+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Area of training points - permanent workers

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Sorry. I did not read your question thoroughly and replied in haste. I have all my work experience in my AOT so I do not think I am the right person to answer your question.

Binxia

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Montreal
No need work experience to get points for AOT.

They used to require work exp to get points for the diploma (level AND area of training), if that diploma was more than 5 years old.

Now they can count it even if you do not have a work exp related to that degree.

It can also be argued this way: If they give points for level of education for a certain diploma, they cannot not consider it for AOT.

Cheers

Reactions: tariqasghar2

tariqasghar2

Oct 24, 2012
No need work experience to get points for AOT.

They used to require work exp to get points for the diploma (level AND area of training), if that diploma was more than 5 years old.

Now they can count it even if you do not have a work exp related to that degree.

It can also be argued this way: If they give points for level of education for a certain diploma, they cannot not consider it for AOT.

Cheers
Thanks for the reply. That looks like the case but if you go over to PEI, you won't get points for AOT if your degree is more than 5 years old and your work experience is less than 1 year. That's confusing.