+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

sarahbreland

Feb 20, 2017
Sponsorship Application Status
  1. We received your application to sponsor S************** on April 27, 2017. Dependents listed on the application are: K*******************
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 24, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on May 23, 2017.
Permanent Residence Application Status
  1. We received S**************'s application for permanent residence on April 27, 2017.
  2. We started processing S**************'s application on August 21, 2017.
this is from my husband's (sponsor) ecas. I noticed in PR app status today that they added a 2nd line that they started processing our app Aug. 21. does that mean my sponsor is already approved? no DM yet for my sponsor or SA.. and the email he got that our papers were forwarded to Visa Offive in Manila, is that the AOR2? thanks

sarahbreland

Feb 20, 2017
Sponsorship Application Status
  1. We received your application to sponsor S************** on April 27, 2017. Dependents listed on the application are: K*******************
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 24, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on May 23, 2017.
Permanent Residence Application Status

1. We received S**************'s application for permanent residence on April 27, 2017.
  2. We started processing S**************'s application on August 21, 2017.
this is from my husband's (sponsor) ecas. I noticed in PR app status today that they added a 2nd line that they started processing our app Aug. 21. does that mean my sponsor is already approved? no DM yet for my sponsor or SA.. and the email he got that our papers were forwarded to Visa Offive in Manila, is that the AOR2? thanks
@Kinza_Bee this is my husband's ecas.. only missing on the points you told me is the DM under the Sponsorship Status.. I wonder why they didn't put DM while they added *we started processing* line on PA status

pnaran14

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2017
Doc's Request.
25-May-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-06-2017
Med's Request
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-Nov-2018
LANDED..........
26-Nov-2018

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
@Kinza_Bee this is my husband's ecas.. only missing on the points you told me is the DM under the Sponsorship Status.. I wonder why they didn't put DM while they added *we started processing* line on PA status
They don't always update ECAS properly for everyone. So it could just be that or that they are working on SA and have started working on the application simultaneously at the Mississauga office. I doubt that is the case though, but you never know. I would advise you to call IRCC and inquire about SA. AND order your GCMS notes. They will give you much clearer picture of where your application is at. All the best.

Reactions: sarahbreland

sarahbreland

Feb 20, 2017
They don't always update ECAS properly for everyone. So it could just be that or that they are working on SA and have started working on the application simultaneously at the Mississauga office. I doubt that is the case though, but you never know. I would advise you to call IRCC and inquire about SA. AND order your GCMS notes. They will give you much clearer picture of where your application is at. All the best.
I see.. I know I worry too much. how can I order GCMS notes again? and can I (PA) order it or it should be the sponsor? thanks again you are very helpful

Phyline

Jun 1, 2017
Toronto
Can someone explain the relationship between "Decision Made" on ECAS and transfer to VO?

My sponsor's ECAS says "Decision Made" for sponsorship approval, but file hasn't been transferred to VO, bcg hasn't started, and no medical request. Unable to reach CIC on call center number, so just waiting and reading this thread periodically, lol.

Is there another "Decision Made"?

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Can someone explain the relationship between "Decision Made" on ECAS and transfer to VO?

My sponsor's ECAS says "Decision Made" for sponsorship approval, but file hasn't been transferred to VO, bcg hasn't started, and no medical request. Unable to reach CIC on call center number, so just waiting and reading this thread periodically, lol.

Is there another "Decision Made"?
Decision made for sponsor just means the sponsor is eligible to sponsor the PA. the file is transferred to the VO once Schedule A, PCC and Medical have been received by CPC Mississauga.

Reactions: Phyline

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes.

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, or visa doc ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.
I see.. I know I worry too much. how can I order GCMS notes again? and can I (PA) order it or it should be the sponsor? thanks again you are very helpful
The sponsor needs to order GCMS notes on behalf of the PA. Please refer to my post on how to order GCMS notes.

Reactions: sarahbreland

pnaran14

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2017
Doc's Request.
25-May-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-06-2017
Med's Request
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-Nov-2018
LANDED..........
26-Nov-2018
Any bc to inprogress or DM today?

I guess it's a silly question as people will scream at the top of their voice in the forum for any change, lol!

Reactions: xohaib.shah