+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ARC

Gimpster

Apr 8, 2024
I’m going to try and include all pertinent information in order.

My partner and his two kids are American, i am Canadian (living in canada) with two kids. We have been in a relationship since December 2020. They arrived in Canada December 2022, they left before the 6 months in June 2023. Returned to Canada mid June 2023. In July we were informed that our rental was being put up for sale, and by October 2023 it sold and we had to move out by the first of December 2023. We found a new rental and moved in late November 2023. Once we were unpacked and settled (late January 2024) we started working on our inland sponsorship application, but quickly realized that we messed up and didn't apply for an extension for their visitor status. We looked at our options, and decided against restoration of status because they were scheduled to go back to America (March 24 2024) so the kids could visit their mom before we would get a response. We continued with the application and paid for it naively assuming they would be allowed back in and we could submit.

February 17th 2024 my son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and that completely turned my world upside down.

They went on their trip back to America and were given a one year exclusion when they tried to return (April 3 2024).

I suffer from chronic pain, anxiety and depression, my youngest son is newly diagnosed type 1 diabetic, and my oldest son is autistic, I don’t have any friends or family close by, I have a house that is too big for the three of us and I can’t afford it on my own. I haven’t been able to work since we moved and I’m not seeing any clear path to do so without significant help at home. We have almost completed the inland sponsorship forms with payment.

We have spoken to an immigration lawyer and she believes we have a strong case. We will obviously submit an Outland application if the ARC is denied, but would much prefer the Inland. I’m struggling to find any specific information about submitting an ARC. I’m just hoping to get some info on how it should be written, how much info should be provided and maybe a guesstimate of how long it may take to get a response.
Thanks.