+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asked for Passport pages after Citizenship test

twranks

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Is that part of the process? Also, I renewed my passport during my eligibility period. Do I also have to scan all pages of the old passport too? Thanks guys/gals

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
Is that part of the process? Also, I renewed my passport during my eligibility period. Do I also have to scan all pages of the old passport too? Thanks guys/gals
Hi. Yes, I was asked for all of my passport pages after I did the exam. You will need to scan all pages of passports that fall within the eligibility period. I had to scan two full passports because of this. The reason they asked for my passport pages is because there was an entry to canada I had that didn't have a prior exit to match. Because of this they requested an interview and we discovered that the immigration officer in the USA (my destination on that trip) did not stamped my passport when I entered the country. I had to show the officer on the interview proof that I left canada on that period of time. I was able to find the airline itinerary and tickets on my email and send it to the officer during the interview. It sounds easy but it was super stressful and it took some time for us to discover the situation because I didn't remember that trip either (I travelled often for work).
So make sure you didn't leave any trips unaccounted for and be ready for it in case you have an interview.

twranks

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Hi. Yes, I was asked for all of my passport pages after I did the exam. You will need to scan all pages of passports that fall within the eligibility period. I had to scan two full passports because of this. The reason they asked for my passport pages is because there was an entry to canada I had that didn't have a prior exit to match. Because of this they requested an interview and we discovered that the immigration officer in the USA (my destination on that trip) did not stamped my passport when I entered the country. I had to show the officer on the interview proof that I left canada on that period of time. I was able to find the airline itinerary and tickets on my email and send it to the officer during the interview. It sounds easy but it was super stressful and it took some time for us to discover the situation because I didn't remember that trip either (I travelled often for work).
So make sure you didn't leave any trips unaccounted for and be ready for it in case you have an interview.
Thanks! It's weird because I barely travelled during my eligibility period ( I've literally only travelled once in 2018 where I stayed for a month and I have the record on my previous passport). Hopefully it won't be such a big deal cos I'm ready to celebrate passing my test lol

twranks

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
And just curious, how long did it take for them to schedule your interview after you submitted your passport pages?

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Thanks! It's weird because I barely travelled during my eligibility period ( I've literally only travelled once in 2018 where I stayed for a month and I have the record on my previous passport). Hopefully it won't be such a big deal cos I'm ready to celebrate passing my test lol
Doesn't matter. They're asking for your passport pages only to verify whether what you've declared as your travel (or lack thereof) is true or not. CBSA didn't start receiving details of people leaving Canada via air from airlines until very recently..

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
And just curious, how long did it take for them to schedule your interview after you submitted your passport pages?
I submitted my passport pages on march 25th and received notification for an interview on april 20th. The interview was scheduled for May 5th.

twranks

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Doesn't matter. They're asking for your passport pages only to verify whether what you've declared as your travel (or lack thereof) is true or not. CBSA didn't start receiving details of people leaving Canada via air from airlines until very recently..
Oh okay . So it's standard procedure then? It doesn't make my application non-routine?

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Oh okay . So it's standard procedure then? It doesn't make my application non-routine?
No its totally standard. Happened for me, and nearly everyone I know..

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
The pre-pandemic standard procedure was EVERYONE was interviewed and passports were checked right after the test (same day). Even in the online transition, it's still pretty standard.

Reactions: twranks

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does IRCC ask for scanned passport copies or hard copies after the test?
Depends on processing office and officer. I got a request for hardcopies to be sent by courier.

DarshanDalvi

Jan 27, 2019
Hey Guys,
Just a question on this topic and if anyone is in the same situation:
During my eligibility period I've only had 1 passport and I've made many trips back and forth to the US and the US Visa is in my old passport though. So, i have to carry my old passport all the time just because of the visa being there.
So, the question is do i need to attach both passports scanned copies?

Thank you :)

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hey Guys,
Just a question on this topic and if anyone is in the same situation:
During my eligibility period I've only had 1 passport and I've made many trips back and forth to the US and the US Visa is in my old passport though. So, i have to carry my old passport all the time just because of the visa being there.
So, the question is do i need to attach both passports scanned copies?

Thank you :)
Only passport(s) during eligibility period