+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Lorentz78

Jul 15, 2020
Hi Lorentz, I understand your frustration. Did you apply from Kitchener? In my opinion, that is the main reason why your and your son's application is being processed so slowly. Something is just terribly wrong with that office. I hope you'll get some updates soon.
Yes, I am in Kitchener, I would like to do it for my son my unique son, because he came in Canada at 6 and he is confused because all his friends are Canadian Citizens he doesn’t understand why he is not.

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Yes, I am in Kitchener, I would like to do it for my son my unique son, because he came in Canada at 6 and he is confused because all his friends are Canadian Citizens he doesn’t understand why he is not.
Yes, I understand that children can have identity issues: they are growing up in a country where they are told they are welcome, but then, in reality, they are not the "same" as other children who surround them. I am sorry your family is going through this. There isn't much you can do, though. Patience is the only way to solve this, I guess.

Last edited:

Lorentz78

Jul 15, 2020
Yes, I understand that children can have identity issues: they are growing up in a country where they are told they are welcome, but then, in reality, they are not the "same" as other children who surround them. I am sorry your family is going through this. There isn't much you can do, though. Patience is the only way to solve this, I guess.
Thank you for your words, I really appreciate them.

javed979

Nov 24, 2021
Hello Everyone,
Yesterday when I checked my account it says last updated 23 Nov 2021. But the problem is nothing changed in my account since the last update, I don't know what they updated. I was wondering if anybody faced the same issue?

niazche

Jul 14, 2017
Today I received an IRCC Newcomer outcome survey. Does it mean anything? Waiting for the oath invitation since 1st October. TIA!

shan_kal

Aug 23, 2017
Hello,

I see the below statement in the application history

"You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between October 25, 2021, and November 14, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you." I never received an email from CIC about the instructions.

Does anyone have/had the same issue?

javed979

Nov 24, 2021
I did't had the same issue. I got my instruction letter two days before the exam window starts. I think you had to contact ircc on 26 October or before that.

shan_kal

Aug 23, 2017
I did't had the same issue. I got my instruction letter two days before the exam window starts. I think you had to contact ircc on 26 October or before that.
I called ircc in October and they said that I will be receiving the invite and informed the concerned office location on this but i did not see any invite in my inbox/junk

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Hello,

I see the below statement in the application history

"You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between October 25, 2021, and November 14, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you." I never received an email from CIC about the instructions.

Does anyone have/had the same issue?
But did you do the test?

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
I called ircc in October and they said that I will be receiving the invite and informed the concerned office location on this but i did not see any invite in my inbox/junk
I am sorry you are going through this. My situation was similar. I received the invitation email a couple of days after the invite appeared in my Ecas account. I wouldn't like to scare you or anything, but bear in mind that there might have been additional requirements in that email. For example, my email also said that I need to provide scanned copies of my passports and certified translations of all the stamps. I am not saying that your email had the same requirement, it's just a reminder that it's really good to get in touch with IRCC and make sure there were no additional requirements for you specifically.

shan_kal

Aug 23, 2017
I am sorry you are going through this. My situation was similar. I received the invitation email a couple of days after the invite appeared in my Ecas account. I wouldn't like to scare you or anything, but bear in mind that there might have been additional requirements in that email. For example, my email also said that I need to provide scanned copies of my passports and certified translations of all the stamps. I am not saying that your email had the same requirement, it's just a reminder that it's really good to get in touch with IRCC and make sure there were no additional requirements for you specifically.
the agent said everything looks good...just wait for the email.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
no i did not take the test.
You should have simply taken the test within that period instead of waiting for formal email.
Rarely members dont get it and they went ahead and attended and their test was evaluated without any problem. Seems its going to delay further to wait for second test.

shan_kal

Aug 23, 2017
You should have simply taken the test within that period instead of waiting for formal email.
Rarely members dont get it and they went ahead and attended and their test was evaluated without any problem. Seems its going to delay further to wait for second test.
What is the average wait for the second test?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
What is the average wait for the second test?
As usual, its random and unpredictable wait time between each step/stage for all of us across various locations. it might take few weeks to few months.
We should keep this application tracking aside and keep on focusing on our work and life to avoid any disappointment and frustration.

Reactions: supercake