+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrest warrant and spousal sponsorship. Help

xixixi27

Apr 29, 2017
Hello everyone, we applied for a visa through spousal sponsorship and we were refused, apparently my husband (applicant) has a warrant for his arrest in canada, he didnt know about it so he left canada without knowing and whats mind boggling is that they didnt stop him at the airport (crazy) . Now the problem is the police wont give any infos about his case over the phone... we are lost we dont know what to do, does it mean he is inadmissible!? Should we appeal? Apply for a trp so he can deal with the warrant then apply for sponsorship after?? Any help would be appreciated, also if anyone knows of an oustanding lawyer in the Toronto area please let me know , ive made a list of a few lawyers that seem to have experience with complex cases if you have had an experience with any of them pls share:
Bellissimo law group
Ronald poulton
Campbell cohen

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
You will certainly not be able to get sponsorship until after the warrant (and its consequences) are dealt with. Appealing will be pointless.

Get a lawyer, and if you wish to move to Canada together, make plans to address this as quickly as possible, being aware that it may delay your sponsorship by years.

xixixi27

Apr 29, 2017
You will certainly not be able to get sponsorship until after the warrant (and its consequences) are dealt with. Appealing will be pointless.

Get a lawyer, and if you wish to move to Canada together, make plans to address this as quickly as possible, being aware that it may delay your sponsorship by years.
thanks for the reply I will certainly get a lawyer, trying to find a good one.

gehtrew

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/October/2014
Doc's Request.
04/Febuary/2015
AOR Received.
16/Febuary/2015
File Transfer...
01/March/2015./SA
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
03/June/2014
Interview........
2/9/2015
Passport Req..
In-Process/07/August/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In God Timing
Hello everyone, we applied for a visa through spousal sponsorship and we were refused, apparently my husband (applicant) has a warrant for his arrest in canada, he didnt know about it so he left canada without knowing and whats mind boggling is that they didnt stop him at the airport (crazy) . Now the problem is the police wont give any infos about his case over the phone... we are lost we dont know what to do, does it mean he is inadmissible!? Should we appeal? Apply for a trp so he can deal with the warrant then apply for sponsorship after?? Any help would be appreciated, also if anyone knows of an oustanding lawyer in the Toronto area please let me know , ive made a list of a few lawyers that seem to have experience with complex cases if you have had an experience with any of them pls sharers:
Bellissimo law group
Ronald poulton
Campbell cohen
I had a similar problem, I had an open warrant for driving without a license back in 1999 in US and was deemed inadmissibile.I took care of that matter through a lawyer and presented evidence to my VO.I recently got my visa after all.

Reactions: Virgo29