+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asivad and friends - Urgent queries regarding final submission

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hi,

I have my submission due in a few days. I have a few questions:

1. What is the maximum size of the file that we can upload in 'Upload file' section? Someone told me it is 4.5 MB. Would that be sufficient, considering the amount of pages we will insert in one pdf file, especially the employment section? Any tip on how to put more pages without occupying more space?

2. Should I attach one text document in each section as a required LOE or a single compiled LOE for all sections in the 'letter of Explanation' section?

3. One usually suffices employment records with several proofs (reference letter, pay stubs etc). How is it possible to compile all this in 4.5 MB? Am I missing something here?

4. Any more dos/donts while submitting?

Thanks in advance

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
1) Maximum size is 4MB. There are many tools at Google for compressing PDFs. It's easy.
2) One LOE having all the explanation
3) Compress the scanned files ie Jpegs. Then compress the resultant final Pdf file. That's the only way.
4) Include whatever is there is your checklist and don't forget to sign the LOE before uploading. An LOE without your sign would be ineffective or hold no value for them.

Ustaad

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
anujgupta84 said:
1) Maximum size is 4MB. There are many tools at Google for compressing PDFs. It's easy.
2) One LOE having all the explanation
3) Compress the scanned files ie Jpegs. Then compress the resultant final Pdf file. That's the only way.
4) Include whatever is there is your checklist and don't forget to sign the LOE before uploading. An LOE without your sign would be ineffective or hold no value for them.
Hi Anuj

Thanks a lot for your reply. I saw your case where you nailed the POF thing. Congrats!

I am also sailing in the same boat. I live in Canada (Recently finished masters and now on a post grad work permit). I have $2000 of my own and recently my parents transferred $12000 to me here in Canada. To nail the POF, I am planning to attach:

1. Article 4 (Referred from http://screencast.com/t/gT2ti5ZK)
2. Gift deed (from my dad, highlighting that he is gifting these funds as a gift to support my canadian immigration and he does not expect them back bla bla bla)
3. A copy of my dad's will, which was made in 2012, highlighting that I would be the only inheritor of his property (immovable and movable) - the purpose of this is to tell CIC that my dad already had his plans to give me everything after his death (a language used in the will), so why not a portion of it now, when I need it for PoF?
4. Bank transfer details showing the transfer from his account to mine's
5. Property evaluation and CA report showing that a lot has been left with my parents after they gave me $12000
5. LOE from me

Would all this be good?

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Ustaad said:
Hi Anuj

Thanks a lot for your reply. I saw your case where you nailed the POF thing. Congrats!

I am also sailing in the same boat. I live in Canada (Recently finished masters and now on a post grad work permit). I have $2000 of my own and recently my parents transferred $12000 to me here in Canada. To nail the POF, I am planning to attach:

1. Article 4 (Referred from http://screencast.com/t/gT2ti5ZK)
2. Gift deed (from my dad, highlighting that he is gifting these funds as a gift to support my canadian immigration and he does not expect them back bla bla bla)
3. A copy of my dad's will, which was made in 2012, highlighting that I would be the only inheritor of his property (immovable and movable) - the purpose of this is to tell CIC that my dad already had his plans to give me everything after his death (a language used in the will), so why not a portion of it now, when I need it for PoF?
4. Bank transfer details showing the transfer from his account to mine's
5. Property evaluation and CA report showing that a lot has been left with my parents after they gave me $12000
5. LOE from me

Would all this be good?
You say Good? I say its Brilliant! Don't forget Bank letter!!

Ustaad, it's all you need. All bases covered! I can't think of any possible reason that should bother you as far as POF is concerned.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ustaad said:
Hi,

I have my submission due in a few days. I have a few questions:

1. What is the maximum size of the file that we can upload in 'Upload file' section? Someone told me it is 4.5 MB. Would that be sufficient, considering the amount of pages we will insert in one pdf file, especially the employment section? Any tip on how to put more pages without occupying more space?

2. Should I attach one text document in each section as a required LOE or a single compiled LOE for all sections in the 'letter of Explanation' section?

3. One usually suffices employment records with several proofs (reference letter, pay stubs etc). How is it possible to compile all this in 4.5 MB? Am I missing something here?

4. Any more dos/donts while submitting?

Thanks in advance
1. Maximum file size is 4 MB, if you are attaching passport scanned copy/complete scanned passport or document like such then its better first to reduce the file size; If your documents are in image format (such as jpeg, bmp gif etc.) use Microsoft picture manager (built-in with windows 7) and reduce the image size , it has predefined options of compression so select the most suited one ; compress all the images and then convert them to pdf and finally merge them using pdf split and merge application :)

2. A single LOE mentioning the complex details of all the sections be attached at the place where LOE is required to be uploaded; its better to draft LOE section wise and then merge it in a single pdf :)

3. Reference letter is essential while pay stubs are optional; I wonder why your letter and pay-stubs are exceeding more than 4MB as combined; Submitting the letter is mandatory so try reducing its size to less than 4MB; If both the documents within 4 MB of capacity, then merge together and submit :)

4.) Other Dos from my side would be to be careful in submitting evidence of settlement funds; make sure its not just the account statement; it must be a letter on bank's letter head with sign and stamp; mentioning your name, account title, date of opening account, current and average balance for the past 6 months and clarification of any liability (such as credit card/loans in the form of outstanding debts); you can attach your previous six month account statement with it to back up the information provided in the above mentioned letter :)

Police Certificate must be within the 6 months maturity period at the time of submission of your application

Upfront Medical must have an year of validity and within 6 month maturity at the time of submission of application

Also make a single consolidated document depicting degrees/transcripts and append ECA report credentials of those degrees/transcripts at the end

:)