Tandis1332

Star Member
Jul 12, 2020
Dear Friends,
I just called IRCC,
Aor - April
Criminality and eligibility in progress
Security not started.
How long will it take to finish eligibility when it is in progress?
Many thanks,

Tandis1332

Star Member
Jul 12, 2020
Dear friends,

I need your help. Please give me some advice.
Aor - April.
My current status is open work permit (PGWP). I am inland.

I started a program online last month, not because of covid-19, the program is originally online.
The program is "100% Online Part-time 9-month Program", including 7 courses, course by course, one session a week.
Although the university told me I do not need to get the study permit, just I called IRCC and they told me I do need. I need to apply for study permit now. However the agent did not ask me about full time or part time. I am waiting for PR, 85% time line passed and I need to apply for study permit for the program started last month. I am toooooo worried. Will it affect my eligibility? Should I apply for study permit? If I apply, can I get it regarding to starting last month?

Many thanks,

NewDestination

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Dear friends,

I need your help. Please give me some advice.
Aor - April.
My current status is open work permit (PGWP). I am inland.

I started a program online last month, not because of covid-19, the program is originally online.
The program is "100% Online Part-time 9-month Program", including 7 courses, course by course, one session a week.
Although the university told me I do not need to get the study permit, just I called IRCC and they told me I do need. I need to apply for study permit now. However the agent did not ask me about full time or part time. I am waiting for PR, 85% time line passed and I need to apply for study permit for the program started last month. I am toooooo worried. Will it affect my eligibility? Should I apply for study permit? If I apply, can I get it regarding to starting last month?

Many thanks,
Did u read the conditions in ur pgwp to make sure u can study or not? For spouse owp, it is not allowed to study in canada in any way

ravi1212

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
i submitted my biometrics on 7th september but my profile still says "your action is required"

any idea how long this typically takes?

NewDestination

Star Member
Feb 9, 2020
Did u read the conditions in ur pgwp to make sure u can study or not? For spouse owp, it is not allowed to study in canada in any way
I think basically u do have to apply a study permit to start the program. Without a study permit, it is not allowed to study and if u do then i do not think it is safe. If u apply for study permit and get approved ur status then will be changed from wp to study permit and u may have to notify cic about that for ur PR application because they will not keep dual status (sp and pgwp at the same time). I am not an expert but in my opinion, u better defer ur studying program until u are eligible to do so

Tandis1332

Star Member
Jul 12, 2020
I think basically u do have to apply a study permit to start the program. Without a study permit, it is not allowed to study and if u do then i do not think it is safe. If u apply for study permit and get approved ur status then will be changed from wp to study permit and u may have to notify cic about that for ur PR application because they will not keep dual status (sp and pgwp at the same time). I am not an expert but in my opinion, u better defer ur studying program until u are eligible to do so
I started the program 2 months ago. The person in charge in the university did not say anything to me. Now, what should I do? I am too worried, please help me.

Tandis1332

Star Member
Jul 12, 2020
Thank you so much for your reply. Could you please have a look at the link below and let me know the result for distance learning study permit.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/other-considerations.html

Badrana22

May 14, 2020
This is a good news, even though I’m in Edmonton and my AOR is April 7 .

I have a question guys. I’m on close work permit,that expires in December 16. What do you suggest to do? Apply for open work permit in October 16? Wait?

Another question is, on my profile I have updated the biometric that they took when I landed in Canada in 2018. What I should do?