+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asivad pls help!!

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
I have recently filled out the EE profile and in the education section, I have filled only the Masters Degree which I just gained (Canadian degree) and since the computer algorithm awards points for the highest degree awarded, I am being awarded points for a Masters degree. Do I still need to declare my UG degree (It is from India).

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ustaad said:
I have recently filled out the EE profile and in the education section, I have filled only the Masters Degree which I just gained (Canadian degree) and since the computer algorithm awards points for the highest degree awarded, I am being awarded points for a Masters degree. Do I still need to declare my UG degree (It is from India).
@Ustaad,

You do not need to. However, if you do declare it with supporting ECA, your CRS score will increase as you will get additional points for two degrees.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ustaad said:
Not required.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeru_maan said:
@ Ustaad,

You do not need to. However, if you do declare it with supporting ECA, your CRS score will increase as you will get additional points for two degrees.
Incorrect. They will still get the same points for Masters degree whether they have an ECA for their Bachelors or not.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Incorrect. They will still get the same points for Masters degree whether they have an ECA for their Bachelors or not.
Is it safe to assume that if a person declares their masters on their EE profile, their CRS score is automatically calculated has having two or more post secondary program credentials in the skills transferability section? And if it is, they would't need to provide an ECA or a copy of their bachelors degree after receiving an ITA?

In the OP's case, wouldn't his CRS increase by at least 12 points if he declares his Bachelors?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeru_maan said:
Is it safe to assume that if a person declares their masters on their EE profile, their CRS score is automatically calculated has having two or more post secondary program credentials? And if it is, they would't need to provide an ECA or a copy of their bachelors degree after receiving an ITA?
Yes.

In fact having a Canadian Masters degree (or equivalent ECA) gets higher points in the Level Of Educations section than 'Two or more...". For the sake of Skills Transferability section, having a PhD/Masters/Entry-to-profession degree/Two or more degrees is treated in the same manner.

One need not provide ECA for a 'lower' credential when you have acquired ECA for a 'higher' credential.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Yes.

In fact having a Canadian Masters degree (or equivalent ECA) gets higher points in the Level Of Educations section than 'Two or more...". For the sake of Skills Transferability section, having a PhD/Masters/Entry-to-profession degree/Two or more degrees is treated in the same manner.

One need not provide ECA for a 'lower' credential when you have acquired ECA for a 'higher' credential.
That is interesting. Thanks. Do you have a source for the skills transferability part? I'd like to read up some more about this.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeru_maan said:
Doesn't really apply to my question, but thanks for the effort.
Of course it does.

Take efforts to read the details in Skills Transferability and how the points are assigned. Compare that with the literature on how to read ECA report and you will understand that the highest points under ST are on offer for 'Two or more degrees...' and Masters/Entry-to-Profession/PhD are all at least equal to or greater than 'Two or more degrees...' hence they fetch you the highest points.

Hope that clarifies.

rvikrant

May 7, 2015
Hello Guys,

I have few queries after getting ITA, your every suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Question 1: I have got an ITA recently. I have started updating the form for myself and my spouse. All forms in my section i.e Primary Applicant is completed but while updating these forms in my spouse Personal information it is showing in progress and the reason for incompleteness of this section is my first name which is blank.
In my passport my first name is blank so according to that it is supposed to be blank in her section as well. For my section no such error is coming where I have left my first name blank but in spouse section I am not getting the reason why it is not accepting that as it is.

Question 2: While making my profile where the question is asked, "Does Applicant have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province or territory?" I putted yes for it as I have done 1 year 'Project Management' program in Canada but later I realize it was not skilled trade program.
So now I have got the ITA, I am afraid if they can take it as misrepresentation. I tried to recalculate my points by putting 'no' for this question but it does not affect my points. Any suggestions what should I do? Shall I decline my ITA? or let it be because it is not affecting my points. (My score is 472).

Question 3: I got my Educational Documents assessed from WES. While filling up my information online in WES website I put my First name in Small letters but last name was put in Capital Letters.Now when I received my credentials from them my name is showing as: LASTNAME, FirstName. So I just want to know if I will send the same to immigration with my PR Documents then will there be any issue because in all other documents name is shown as FirstName LAstName.?

Looking forward for your response and thanks in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rvikrant said:
Hello Guys,

I have few queries after getting ITA, your every suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Question 1: I have got an ITA recently. I have started updating the form for myself and my spouse. All forms in my section i.e Primary Applicant is completed but while updating these forms in my spouse Personal information it is showing in progress and the reason for incompleteness of this section is my first name which is blank.
In my passport my first name is blank so according to that it is supposed to be blank in her section as well. For my section no such error is coming where I have left my first name blank but in spouse section I am not getting the reason why it is not accepting that as it is.

Input "N/A" and explain it using an LOE.

Question 2: While making my profile where the question is asked, "Does Applicant have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province or territory?" I putted yes for it as I have done 1 year 'Project Management' program in Canada but later I realize it was not skilled trade program.
So now I have got the ITA, I am afraid if they can take it as misrepresentation. I tried to recalculate my points by putting 'no' for this question but it does not affect my points. Any suggestions what should I do? Shall I decline my ITA? or let it be because it is not affecting my points. (My score is 472).

Remove it from your post ITA profile. In the LOE, explain the mistake, apologize for choosing incorrectly and highlight that you did not get any additional points because of it.

Question 3: I got my Educational Documents assessed from WES. While filling up my information online in WES website I put my First name in Small letters but last name was put in Capital Letters.Now when I received my credentials from them my name is showing as: LASTNAME, FirstName. So I just want to know if I will send the same to immigration with my PR Documents then will there be any issue because in all other documents name is shown as FirstName LAstName.?

Not a problem.

Looking forward for your response and thanks in advance.

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HEllo Asivad,

Do you have any clue How to withdraw an OOpnp application?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adi1989 said:
HEllo Asivad,

Do you have any clue How to withdraw an OOpnp application?
I no longer want to continue with my application to Ontario’s Express Entry streams. How can I withdraw my application and have my fees returned?

Applicants can request a withdrawal of their application. at any stage. The request will be considered and you will be notified when a decision is made. Application withdrawal requests must be submitted in writing by mail to the address below; include in your request your full name, date of birth, and Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) (OINP) file number (if applicable).

Application fees are non-refundable. The province of Ontario charges fees to partially recover the cost of administering OO. Since the application fee helps pay for the cost of processing applications, it will not be refunded even if the application is not successful, or if you withdraw the application at any stage of the process, or if the province cancels or withdraws the nomination.

Mailing Address:
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
400 University Avenue, Ground Floor
Toronto, Ontario
M7A 2R9