+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are All profiles under 450 points are ineligible for Express Entry?

Vishnuchintu

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my application through express entry for FSW. I got 384 points and I got my status updated right away. It says profile ineligible. Please help me here.

India Experience : 1.5 years (QA analyst)

Canada Experience: 6 months and continuing

Celpip scores : 12,12,8,7

Canada Education : 2 years post secondary computer programmer

India Education: 4 years Bachelors(applied sciences)

Also have a nephew.

if I count points for fsw, I have around 74 points.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dan_and said:
CRS points are irrelevant for determining program eligibility. They are only used to determine who receives an ITA, not who enters the pool.

You are ineligible for CEC because you only have 6 months of Canadian experience.

For FSWP, you must provide proof of funds. How many family members do you have, and what did you select for how much funds you were going to bring to Canada?

You also need 1 year of full-time continuous work experience in the same NOC type. Do you have this?

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, But I should be eligible for fsw as I have 1.5 years experience in India as software tester.
I am only 1 person and I live in Canada now. I said 15000 Canadian dollars( are these sufficient).

I am working as programmer now.(web developer).

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The-SpaceGuy said:
Thank you for the reply.

Yes, But I should be eligible for fsw as I have 1.5 years experience in India as software tester.
I am only 1 person and I live in Canada now. I said 15000 Canadian dollars( are these sufficient).

I am working as programmer now.(web developer).
Are you the same person across multiple accounts?

Check your FSW score here and give a break up of how you got to 74 ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Are you the same person across multiple accounts?

Check your FSW score here and give a break up of how you got to 74 --->
Yes, I am avoiding problems as I am at work. so using different account. But I am not spamming or something. its just to be secure.

English : 21 points ( 12,12,7,8)celpip.

Education : 22 points ( canadian 2 years post secondary) + Indian bachelors(4 years)

Currently working In canada : 10 points.(programmer)

Indian work experience : 9 points ( Qa analyst or software test engineer)

21+22+10+9+12 = 74

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The-SpaceGuy said:
Yes, I am avoiding problems as I am at work. so using different account. But I am not spamming or something. its just to be secure.

English : 21 points ( 12,12,7,8)celpip.

Education : 22 points ( canadian 2 years post secondary) + Indian bachelors(4 years)

Currently working In canada : 10 points.(programmer)

Indian work experience : 9 points ( Qa analyst or software test engineer)

21+22+10+9+12 = 74
You cannot claim those 10 points for Canadian work experience unless you have an LMIA supported job offer.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
You cannot claim those 10 points for Canadian work experience unless you have an LMIA supported job offer.
You are currently working in Canada in a job that is exempt from a Labour Market Impact Assessment, but not under an international or federal-provincial agreement.

I would get 10 points for this right?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The-SpaceGuy said:
You are currently working in Canada in a job that is exempt from a Labour Market Impact Assessment, but not under an international or federal-provincial agreement.

I would get 10 points for this right?
That goes along with,

An employer has made you a permanent job offer based on you being accepted as a skilled worker.

and

The employer has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from ESDC.

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
That goes along with,

An employer has made you a permanent job offer based on you being accepted as a skilled worker.

and

Thanks for enlightening me. I should have read it better.

pappysimha

Nov 25, 2017
That goes along with,

and

Hello my name is Pratap Simha and I get your profile is ineligible for Express Entry. I have a CLB of 7, with Bachelors equivalent in ECA, wife has a CLB of 6 with Masters equivalent in ECA. When I calculated I get 74 points for FSWP. Since the min. required is 67. I dont understand why it says ineligible. I tried creating the profile again, still it says ineligible. PS: Work history I have 6 years in the same field so my NOC Code is same for 6 years of work experience. Please help

davobod

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hello my name is Pratap Simha and I get your profile is ineligible for Express Entry. I have a CLB of 7, with Bachelors equivalent in ECA, wife has a CLB of 6 with Masters equivalent in ECA. When I calculated I get 74 points for FSWP. Since the min. required is 67. I dont understand why it says ineligible. I tried creating the profile again, still it says ineligible. PS: Work history I have 6 years in the same field so my NOC Code is same for 6 years of work experience. Please help
How much did you indicate as available for settlement fund? There are minimums required as per family size. Be sure that you indicated the correct amount and revert with update.

pappysimha

Nov 25, 2017
How much did you indicate as available for settlement fund? There are minimums required as per family size. Be sure that you indicated the correct amount and revert with update.
I have indicated 20000 CAD as my family includes 3 of us including me.

I have a question here: I have worked in 2 different companies in a Business Analyst role with an overall experience of 5 years. In the 2nd company my designation is Business Analyst, however in the 1st company my designation is Senior Process Executive - Voice. Though this is my designation my roles and responsibilities are that of a Business Analyst. Can I choose 2171 as my NOC code which is for a Business Analyst? Please answer as it will help me in my career.

davobod

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
I have indicated 20000 CAD as my family includes 3 of us including me.

I have a question here: I have worked in 2 different companies in a Business Analyst role with an overall experience of 5 years. In the 2nd company my designation is Business Analyst, however in the 1st company my designation is Senior Process Executive - Voice. Though this is my designation my roles and responsibilities are that of a Business Analyst. Can I choose 2171 as my NOC code which is for a Business Analyst? Please answer as it will help me in my career.
Yes you can choose NOC 2171 as long as you performed a substantial number of duties as listed under the NOC.

Different organizations have different job titles and designations for different function.

What's important is the functions/ responsibilities / duties carried out and the skills exhibited.

You scenario isn't an issue at all. Just select NOC 2171, write your job titles as it was known, and list all duties performed similar to NOC 2171. Remember to get supporting work reference letters from the two employers.

pappysimha

Nov 25, 2017
Yes you can choose NOC 2171 as long as you performed a substantial number of duties as listed under the NOC.

Different organizations have different job titles and designations for different function.

What's important is the functions/ responsibilities / duties carried out and the skills exhibited.

You scenario isn't an issue at all. Just select NOC 2171, write your job titles as it was known, and list all duties performed similar to NOC 2171. Remember to get supporting work reference letters from the two employers.

Sure, Thank you so much for the response. However, do I need to submit the roles and responsibilities letter along with the experience letter to the Government of Canada and to the companies that I apply for or I need to submit just the experience letter that only has my designation listed there.

davobod

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Sure, Thank you so much for the response. However, do I need to submit the roles and responsibilities letter along with the experience letter to the Government of Canada and to the companies that I apply for or I need to submit just the experience letter that only has my designation listed there.
When creating your Express Entry profile, you will be required to list all jobs performed in the last 10 years since that's the qualifying period. In your case, that means your two jobs that gave you the 5 years experience.

When you get an ITA (Invitation To Apply) from the Federal. Government, you'll be required to upload a reference letter in acceptable format to IRCC (on company letterhead, with email, address, phone number, stating all job, duties performed, period, full time, 30hrs per week, and remuneration, etc).

If you're applying for a job with an employer in Canada, the requirement will be as per employers'.

It's different from an immigration application.

For your immigration application, follow the guidelines laid down by IRCC and any Province (if you're considering a Provincial Nomination route).

Hope this helps.