+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asylum seeker from Nigeria

Princewillzs

Aug 16, 2018
Hi!
Please, I'm from Nigeria and wish to seek for asylum in Canada. The religious cleansing(killing) of Christians in my area is too much and I don't feel safe again with my family.
These threads to my life started since my evangelism produced result by God's grace and two of my Muslim friends got converted to Christian. Their parents reported me to their Imams and since then I can't sleep in one place for two nights for fear of attack. Reporting to the police here might even worsen the issue because they're working hand-in-hand.
I'm married with two kids. Please do we have any chances of being accepted. We've never traveled out of Nigeria before. Thanks

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
You either need to be accepted as a refugee by UNHCR in Nigeria and sent to Canada (you don't get to choose Canada) or fly to Canada having obtained visitor visas for you and your family and claim asylum here.

The likely argument they would use against your case is: why not move to a different (Christian) area of Nigeria instead.

bcgigabyte

Apr 6, 2012
since Nigeria has a majority Christian population, it would be very difficult to justify your story about religious discrimination. If your area is dangerous then they would ask you to leave for another area inside Nigeria that is safe for Christians.

Reactions: visatest