App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
He was born here before even I submitted the application. They asked me to update the file now, doing that.
Didn't you put him as family in Québec?

The same happened to me on February, and asked me to update my file and send them only a photo because they had the rest documents.
But the strange thing is that they said for my child who was born on 2019, but my only child was born on 2018.
So, my lawyer said that they made a mistake and send them a letter stating that we don't need to do anything.
I would suggest to call them.

Reactions: arkhamdominion

arkhamdominion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Didn't you put him as family in Québec?

The same happened to me on February, and asked me to update my file and send them only a photo because they had the rest documents.
But the strange thing is that they said for my child who was born on 2019, but my only child was born on 2018.
So, my lawyer said that they made a mistake and send them a letter stating that we don't need to do anything.
I would suggest to call them.
I did not put him on the file. So I just submitted the updated file with my child information in it. Got a few documents request immediately in the mpq. Nothing much, just passport, photo, birth certificate.. Also, it doesnt say if I have to pay anything extra? Is that expected? I thought it would be some extra $$ to add him to the file..

I plan to send the documents over weekend, would normal canada post delivery be good? Or the dropoff for documents is still open?

Last edited:

Jo123456

Star Member
May 13, 2020
So I just submitted the updated file with my child information in it. Got a few documents request immediately in the mpq. Nothing much, just passport, photo, birth certificate.. Also, it doesnt say if I have to pay anything extra? Is that expected? I thought it would be some extra $$ to add him to the file..

I plan to send the documents over weekend, would normal canada post delivery be good? Or the dropoff for documents is still open?
If your child is canadian citizen , so you are just updating their profile , so this is normal that they didn't request fees as your child will not apply for CSQ

Reactions: arkhamdominion

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
Hello All,I need some guidance
My AOR is 20 march,Can I send my new IELTS marksheet with better marks to increase my score though they have not asked.
If your points are sufficient with already submitted score then it’s better to wait. If your points are below the threshold then they will ask you for any improvement in your situation anyway as can be seen from two of the guys posted in this thread recently.

Reactions: aramab

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
I did not put him on the file. So I just submitted the updated file with my child information in it. Got a few documents request immediately in the mpq. Nothing much, just passport, photo, birth certificate.. Also, it doesnt say if I have to pay anything extra? Is that expected? I thought it would be some extra $$ to add him to the file..

There is also another aspect of adding or having a new child that needs to be considered, which is the financial self sufficiency contract form where one fill an amount based on main applicant, spouse and number of children, and this amount varies with the number of children. So one should be prepared because they might ask for this form again with the updated correct amount. I am bringing this point here because sending these kinda docs back and forth increase the processing time and delay CSQ.

Last edited:

aramab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
If your points are sufficient with already submitted score then it’s better to wait. If your points are below the threshold then they will ask you for any improvement in your situation anyway as can be seen from two of the guys posted in this thread recently.
Thanks for reply

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hello Guys
Just let you know one of my friends has got CSQ yesterday.

His file number was 820+
Bill 9 Victim,
Invitation received on 19 Aug 2019.
Document Request 11 Oct 2019.
AOR: Nov 2019
1st Intent to Reject in Dec 2019: Asked for Passport Copy
Second Intent of Reject Feb 2020: Asked for Financial Self-Sufficiency Contract A-0522-OF (2020-01)
CSQ Received : 4 June 2020

arkhamdominion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
There is also another aspect of adding or having a new child that needs to be considered, which is the financial self sufficiency contract form where one fill an amount based on main applicant, spouse and number of children, and this amount varies with the number of children. So one should be prepared because they might ask for this form again with the updated correct amount. I am bringing this point here because sending these kinda docs back and forth increase the processing time and delay CSQ.
Yes, I realized that. So is this the amount of liquidated cash you have in your savings (rrsp, tfsa, saving/checking)?

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hello Guys
Just let you know one of my friends has got CSQ yesterday.

His file number was 820+
Bill 9 Victim,
Invitation received on 19 Aug 2019.
Document Request 11 Oct 2019.
AOR: Nov 2019
1st Intent to Reject in Dec 2019: Asked for Passport Copy
Second Intent of Reject Feb 2020: Asked for Financial Self-Sufficiency Contract A-0522-OF (2020-01)
CSQ Received : 4 June 2020
I was never asked for this contract. Is it case by case? I don't understand why they don't ask for all the documents in the first request. :/

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
Yes, I realized that. So is this the amount of liquidated cash you have in your savings (rrsp, tfsa, saving/checking)?
No, it’s the amount that you guarantee to have on arrival in Quebec for you and your family essential needs. Here is the header statement of the form “
The Financial Self-Sufficiency Contract is a legal instrument by which you agree to provide for your essential needs and, where applicable, those of the persons accompanying you to Québec, namely your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children, including those who are Canadian citizens, where applicable. It takes effect on the day you arrive in Québec as a permanent resident and is valid for three months.
The essential needs covered by the contract include, among other things, food, accommodation, clothing and any other personal needs.
As required by the Québec Immigration Act and the Regulation Respecting Immigration to Québec, you must subscribe to this contract,
failing which your application for permanent selection will not be accepted.”

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
I was never asked for this contract. Is it case by case? I don't understand why they don't ask for all the documents in the first request. :/
First Intent to Reject: His passport was expired during that process period. So, they asked for valid passport copy.
Second Intent to Reject: Sometimes people send the document in old version file [Financial Self-Sufficiency Contract A-0522-OF ]. Because government update/increase the fund amount every year. That's why Govt asks the applicant to send the document in latest version document.

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hello how many of intention of reject are allowed ? cuz I can see that you have 2 ?
This is not my case. This one belongs to my friend. I am still waiting for CSQ after submitting the documents in March 2020.

My observation is there is no limit of Reject to Intent because everything depends on Officer. I have seen sometimes 2 Intent to Reject. But 1 Intent to Reject is very common. I have seen many many cases with 1 Intent to Reject. But there are also some cases (may be they are few, i am not sure) who got CSQ in one attempt (without any Intent to Reject.)

andysalt79

May 15, 2020
First Intent to Reject: His passport was expired during that process period. So, they asked for valid passport copy.
Second Intent to Reject: Sometimes people send the document in old version file [Financial Self-Sufficiency Contract A-0522-OF ]. Because government update/increase the fund amount every year. That's why Govt asks the applicant to send the document in latest version document.
I receive last Friday an intent to reject but they didn't say what document needed to re send... They just say about ponderation... so my question is if I re send some documents if the don't agree can cancel the application or give a second chance....