+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

At the end of my rope, anything we can do?

Lifer

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
I'm Canadian and my wife is Thai. We applied for a PR visa her and her stepson shortly after getting married and are still waiting. It's been nearly 28 months so far.

The whole process is extrememly slow and frustrating and we never know what to expect or how long things will take. There was a long delay because x-rays showed a potential tuberculosis infection, which the doctors have finally agreed is no longer a concern. There was also a delay when I accidentally made a typo on our new address, which was mostly my fault... however our address was never updated on the cic website and we never got any sort of confirmation, so there was no way for me to notice my error and correct it, which IMO is a real problem.

The biggest problem is this: it takes immigration about 2.5 months to send us a letter every time one needs to be sent! We can see by comparing the dates that the medical section puts on things with the dates that they mail us notification of their findings. This has happened 3 times now... two and a half months to send a letter?!!??! That's outrageous!

On top of that, after thinking that we'd sorted out the mistaken address, they sent another letter to the wrong address, and 5-6 emails later they still haven't fixed anything. They just ignore my emails. I even sent them emails warning that I think they might make this error, which they ignored and then made the exact error I warned them about.

I contacted my MP's office for help about the address and all he did was forward my email to them, which they once again ignored.

Now the doctors have said that there's no problem, but for some reason the folks over at Singapore/Manila still haven't given the OK for my wife to come over to Canada on a temporary resident visa (which we applied for while waiting because it's faster, and is only held up because of the TB scare), over a month after the visit to the doctors.

And thanks to all these delays, it's now been over a year since my wife's last full medical exam, meaning that they'll take 2.5 months to tell us to do it again, then 2.5 months to confirm that she's clean once we do it, and then God knows what other delay will come next...

I'm sorry for the long rant but immigration has turned into the worst experience of my life and I'm so frustrated and disappointed. Does anyone have any advice or ideas that might help?

jo-macral

Mar 25, 2012
Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore<br />Pain & Suffering: 07-12-2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-12-2012
File Transfer...
21-12-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-05-2014<br />Re-med Req...: 26-05-2014<br />Passport Sent.: 30-06-2014<br />Decision Made: 25-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2014
LANDED..........
Tickets booked for September, 2014
All I can say is hang in there! I am going through the Singapore office for my Thai wife as well, and hope to god it does not take too long.

chickenkiev

Dec 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
Lifer,
Did you include your e-mail address as a means of contact in the original application?
Did you apply through a lawyer/consultant or not?

This might help you understand the medical part of your process.
xxx.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op15-eng.pdf
(put www for xxx)

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
dont give up ! You will be reunited eventually. Believe me, I know how stressfull it is (April will be 4 years waiting for me)