Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 4th, 2016
just had mine today, mississauga office. Took about 15 minutes, just asked to look at passports, pr card, asked me all the same questions I had answered on the application again, and asked me if I intended to travel in the next 4 months then said it could take that long to get my oath invite. Nothing updated in my tracker
Applied at the beginning of April 2022.
I was really hoping there would be surprise oath ceremony after the interview :) I will be interview ing at Scarborough office on June 15th , so still holding on to little hope ;). I see that Scarborough is scheduling interviews on Thursdays.

If possible, can you let me know the documents that you took to the interview?

Lao_Ma

May 4, 2023
I was really hoping there would be surprise oath ceremony after the interview :) I will be interview ing at Scarborough office on June 15th , so still holding on to little hope ;). I see that Scarborough is scheduling interviews on Thursdays.

If possible, can you let me know the documents that you took to the interview?
Took birth certificate, university degree, all passports (expired and not) that I currently possess, pr card, copy of application, drivers license, print outs of travel itneraries from the last 5 years, should have printed interview invite.

They only looked at passports and pr card.

i heard that sometimes oath happens at same time, but no evidence on the day I was there.

good luck.

head2ca

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 4th, 2016
Took birth certificate, university degree, all passports (expired and not) that I currently possess, pr card, copy of application, drivers license, print outs of travel itneraries from the last 5 years, should have printed interview invite.

They only looked at passports and pr card.

i heard that sometimes oath happens at same time, but no evidence on the day I was there.

good luck.
Thanks a lot for the information :)

shuttle11

Feb 15, 2019
Have you informed IRCC that you are back to Canada? sometimes they put applications aside if they presume that applicant is out of country
Oh really!! We left Canada after applying. Only Oath is pending for me but for my husband, BG, physical presence are still in pending. We took test last July...

Lao_Ma

May 4, 2023
just had mine today, mississauga office. Took about 15 minutes, just asked to look at passports, pr card, asked me all the same questions I had answered on the application again, and asked me if I intended to travel in the next 4 months then said it could take that long to get my oath invite. Nothing updated in my tracker
Applied at the beginning of April 2022.
Tracker updated as all done except oath on May 31. So probably at least another 2 months till oath invite I suspect.

Reactions: Ness_Fern

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Hi all

everything turned green on 31 may but updated in the tracker today and the oath says not started
So my question is how long it will take to get oath invite as per your experience
Thanks and good luck
Jas

gsade

Oct 8, 2018
So I did not check app tracker like for 3 weeks and then I checked on Monday. LPP completed May 19. Decision made and oaths in progress on May 25. Scheduled for oath on June 15. Oath letter received today, June 2.

Reactions: golden_leaf123

Lao_Ma

May 4, 2023
So I did not check app tracker like for 3 weeks and then I checked on Monday. LPP completed May 19. Decision made and oaths in progress on May 25. Scheduled for oath on June 15. Oath letter received today, June 2.
That seems super fast, which branch are you being processed at?

congrats

Lao_Ma

May 4, 2023
Hi all

everything turned green on 31 may but updated in the tracker today and the oath says not started
So my question is how long it will take to get oath invite as per your experience
Thanks and good luck
Jas
Seems like 2 and a half months in general at the moment, but can depend on a lot of factors.

Harsimran1606

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Application Filed: April 20, 2022
Fingerprint Requested: Nov 4, 2022
Citizenship Test Invitation: Nov 9, 2022
Citizenship Test Completed: Nov 21, 2022
Fingerprint Result Updated: Nov 28, 2022
Background Verification Updated: Nov 29, 2022
LPP Updated: March 1, 2023
Oath Invitation: March 23, 2023
Oath Date: April 6, 2023(But I rescheduled the Oath as I was in India)
Rescheduled Oath Invitation: May 3, 2023
Oath Date: May 31, 2023

Certificate received: June 2,2023

Sun_ray

Mar 20, 2019
Hi all

Thanks and good luck
Jas
You can send an email to the office that sent you the test invite (they may have a different email for oath purposes) and ask them about a tentative oath date so you can plan things around it. I’ve seen quite a few cases here (including myself) where they do respond with an actual oath date, depends on the office. Or they would tell you to wait. Still worth a shot I think. Just wait for a week or two from the day everything turned green before you send the email.