+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April Applicants TWP

xkwzt

Dec 21, 2011
Andito ako sa canada ngayon as tourist at nakakuha ako ng employer sa alberta. Pinasa ko sa new york yung application for twp last april 13 but upto now wala pa din kahit anong update. Mukhang mas mabilis pa jan sa pilipinas ang processing. :(

march

May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-6-2013
TWP-CEM tracking sheet updated! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agz-5CcDIylRdDU2UnpPNWhEOFphZU0yVXRZZVlCN3c&usp=sharing

yoks20

May 14, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vfs manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2019
Doc's Request.
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
march said:
TWP-CEM tracking sheet updated! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agz-5CcDIylRdDU2UnpPNWhEOFphZU0yVXRZZVlCN3c&usp=sharing
Ayos gumalaw din!

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
xkwzt said:
Andito ako sa canada ngayon as tourist at nakakuha ako ng employer sa alberta. Pinasa ko sa new york yung application for twp last april 13 but upto now wala pa din kahit anong update. Mukhang mas mabilis pa jan sa pilipinas ang processing. :(
Nag upfront medical ka ba?

farukSYED

Apr 7, 2012
sorry to burst your bubble. You should've check where to send your application before submitting to the NY Canadian consulate.
Visitors in Canada, who require a TRV, can no longer submit their application to a visa office in the United States when applying from inside Canada. They must apply either to the visa office responsible for their country of nationality, or to a visa office in a country in which they are present and have been legally admitted.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

New temporary resident applications

Applicants can submit Temporary Resident applications online or at a visa application centre where available.

For applicants residing in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico), Bermuda, St Pierre et Miquelon and the US Virgin Islands, unless otherwise instructed by CIC, all work permit applications will now be processed at the visa office in New York City and all study permit applications will now be processed at the visa office in Los Angeles. Applications for temporary resident visas will be processed at either New York or Los Angeles. Effective immediately the east-west division along the Mississippi in the U.S. will cease to be a determining factor in where U.S. based applications are processed.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-01-29.asp

xkwzt said:

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
farukSYED said:
sorry to burst your bubble. You should've check where to send your application before submitting to the NY Canadian consulate.
Visitors in Canada, who require a TRV, can no longer submit their application to a visa office in the United States when applying from inside Canada. They must apply either to the visa office responsible for their country of nationality, or to a visa office in a country in which they are present and have been legally admitted.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

New temporary resident applications

Applicants can submit Temporary Resident applications online or at a visa application centre where available.

For applicants residing in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico), Bermuda, St Pierre et Miquelon and the US Virgin Islands, unless otherwise instructed by CIC, all work permit applications will now be processed at the visa office in New York City and all study permit applications will now be processed at the visa office in Los Angeles. Applications for temporary resident visas will be processed at either New York or Los Angeles. Effective immediately the east-west division along the Mississippi in the U.S. will cease to be a determining factor in where U.S. based applications are processed.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-01-29.asp
How come it STILL says in NYC website that:

The following people can apply to have their application processed at the visa office at the Consulate General of Canada in New York:
Citizens of the USA (including Puerto Rico)
Persons lawfully admitted to the United States (including Puerto Rico)
Citizens of Bermuda
Persons lawfully admitted to Bermuda
Persons who hold valid visitor status in Canada (for work permit applications only)[/color] Very confusing....they should also add "with valid visa to the US for lodging of WP applications.

farukSYED

Apr 7, 2012
Should you have any questions or clarifications, it is best to call the CIC call center.

cookie27 said:
How come it STILL says in NYC website that:

The following people can apply to have their application processed at the visa office at the Consulate General of Canada in New York:
Citizens of the USA (including Puerto Rico)
Persons lawfully admitted to the United States (including Puerto Rico)
Citizens of Bermuda
Persons lawfully admitted to Bermuda
Persons who hold valid visitor status in Canada (for work permit applications only)[/color] Very confusing....they should also add "with valid visa to the US for lodging of WP applications.

xkwzt

Dec 21, 2011
Finally got my work visa today. I have a question though, is work visa different from work permit? I have a visa stamped on my passport but included in the envelope I received is a letter that says "this letter is not valid for travel and is not a permit allowing you to remain in canada" and that I have to show the letter to the border svcs officer in canada upon arrival then the officer will determine if I meet the requirements for admission to canada and issue a permit. What could be the next step since I'm already in canada as a visitor ?

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
xkwzt said:
Finally got my work visa today. I have a question though, is work visa different from work permit? I have a visa stamped on my passport but included in the envelope I received is a letter that says "this letter is not valid for travel and is not a permit allowing you to remain in canada" and that I have to show the letter to the border svcs officer in canada upon arrival then the officer will determine if I meet the requirements for admission to canada and issue a permit. What could be the next step since I'm already in canada as a visitor ?
Hi,

Can you please let me know how did you submit your WP application? Was it paper or online?

Thanks!

MOCHA

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Riyadh
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
18-01-2016
xkwzt said:
Hi, can i get ur email address to privately contact u because i have some questions because my friend is planning to do like wat u did, i mean tourist visa first and will try to find job in canada. So i want to hear updates with regards to ur case. Pls, we just badly needed how we will manage this kind of scenario that's why ur information will be very helpful. Thank u in advance.

xkwzt

Dec 21, 2011
Cookie : paper application

Mocha : went here as a tourist then I looked for employer in alberta since they have high demands for foreign workers. You can search for jobs at jobbank.gc.ca

alynnemb

May 13, 2013
wow gumagalaw na ata ang CEM after 3mos finally dumating narin ang medicl refferal ko, at meron narin nagkakaroon nga visa. thank god pray hard lng talaga. :)

alynnemb

May 13, 2013
yoks20 said:
Hi! ah di pa po tpos Medical mo? taga saan po kyo taga pampanga ako sa nationwide baguio ako ngpa medical ok dun.

hi yoks,

hindi pa tapos ang medical ko at kakadating palang ng mr ko kanina. tiga bulacan ako fca din ako. ang layo nman pa medical mo sa st. lukes ako for sure.

ano na balita sa visa mo?

yoks20

May 14, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vfs manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2019
Doc's Request.
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
alynnemb said:
hi yoks,

hindi pa tapos ang medical ko at kakadating palang ng mr ko kanina. tiga bulacan ako fca din ako. ang layo nman pa medical mo sa st. lukes ako for sure.

ano na balita sa visa mo?
Hi,
waiting pa din sa visa, ok din daw sa st lukes global city. anu timeline mo? agency ka ba?

MOCHA

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Riyadh
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
18-01-2016
xkwzt said:
Cookie : paper application

Mocha : went here as a tourist then I looked for employer in alberta since they have high demands for foreign workers. You can search for jobs at jobbank.gc.ca
Until when ur temporary resident visa will be valid? And do u have us visa?do u mean it's ok to pass d application in new york and no need to go back to manila? Here's my email ad, (emilydaelo@gmail.com) . pls pls i need ur pieces of advice base on ur experience. Thank u