+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
i check my file on cic website, it said current status: application/profile updated. But when I check nothing update, I did not receive any email, and I check the service website - nothing update too. Is it weird???

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
i check my file on cic website, it said current status: application/profile updated. But when I check nothing update, I did not receive any email, and I check the service website - nothing update too. Is it weird???
This is considered a 'ghost update' Many have gotten it, and a few days to a week or two after they get something concrete like SA AIP or DM.

spaceglitter

Feb 12, 2019
Hey guys, stupid question...
But is your AIP (Approval in Principal) titles “Approval Letter” in the email document they send? I got an Approval Letter emailed to me on January 15 (April 23 applicant), basically stating I meet all the requirements to get a PR and don’t know if that is the AIP Hubby got the same thing essentially.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hey guys, stupid question...
But is your AIP (Approval in Principal) titles “Approval Letter” in the email document they send? I got an Approval Letter emailed to me on January 15 (April 23 applicant), basically stating I meet all the requirements to get a PR and don’t know if that is the AIP Hubby got the same thing essentially.
He will get an email about SP, saying you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.

AK220

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
No updates since my wife got SA and DM on her side last week...
However, I haven’t gotten AIP and DM on my side yet, and I don’t know why I didn’t get AIP and DM on my side yet :(
They’re reviewing my eligibility and still processing criminality check.
I don’t even know why the criminality check takes way too long... (They started processing that from Early February)
Do you guys have any idea how long Criminality and Eligibility checks?

Reactions: pavanvulli

Sahmet

Oct 23, 2018
lucky you and congratulation.
April 03 application - still waiting ):
Hi,
April 12 applicant. No SA, no AIP, no DM. No updates since December 19 when they started processing PR application.
Who knows what we should do once we reach 12 months processing time without any updates? Do we need to reach them through web form and ask what is going on? Or, request ATIP notes? Or, call them? Go to MP?

Last edited:
Reactions: MinMin13

Hetpari90

Feb 7, 2019
Hi
I had applied for my pr through spousal sponsership last april 20, 2018. I was out of status when i applied. Yesterday i got decision made on both aponser as well as on my side. But it was just approval in priniciple. I called cic the agent said the file.assesment has been completed but yet final decision is mot made. I am almost close to 12 month processing period. So tensed. Is there something that they are still reviewing. Because when i call cic to check my application the pre recorded call still says we are reviewing whether u meet the eligibilty and we are processing ur bqckground check. So worried. Also, in the letter i got yesterday it says i can apply for a OWP, TRP, STDY PERMIT. But so confused should i apply one or not. As i am close to 12 month and also the processing time for OWP is nearly 90days. Can some1 plz tell me. Is there something wrong wid my file that yet i have not got the final.decision.

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
However, I haven’t gotten AIP and DM on my side yet, and I don’t know why I didn’t get AIP and DM on my side yet :(
I don’t even know why the criminality check takes way too long... (They started processing that from Early February)
Hi Sahmet, I too am waiting since Oct 15 when I passed medicals no updates since then, May 9th applicant, I called them on 1st of February they said background check is completed criminal check is being processed, its been over a month after that and nothing. Can someone please tell us how long it takes for criminal check to be completed?

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Hi Sahmet, I too am waiting since Oct 15 when I passed medicals no updates since then, May 9th applicant, I called them on 1st of February they said background check is completed criminal check is being processed, its been over a month after that and nothing. Can someone please tell us how long it takes for criminal check to be completed?
No Dm, no PA, no AIP nothing after Medicals passed.

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Hi
I had applied for my pr through spousal sponsership last april 20, 2018. I was out of status when i applied. Yesterday i got decision made on both aponser as well as on my side. But it was just approval in priniciple. I called cic the agent said the file.assesment has been completed but yet final decision is mot made. I am almost close to 12 month processing period. So tensed. Is there something that they are still reviewing. Because when i call cic to check my application the pre recorded call still says we are reviewing whether u meet the eligibilty and we are processing ur bqckground check. So worried. Also, in the letter i got yesterday it says i can apply for a OWP, TRP, STDY PERMIT. But so confused should i apply one or not. As i am close to 12 month and also the processing time for OWP is nearly 90days. Can some1 plz tell me. Is there something wrong wid my file that yet i have not got the final.decision.
Congrats you got DM and most especially AIP for sure SA gonna be soon

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Hi
Some people didn’t apply owp coz when you received AIP and SA and DM it’s so close to landing or COPR but nothing to loose if you apply OWP to regain your status while waiting for landing.

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Where is your file being processed? It should say it on the bottom of the SA letter