+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Kakashi03

Nov 6, 2021
Hi All,

My wife and I received our Citizenship test invite on Oct 26th and we completed it on November 6th. But the dashboard is still not updated and shows "In-Progress". I see many people getting their dashboard updated within 1 to 30 days.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar situation or is it just me? Should I be concerned, ask for GCMS notes?

Application Type: Paper Based

Language skills: In Progress
Physical presence: In Progress
Citizenship test: In Progress (Test completed on November 6th, 2021 but still not updated)
Background verification: Completed (Sep 21st,2021)
Prohibitions: In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started
Following up on my query. Anyone has any idea?

toxarika

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Hi all,
I was waiting for background check update for 2 months, and January 10 my tracker was updated but there is nothing new, just before it showed "waiting on you" and now its gone. Background is still in progress, not completed.
Anybody experienced something similar?
Thanks

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Hi all,
I was waiting for background check update for 2 months, and January 10 my tracker was updated but there is nothing new, just before it showed "waiting on you" and now its gone. Background is still in progress, not completed.
Anybody experienced something similar?
Thanks
It's called Ghost update, when it shows status updated and nothing changes in the application.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
I am waiting for test invite after BG completed from 4 months
It's weird how it all works, here I'm done with test, when everything else is in progress. Idk how they figure it out differently? It's frustrating sometimes when you don't what they are upto.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Today, my bg was finally marked as completed about 2 months after I got the fingerprints taken. I already took the test 2 months ago, so I'm hoping that I'll get DM soon.
Good to read that, I wish you get your ceremony date soon too.Good luck

Scorpio12

Mar 2, 2016
correct, it is SCR.. looks like SCR is sending Oath after 1.5 - 2 months after Decision Made.. so all the best..
Oh i see.I have'nt even gotten the Decision Made email yet.Just that all the processes except Citizenship ceremony updated to Competed on Monday

prashant.kr05

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
A delayed update -- Received request for FP and Test on Nov 17; Test period 19-nov to 9th Dec. Test completed 5th Dec,
Citizenship test activity status updated to complete on Dec 6th on the new portal

I submitted by FP on Nov 18th only but still BG in process. I have heard that RCMP is delayed in FP processing. Any idea how long does it take from FP submission to BG completed?
@Strongfaith42 - Would you please update this in the tracker? Also Fingerprint results received on Dec 14