+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 - Citizenship Applications

coolcanada123

Aug 26, 2020
did your background check was completeed in tracker?
Yes, here are the status changes I am seeing in the tracker. I still didn't receive any email about the test details.

Jun 20, 2023: Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
Jun 21, 2023: Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
Jun 23, 2023: You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 23, 2023 and July 13, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Reactions: yoge and yxyyukon

coolcanada123

Aug 26, 2020
You may want to contact them after checking all the folders in your mailbox junk/spam/social etc. The tracker would show you when and how to contact them too. Earlier the better I guess.

Threads like the below would give you some idea.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/did-not-receive-email-from-ircc-for-citizenship-test-request.783747/
I checked all the folders in the email, but didn't find the email with test instructions. I called them just now and they told they will send the instructions to the email. Could someone please let me know what are the contents of the email, are there any special codes included in the email that one need to enter to take the test, or the there are just general instructions one needs to follow, because when I asked them that my spouse also didn't get the test email, they told just forward the same email to them and they can take the test using the same instructions they will be sending me.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I checked all the folders in the email, but didn't find the email with test instructions. I called them just now and they told they will send the instructions to the email. Could someone please let me know what are the contents of the email, are there any special codes included in the email that one need to enter to take the test, or the there are just general instructions one needs to follow, because when I asked them that my spouse also didn't get the test email, they told just forward the same email to them and they can take the test using the same instructions they will be sending me.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2022-citizenship-applicants.781857/post-10437046

coolcanada123

Aug 26, 2020
Ohk, in that thread someone is saying, one can take test even without the test invitation email. The support centre person also said the same and sent the generic email with instructions. May be, I can attempt to take the test without the email. Anyone here were in the similar boat or know anyone took the test without the test invitation email?

Reactions: novoiceplus

novoiceplus

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Ohk, in that thread someone is saying, one can take test even without the test invitation email. The support centre person also said the same and sent the generic email with instructions. May be, I can attempt to take the test without the email. Anyone here were in the similar boat or know anyone took the test without the test invitation email?
We have done the same.

Yup you can take the test if you test start data has reached just Go to this link

https://ct-tc.apps.cic.gc.ca/?lang=en

Login with your application number and UCI and you will be given step by step guidance for taking the test.

Before the test just go through all the steps explained here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/access.html

All the best

Reactions: Dreamer_2019

Hopeful0403

Star Member
May 21, 2020
I think you are fine taking the test without invite. Just read the general instructions before this. These will be repeated and you will click checkboxes to agree to the instructions while taking the test. In the system they must have marked you eligible to take the test so when you enter application number and UCI, the system should allow you to proceed. Applicant specific URL is generated and sent to your email address when you try to register for the test that is valid for 15 mins.

Test is 30 mins, don't look anywhere else other than at the laptop screen, no one else in the room, no noise, no personal information visible in the camera . I don't suggest using external monitor and instead directly take exam on the laptop facing front camera. If you get disconnected, you can reconnect using the applicant specific URL sent in email but the timer will continue and test will be auto submitted after 30 mins.

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
So an update to my application.
So I first sent my application in February I got it back in April saying my kids ID was missing. They had staple my husband and my application saying received. I send them back and they were received April 24. Well mu application came in the mail today saying we did not click yes for CRA to share tax info with IRCC. Just our luck, why not just do a complete check before return

flame_twilight

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
So I first sent my application in February I got it back in April saying my kids ID was missing. They had staple my husband and my application saying received. I send them back and they were received April 24. Well mu application came in the mail today saying we did not click yes for CRA to share tax info with IRCC. Just our luck, why not just do a complete check before return
Hope u stay positive. U have option to apply online

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
I Would suggest applying online at this point. It is faster and the chances of things going missing or documentation being incomplete are lessened. The good news is, at least someone is looking at your documentation. Mine was submitted and got stuck in the cracks somewhere. Don't be disheartened. Do it online, it seems to be going faster too.