+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asking for parents financial information?

Martell96

Apr 18, 2014
Hi! I'm applying to study in Canada. We don't have an embassy in our country, so I applied trough a visa application center. Yesterday they told me that the embassy said that I must send my parent's financial information. I got a full scholarship from my government (will cover tuition, life expenses, etc) and attached an official letter to my application, as in the VAC they said that it was the only necessary financial information that I should give.

This means that they are almost rejecting my visa? Why they need my parents financial information? Both of my parents have a job, some savings, our house... But definitely not enough money to fully pay my studies in Canada (I have a full scholarship though!)

What documents should I present? Thanks.

The embassy already asked me the medical exams, and I have already sent them. I don't know what to think :(

Ramandeep

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh: online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2014
IELTS Request
7 bands - Submitted with application
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-7-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-7-2014
LANDED..........
Aug-2014
You can send ITRs, PF, salary slips, bank statements of your parents.

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Will your scholarship cover your other spending like medical, clothes, groceries, beverages ;), gadgets and other miscellaneous expense?

Martell96

Apr 18, 2014
praveen1989 said:
Will your scholarship cover your other spending like medical, clothes, groceries, beverages ;), gadgets and other miscellaneous expense?
And books :) don't forget the books.

Yes

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Apart from scholarship your parents will be giving the fund for these requirements right..so CIC wants to know that...that's it

Martell96

Apr 18, 2014
praveen1989 said:
Apart from scholarship your parents will be giving the fund for these requirements right..so CIC wants to know that...that's it
Well, guess they want to be sure that I'm not escaping from extreme poverty and trying to stay in their country lol.

Thanks

Martell96

Apr 18, 2014
Hey! I'll show 3 Fixed Deposits which sum USD $60k, Tax things, Salary certificates and retiring savings (idk how are they called in English lol, the PF thingy)

Is that enough?

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Martell96 said:
Hey! I'll show 3 Fixed Deposits which sum USD $60k, Tax things, Salary certificates and retiring savings (idk how are they called in English lol, the PF thingy)

Is that enough?

lol.....gratuity

Yes!

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Martell96 said:
Hi! I'm applying to study in Canada. We don't have an embassy in our country, so I applied trough a visa application center. Yesterday they told me that the embassy said that I must send my parent's financial information. I got a full scholarship from my government (will cover tuition, life expenses, etc) and attached an official letter to my application, as in the VAC they said that it was the only necessary financial information that I should give.

This means that they are almost rejecting my visa? Why they need my parents financial information? Both of my parents have a job, some savings, our house... But definitely not enough money to fully pay my studies in Canada (I have a full scholarship though!)

The embassy already asked me the medical exams, and I have already sent them. I don't know what to think :(
Hello Martell96, your case is usual and a friend too encountered that. If you get a scholarship from government, that is the easiest way to get visa. Normally these scholarships are given to talented, but needed students.

I guess you're very talented student with good grades, that's why you have been awarded with this scholarship. Since your parents are not responsible for your expenses and tuition in Canada, the embassy shouldn't have asked. However, the embassy may have other motives: but don't worry if your parents don't have such requirements. Your parents shouldn't force to get money into their bank accounts. It's all simple. Give them what your parents have and attach a letter to it. If they are poor, tell them and don't feel shy. Let them know who your parents are and why you were awarded with the scholarship. If your parents are damn rich and your government has awarded you with a scholarship meant for the needy but talented students, then you will also get another problem.

Write in the letter and explain about the current circumstance of your family, academic background, why you were awarded with a government scholarship (inlcude any previous awards you have been awarded because of your good academic background/financial background) and finally tell them why you'll return to your country upon completion and help your community. The letter must be very cogent but detailed and free of grammatical errors. Address it to the embassy in the country where you submitted your application. It must be strictly formal. For example if you submitted your application to the Canadain visa office in New Delhi, begin as below:

LETTER OF EXPLANATION

Please do not hesitate to write if you still have questions.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Martell96 said:

Martell96

Apr 18, 2014
dok said:
Hello Martell96, your case is usual and a friend too encountered that. If you get a scholarship from government, that is the easiest way to get visa. Normally these scholarships are given to talented, but needed students.

I guess you're very talented student with good grades, that's why you have been awarded with this scholarship. Since your parents are not responsible for your expenses and tuition in Canada, the embassy shouldn't have asked. However, the embassy may have other motives: but don't worry if your parents don't have such requirements. Your parents shouldn't force to get money into their bank accounts. It's all simple. Give them what your parents have and attach a letter to it. If they are poor, tell them and don't feel shy. Let them know who your parents are and why you were awarded with the scholarship. If your parents are damn rich and your government has awarded you with a scholarship meant for the needy but talented students, then you will also get another problem.

Write in the letter and explain about the current circumstance of your family, academic background, why you were awarded with a government scholarship (inlcude any previous awards you have been awarded because of your good academic background/financial background) and finally tell them why you'll return to your country upon completion and help your community. The letter must be very cogent but detailed and free of grammatical errors. Address it to the embassy in the country where you submitted your application. It must be strictly formal. For example if you submitted your application to the Canadain visa office in New Delhi, begin as below:

LETTER OF EXPLANATION

Please do not hesitate to write if you still have questions.
Hi! Thanks for this great answer!

Yeah, the scholarship is for the one who gets the highest score in a national SAT-Like exam we. Have, so 1 among 83,000 students gets it. It covers up to $100,000 USD, and it's from the government, so that is why I was surprised that they are asking extra financial information about my parents (and not my sponsor!). But now I feel a lot more confident with your answer. I'll be giving all these papers tomorrow so wish me luck.

Thanks!

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Congrates on your scholarship. Just give them what they want and everything will be fine. When you write the letter, give to a friend to read over it for you. It helps to ensure coherence and correction of other grammatical errors. I wish you all the best and come back to write that you have your study permit and TRV approved!! :)

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
@Martell96
just an unrelated question..and not judging
u got scholarship to study anywhere in the world right then why did u decide on canada and not US?
I am very surprised.

Martell96

Apr 18, 2014
mead said:
@ Martell96
just an unrelated question..and not judging
u got scholarship to study anywhere in the world right then why did u decide on canada and not US?
I am very surprised.
Hello! I don't like US education that much, I didn't want to go there to purse my studies. I don't know, personal preferences.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Martell96 said:
Hello! I don't like US education that much, I didn't want to go there to purse my studies. I don't know, personal preferences.
thanks was just curious....