+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asivad and friends - Verification of work experience

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hi,

I am an Inland FSW applicant (AOR 5 Oct). I have 3 years of work exp. in India with 2 employers. Its been almost 1.5 months since AOR and my ex supervisors haven't received any verification call/e-mail from CIC. They might or might not receive it in the coming days.

My question is: its been months they have given those reference letters to me as per the format requested by me, so when at any random point of time they receive a call from CIC, they won't remember exactly what did they sign in that letter (other than when they are sitting on their PC and can open the letter which they signed, while talking to CIC agent). I mean they have several sub-ordinates and they won't exactly remember the dates I worked and the exact duties (Except in a few lines what did I do at the company)

If an e-mail comes, that will be fine, since they have time to refer to the letter they signed and then reply to CIC. But what if phone comes at any time? What should I suggest them? Ask them to memorize the letter? Asking that would be weird.

Awaiting your response

Thanks in advance

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Below are my opinions

tell them that when a phone call comes they request CIC to call sometime later reason being they give references to many employees so they need to check your file specifically so that they answer to CIC correctly.

Make a pdf format of your reference letter and send it to supervisor's smartphone so they have it handy.

Ask them they may receive soon from CIC so they have your file on desk separately or easily accessible.

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
nokia3315 said:
Below are my opinions

tell them that when a phone call comes they request CIC to call sometime later reason being they give references to many employees so they need to check your file specifically so that they answer to CIC correctly.

Make a pdf format of your reference letter and send it to supervisor's smartphone so they have it handy.

Ask them they may receive soon so they have your file on desk separately or easily accessible.
Thanks a lot buddy

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Ustaad said:
Thanks a lot buddy
Absolutely this. Also, if you (or others in a similiar situation) feel uncomfortable asking your past employers to actually answer anything beyond what's written in the letter, just prep your person of contact to direct any further questions to your company's HR manager (or equivalent). I would be surprised if CIC calls and asks your person of contact anything beyond the 4Ws - who what where when - because that's the norm in North 'Merica. As long as your person can pull up your basic file and answer the 4Ws, the specifics of the letter itself won't matter. Do make sure that the person understands it's okay to tell CIC to call back if they ask more than s/he can answer. That sort of reply is very professional and happens all the time.

Best wishes to you.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ustaad said:
Hi,

I am an Inland FSW applicant (AOR 5 Oct). I have 3 years of work exp. in India with 2 employers. Its been almost 1.5 months since AOR and my ex supervisors haven't received any verification call/e-mail from CIC. They might or might not receive it in the coming days.

My question is: its been months they have given those reference letters to me as per the format requested by me, so when at any random point of time they receive a call from CIC, they won't remember exactly what did they sign in that letter (other than when they are sitting on their PC and can open the letter which they signed, while talking to CIC agent). I mean they have several sub-ordinates and they won't exactly remember the dates I worked and the exact duties (Except in a few lines what did I do at the company)

If an e-mail comes, that will be fine, since they have time to refer to the letter they signed and then reply to CIC. But what if phone comes at any time? What should I suggest them? Ask them to memorize the letter? Asking that would be weird.

Awaiting your response

Thanks in advance
The verification call as per my understanding wont be very detailed. They would just verify your association with the company and may be your designation etc. Cic is well aware of the fact that employers have right to selective disclosure. So as long as you have provided the truthful information you need not worry. Your supervisor can ask them to call back to verify if he doesnt recall your information.