Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
Hey all, my wife sister landed the other day. Funny story is the border service never asked her for the arrivecan receipt . Now we are at our place of quarantine and she has to provide that we arrived but on arrivecan there isn't any option to say that you've arrived at your place of quarantine. ... has anyone went through this and how do you tell them that you arrived ?

Sparklesk90

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Hey all, my wife sister landed the other day. Funny story is the border service never asked her for the arrivecan receipt . Now we are at our place of quarantine and she has to provide that we arrived but on arrivecan there isn't any option to say that you've arrived at your place of quarantine. ... has anyone went through this and how do you tell them that you arrived ?
Hi.. If you dont mind.. can you share if ur sister visited you along with her family? Or alone?

Bcoz I am trying to take my minor kid with me but the approval I have received is only for me.. eventhough the request email I sent was for both of us..

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
i came to Canada few days ago, apparently you can only include the address on arrivecan before arriving i think. someone on behalf of government also calls to ask and confirm the location of quarantine and if any health issues. did she fill out the declaration form?

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
Hi.. If you dont mind.. can you share if ur sister visited you along with her family? Or alone?

Bcoz I am trying to take my minor kid with me but the approval I have received is only for me.. eventhough the request email I sent was for both of us..
Just her sister alone

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
i came to Canada few days ago, apparently you can only include the address on arrivecan before arriving i think. someone on behalf of government also calls to ask and confirm the location of quarantine and if any health issues. did she fill out the declaration form?
Yeah I've heard that too but also heard that you have to either call a number or go to arrivecan to say you arrived at your destination of quarantine within 48 hours...and yes she did fill out a declaration form . It's actually difficult to get a straight answer just from one source :( youd think the gov would make it simple instead of us having to ask other peoples experience. Like the one I mentioned about the border service not asking for the receipt of arrivecan lol

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
Just her sister alone
Just a update on arrivecan, so they finally asked her my sister in law account if we have arrived at her place of quarantine. And if there is any symptoms. I guess it just takes for the account to ask after 24 hours or so

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She should be given a guideline in paper from the CBSA (who lectured her) and can phone the number listed to declare that she arrived at the place. The paper guideline says declare within 48 hours.

I don't recall if there is any receipt.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a update on arrivecan, so they finally asked her my sister in law account if we have arrived at her place of quarantine. And if there is any symptoms. I guess it just takes for the account to ask after 24 hours or so
The app will update her for the rest of her quarantine period and ask if there are any symptoms.

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
She should be given a guideline in paper from the CBSA (who lectured her) and can phone the number listed to declare that she arrived at the place. The paper guideline says declare within 48 hours.

I don't recall if there is any receipt.
I mean by the page where your code is after you complete the pre arrival on arrivecan that the border agent is supposed to ask for when you land apparently. They just never asked for the code. I found it redundant on having to fill out arrivecan and having to provide all the information again when they already had the info if they would've asked hahaha..

And another point she didn't get any lecture haha. Just gave her a paper and off she went . And this is her first time in canada

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I mean by the page where your code is after you complete the pre arrival on arrivecan that the border agent is supposed to ask for when you land apparently. They just never asked for the code. I found it redundant on having to fill out arrivecan and having to provide all the information again when they already had the info if they would've asked hahaha..

And another point she didn't get any lecture haha. Just gave her a paper and off she went . And this is her first time in canada
Yes, they never asked for the code. But they ask for the screen. So she did received the paper but did not look at it apparently.

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
Yes, they never asked for the code. But they ask for the screen. So she did received the paper but did not look at it apparently.
Once you submit your information through ArriveCAN:
  • a receipt will be displayed
  • be ready to show the receipt to a Canadian border services officer
  • you can show your receipt from the app as a screenshot or printout

yeah i find it odd as to why ask people to have their arrivecan receipt ready for the agents to see as i quoted from their site above. but never bother asking, my sister in law had it ready but they just never asked anything. all she did was provide her decleration card and that's when they provided her with the paper about covid and quarantine . so we were all confused hahaha... we got worried because she had no way of submitting that she arrived at her place of quarantine on the arrivecan, which was the original reason why i asked the first question. but no one actually had a answer lol.. we find out 20 some hours later that you actually have to wait before you can submit ... but thank you for all your help tho :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you submit your information through ArriveCAN:
  • a receipt will be displayed
  • be ready to show the receipt to a Canadian border services officer
  • you can show your receipt from the app as a screenshot or printout

yeah i find it odd as to why ask people to have their arrivecan receipt ready for the agents to see as i quoted from their site above. but never bother asking, my sister in law had it ready but they just never asked anything. all she did was provide her decleration card and that's when they provided her with the paper about covid and quarantine . so we were all confused hahaha... we got worried because she had no way of submitting that she arrived at her place of quarantine on the arrivecan, which was the original reason why i asked the first question. but no one actually had a answer lol.. we find out 20 some hours later that you actually have to wait before you can submit ... but thank you for all your help tho :)
No, they don't accept a screenshot and must show them the screen (receipt) on your Mobile device.