+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Was unable to attend the oath ceremony yesterday due to invitation letter not sent to me
Have you had any luck contacting the IRCC ? I think that they mention instructions for contacting. Here is what I saw on my portal.

If you haven’t gotten it 6 calendar days before the event, check your junk mail folder and contact our Client Support Centre to make sure we have the right contact information for you.

td88

Aug 8, 2019
Have you had any luck contacting the IRCC ? I think that they mention instructions for contacting. Here is what I saw on my portal.

If you haven’t gotten it 6 calendar days before the event, check your junk mail folder and contact our Client Support Centre to make sure we have the right contact information for you.
Try to click on the Client Support Centre, it leads me to somewhere else that no one/ no line can help at all. Not the helpful link. In a drop down menu, it doesn't have anything related to Citizenship Topic

• Wow
Reactions: AnonyKaty

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018

Yes I was able to talk to MP and the ircc all they told me was that I just have to wait for them to reschedule my Oath ceremony , Thank you for the information

• Sad
Reactions: td88 and AnonyKaty

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Try to click on the Client Support Centre, it leads me to somewhere else that no one/ no line can help at all. Not the helpful link. In a drop down menu, it doesn't have anything related to Citizenship Topic
I literally copy pasted what was on my tracker. So I can't say I would have had better luck in the same situation. That said this forum has a lot of people who contact the IRCC through the contact centre and the web form. So I'm sure there is a way to find the correct information.

Reactions: td88

td88

Aug 8, 2019
I literally copy pasted what was on my tracker. So I can't say I would have had better luck in the same situation. That said this forum has a lot of people who contact the IRCC through the contact centre and the web form. So I'm sure there is a way to find the correct information.
I think only calling them works the best because webform takes 8 days to be responded, by that time, your Oath has already been late. :(. Frustrating

Reactions: AnonyKaty

td88

Aug 8, 2019
Guys I have a question, I've read this on IRCC

"We don’t accept any other third-party test results, even if they’re similar."

I realized my wife's English proof is not IELTS nor CELPIP
She has
ESL9 (English as Second Language) 9 from Fanshawe College DLI, the certificate states that finished at advanced level
and CAEL 7 Academic

Also, my wife has already passed the citizenship test, does it mean they had allowed her English Proof?

Because her tracker shows
Citizenship Test Passed
Background Passed

Language in progress
Physical presence in progress
Prohibitions in progress

I've also read that, if they don't allow English proof, they would not send you an AOR because the application is incomplete. But this case, they sent her an AOR and test invitation and FingerPrint Request. Here what they say

We will review the language proof you send us. We won’t process your application and will return it to you if your proof:
  • can’t be read
  • can’t be verified
  • isn’t included with the application

Any thought?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Guys I have a question, I've read this on IRCC

"We don’t accept any other third-party test results, even if they’re similar."

I realized my wife's English proof is not IELTS nor CELPIP
She has
ESL9 (English as Second Language) 9 from Fanshawe College DLI, the certificate states that finished at advanced level
and CAEL 7 Academic

Also, my wife has already passed the citizenship test, does it mean they had allowed her English Proof?

Because her tracker shows
Citizenship Test Passed
Background Passed

Language in progress
Physical presence in progress
Prohibitions in progress

I've also read that, if they don't allow English proof, they would not send you an AOR because the application is incomplete. But this case, they sent her an AOR and test invitation and FingerPrint Request. Here what they say

We will review the language proof you send us. We won’t process your application and will return it to you if your proof:
  • can’t be read
  • can’t be verified
  • isn’t included with the application

Any thought?
English proof is validated in Language not citizenship test.
ESL is allowed. I think it will work. Just read the below

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof/step-4.html

Submit a copy of your certificate from the Adult Non-Credit Language Training Programs. These certificates must be for:

English as a Second Language (ESL) / Anglais Langue Seconde (ALS)
French as a Second Language (FSL) / Français Langue Seconde (FLS)
Citizenship and Language Training (CL) / Instruction civique et enseignement de la langue (ICEL)
The certificates must be dated December 2013 or later. They must show you have level CLB 4 or higher in speaking and listening.

td88

Aug 8, 2019
English proof is validated in Language not citizenship test.
ESL is allowed. I think it will work. Just read the below

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof/step-4.html

Submit a copy of your certificate from the Adult Non-Credit Language Training Programs. These certificates must be for:

English as a Second Language (ESL) / Anglais Langue Seconde (ALS)
French as a Second Language (FSL) / Français Langue Seconde (FLS)
Citizenship and Language Training (CL) / Instruction civique et enseignement de la langue (ICEL)
The certificates must be dated December 2013 or later. They must show you have level CLB 4 or higher in speaking and listening.
Oh my god. That helps. Thanks a lot for this. I was so nervous. Thank you.

somcan18

Sep 18, 2023
LPP and background checks run in parallel, so LPP could come very soon. LPP is normally completed at around 4 months after your test regardless of when your background checks were completed. Nobody can accurately estimate when LPP will turn green for you as it depends on whether CSIS / CBSA are doing more in depth checks etc.
Hi ,
Me and my spouse submitted the application same time. Mine is completed but my wife's LPP is pending from JUN ( her test was completed at Jun end) and BVV is also completed.
Considering we have submitted family application and mine is completed,what should I do ?

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Hi ,
Me and my spouse submitted the application same time. Mine is completed but my wife's LPP is pending from JUN ( her test was completed at Jun end) and BVV is also completed.
Considering we have submitted family application and mine is completed,what should I do ?
you can just wait for her application to be finished.. :). We also applied as a family (me, wife and two kids). My wife and kids became Canadian last month, whereas my BG just turned completed last week.

Reactions: faisalyaakhan

td88

Aug 8, 2019
you can just wait for her application to be finished.. :). We also applied as a family (me, wife and two kids). My wife and kids became Canadian last month, whereas my BG just turned completed last week.
So we don't need to postpone the Oath of the person who got passed first?

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
So we don't need to postpone the Oath of the person who got passed first?
well, you can try to postpone it if you want, but not sure they will accept this as excuse. When we received our AORs, I saw that my wife and kids got a group application number in their AORs, while I did not. I called IRCC and they told me to rest reassured, that even though they could be treated independently, we would have the Oath together as a family. As this sounded a bit BS, I asked her to confirm, and the agent confirmed that the Oath will be the same day for everyone. Again, one month after their became Canadian I am still waiting LPP to be completed lol

somcan18

Sep 18, 2023
Thanks, they used to be on the same date earlier. So you have not received your oath yet ?