+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATTENTION - MEXICO POLICE CERTIFICATE (PCC) - ITA

Latas23

Apr 30, 2017
Hello all!

In case you have received an ITA and you need a PCC from Mexico, you don't need to get one before submit the application.

You just need to upload a letter (in the same file with the others PCC, in case you need more than one) with this statement: "I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate."

This is what the CIC site says:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”
We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.
We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

Good Luck all!

RAJ_India

Dec 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Latas23 said:
Hello all!

In case you have received an ITA and you need a PCC from Mexico, you don't need to get one before submit the application.

You just need to upload a letter (in the same file with the others PCC, in case you need more than one) with this statement: "I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate."

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”
We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.
We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

Good Luck all!
Thanks for the info, Four years ago, one of my friends visited Mexico and got in the fight at a bar. He was taken to the police station along with a Mexican. I don't know if case was registered at the police station or not, but he was relieved to know that he doesn't need a pcc for maxico because it was 12 days trip.

RAJ_India

Dec 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you think stuff like this comes up in the back ground check process.?

ejaime86

Jul 21, 2017
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've been looking for some advice on this case.

I'm in living in the US and CIC requested the mexican police certificate two days ago. I understand that I have to send my documents to the Embassy of Canada in Mexico and my deadline is Aug 16th according to MyCIC account.

So my questions are:

1) Is there any specific fingerprint form? Or can I use the one they give me in the local police station?

2) MyCIC account now shows an upload button for that Police Certificate (on my document checklist section), when I click there it takes me to a form that has fields like Police Cert number, expiry date and so on. My question would be, once I send my docs to the Embassy, do you know if there is something I need to upload on MyCIC? or just wait even if it's past my deadline?

Hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've been looking for some advice on this case.

I'm in living in the US and CIC requested the mexican police certificate two days ago. I understand that I have to send my documents to the Embassy of Canada in Mexico and my deadline is Aug 16th according to MyCIC account.

So my questions are:

1) Is there any specific fingerprint form? Or can I use the one they give me in the local police station?

2) MyCIC account now shows an upload button for that Police Certificate (on my document checklist section), when I click there it takes me to a form that has fields like Police Cert number, expiry date and so on. My question would be, once I send my docs to the Embassy, do you know if there is something I need to upload on MyCIC? or just wait even if it's past my deadline?

Hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks!
Ask your question here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/police-certificate-mexico-constancia-de-antecedentes-registrales.274653/

ren87

Nov 20, 2020
Hello all!

Good Luck all!

Hi all,

I know this thread is old, but i have a doubt about my application.
So, I'm an inland applicant and i got my ITA on November, according of what you said i can only wrote a letter saying “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.” to submit and get my AoR

**but would that apply for people who is applying inland or only for out of Canada? (since the embassy of Canada will ask for the PCC in my behalf)
**Also if im doing it through the embassy of Canada because im living out of Mexico and won't get the PCC what should i upload on the PCC section of my application to submit it and get my AoR?

(i know for my medical is the confirmation sheet but for my PCC should be a scan of my receipts (fingerprints and DHL to the embassy of Canada in Mexico)?

Since there is so many threads about people sending their fingerprints during the ITA and applying through the embassy in Mexico and others writing the letter “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.” to pay their fees and get their AoR to then get the letter for their PCC, im so confused.

hope anyone can help me to clear my doubts
Thank you in advance!