17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for reply really appreciated
Yes it’s an open work permit I understand but being on closed work permit I will b able to get open or they will extend my close permit
Thanks in advance
If you apply for BOWP, i.e. if your PR application has been filed and crossed R10, you are entitled to get the BOWP, i.e. open work permit.

McNice

May 16, 2019
Category........
FSW
Dear @legalfalcon , can you add me to what'sapp group?

AOR: Apr, 4th
MEP: May, 15th
BIL: May, 16th

Thank you

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: McNice

ankurparekh1988

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/2016
Doc's Request.
05/12/2016
Nomination.....
17/12/2016
AOR Received.
18/08/2016
Hello Guys,

First of all congratulations to all who has received AOR in April 2019. I have also got my AOR in April, 2019. Just yesterday i passed the Medical and they have sent request to do Bio metrics I have a small query and seek some help on that as it is getting on my nerve.

My Immigration Agent submitted application on 3rd April 2019. At the time of application i was single and i got married on 25th April 2019 and received my marriage certificate last week. My spouse is already Canadian PR.
Now my question is when (can i / should i) tell CIC about my marital status change that is from single to married. My agent is saying that we can only submit update in status after i receive COPR.

Will that be too delay to tell CIC ?
Will that be treated as hiding the information ?
If we tell CIC after COPR , does that make any effect on my PR or they will cancel my COPR and will process application again and will send COPR after that ?

Please guys help me. I am getting too much worried.

Please...

Thanks in advance for the reply.

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
Hello Guys,

First of all congratulations to all who has received AOR in April 2019. I have also got my AOR in April, 2019. Just yesterday i passed the Medical and they have sent request to do Bio metrics I have a small query and seek some help on that as it is getting on my nerve.

My Immigration Agent submitted application on 3rd April 2019. At the time of application i was single and i got married on 25th April 2019 and received my marriage certificate last week. My spouse is already Canadian PR.
Now my question is when (can i / should i) tell CIC about my marital status change that is from single to married. My agent is saying that we can only submit update in status after i receive COPR.

Will that be too delay to tell CIC ?
Will that be treated as hiding the information ?
If we tell CIC after COPR , does that make any effect on my PR or they will cancel my COPR and will process application again and will send COPR after that ?

Please guys help me. I am getting too much worried.

Please...

Thanks in advance for the reply.
Your agent is giving you wrong information. You have to inform them of your marriage right away because it effects your points. You should recalculate your points now as a married applicant and non-accompanying spouse. You are good, if your CRS as a married applicant is still above the cut off score of the draw in which you received ITA. Otherwise, your application may be refused if your new CRS is lower than the cut off score, which is why informing them of your marriage is of prime importance.

Let's say you receive your COPR after 3 months. Do you have a valid explanation as to why you didn't inform CIC 3 months before when you actually got married? Hope it makes sense and you should raise a CSE right away without any further delay. Feel free to take opinions from senior members. :)

Reactions: Ummhalimah

ankurparekh1988

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/2016
Doc's Request.
05/12/2016
Nomination.....
17/12/2016
AOR Received.
18/08/2016
Your agent is giving you wrong information. You have to inform them of your marriage right away because it effects your points. You should recalculate your points now as a married applicant and non-accompanying spouse. You are good, if your CRS as a married applicant is still above the cut off score of the draw in which you received ITA. Otherwise, your application may be refused if your new CRS is lower than the cut off score, which is why informing them of your marriage is of prime importance.

Let's say you receive your COPR after 3 months. Do you have a valid explanation as to why you didn't inform CIC 3 months before when you actually got married? Hope it makes sense and you should raise a CSE right away without any further delay. Feel free to take opinions from senior members. :)
Thank you for your reply. In my case , points will not be recalculate because as i mentioned earlier , my spouse is already Permanent resident of Canada. My only concern was to whether to wait till get COPR to inform CIC about marriage or raise CSE right away. I talked with agent and she is saying she has handled many cases and they have submitted change in information only after COPR and this is making me so confused and so much worried.

Salz_yahoo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Thank you for your reply. In my case , points will not be recalculate because as i mentioned earlier , my spouse is already Permanent resident of Canada. My only concern was to whether to wait till get COPR to inform CIC about marriage or raise CSE right away. I talked with agent and she is saying she has handled many cases and they have submitted change in information only after COPR and this is making me so confused and so much worried.
IRCC clearly states to inform them of any changes (like marriage,adoption,pregnancy,death) immediately. So ofcourse you need to inform them asap

Reactions: Ummhalimah

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
It is good that your spouse is already permanent resident of Canada. However, any change in personal situation triggers the re-evaluation of eligibility. Also, if you read your AOR carefully, it is specifically mentioned that , "Do let us know if your personal circumstances change." If I was you, I would inform them right away.

You might get away with it now but 3 years down the line you will apply for citizenship and you will have to mention the exact dates. IRCC can verify the information on your citizenship form with the information your provided in PR forms. I wouldn't take any risk in your case even if your points are not affected.

ankurparekh1988

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/2016
Doc's Request.
05/12/2016
Nomination.....
17/12/2016
AOR Received.
18/08/2016
It is good that your spouse is already permanent resident of Canada. However, any change in personal situation triggers the re-evaluation of eligibility. Also, if you read your AOR carefully, it is specifically mentioned that , "Do let us know if your personal circumstances change." If I was you, I would inform them right away.

You might get away with it now but 3 years down the line you will apply for citizenship and you will have to mention the exact dates. IRCC can verify the information on your citizenship form with the information your provided in PR forms. I wouldn't take any risk in your case even if your points are not affected.
Thank you So much. Will Inform my agent about this and will tell her to raise CSE on Monday itself.