay in processing of your application. (Q: 11).

So, please do mention the time period and do not leave any gaps. However, you may choose to leave blank for any activity you did.

let's wait for seniors comment.
Good luck

Ice cube

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
If you didn't mention your experiences in your initial stage than you can probably skip the previous employers but than again you have to mention what you were doing in that period as in Background declaration, you have to mention everything since you turned 18. I know it can be very hard to get references sorted from Pakistan.

Den2Can

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Apr-2010
Doc's Request.
21-June-2010
IELTS Request
Already taken on 26-06-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I have got them notarized even from the banks like Bank Of America branch.. if you have account with them, they do it for free..