New Delhi
App. Filed.......
April 18
AOR Received.
May 18
File Transfer...
June 19
Oh k thanks a lot :)
Yes that is correct. You will be requesting for information on your husband's behalf so you need to get him to fill out the consent form and submit that with your application for notes. And you will be selecting access to information. Privacy act is only for Canadian citizens.

vikkumar

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
AOR Received.
04/05/2017
File Transfer...
20/06/2017
Med's Request
10/05/2017
Med's Done....
17/05/2017
I had another question regarding my notes. Down below in the batch notes section where the officer has made notes about the application, under the eligibility section, it starts off by saying **recommended for waiver** can anyone tell me what that means? Also these notes were created and updated on July 19th so does that mean DM and PPR are around the corner?

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
I just recently ordered my notes too. Nothing had started on our file, but some people were nice enough to help us understand them. The things you wanna look for is the info on the first page. Update date is the last update on your file. Group # if blank then awesome if not it is possible you may be requested to come in for an interview. The Notes section on the last couple of pages are also very important. From the notes of the officer you can get a good idea of how they perceive your relationship to be (genuine or not etc). Check out the due dates assigned to Eligibility, criminality, and security. This just gives you an idea of what their internal deadlines are, they are not set in stone and work can be wrapped up before these due dates so not to worry.

Yes even though security and criminality appear to not have been started, the truth is they don't write anything there, so they might be happening simultaneously. It sounds very promising what you have described, so all the best :)
Hey Kinza_Bee, can you please tell me how did you order gcms notes? Thanks.

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Hey Kinza_Bee, can you please tell me how did you order gcms notes? Thanks.
How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes.

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, or visa doc ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes.

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information

Title:
Family Name:
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Surname (Family Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, or visa doc ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.
Thanks for the quick response! You're awesome! :)
But here is where I got confused... the first part is the "requester" so is that the sponsor or the PA?
And do I select "yes" or "no" if the request is on my behalf (the sponsor)?
And then in the next part where it says "requesting information for" ...is that for the PA or the sponsor?
I'm so sorry for all the questions...

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Thanks for the quick response! You're awesome! :)
But here is where I got confused... the first part is the "requester" so is that the sponsor or the PA?
And do I select "yes" or "no" if the request is on my behalf (the sponsor)?
And then in the next part where it says "requesting information for" ...is that for the PA or the sponsor?
I'm so sorry for all the questions...
So the PA can only request the notes on their PR application if they are living in Canada. Otherwise you the Sponsor are requesting on their behalf. The PA is the requester. And thanks I try to help whenever I can, this process is a bitch in my opinion so I try to be as helpful as I can be so we can all get through this as smoothly as possible :)

doo_dle

May 20, 2017
So the PA can only request the notes on their PR application if they are living in Canada. Otherwise you the Sponsor are requesting on their behalf. The PA is the requester. And thanks I try to help whenever I can, this process is a bitch in my opinion so I try to be as helpful as I can be so we can all get through this as smoothly as possible :)
Wait. No I'm still confused lol

Ok tell me if this is right...

Requester Information

Family Name: SPONSOR
Given Name(s) (First Name): SPONSOR
Mailing Address: SPONSOR
Telephone No.: SPONSOR
E-mail Address: SPONSOR
Requesting information on your own behalf? No

Act & Record Selection

Surname (Family Name): PA
Given Name(s) (First Name): PA
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD): PA
Client ID Number (####-####): PA

Do I have it right...? lol

And yesss omg it really is!!! haha

Reactions: Kinza_Bee

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017

Requester Information

Act & Record Selection

yes you do (have it right), sorry I had to some of it to make sure I got it right. Yup you got it

jmsd2017

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017

Requester Information

Act & Record Selection

Excelent you got it =)

Reactions: doo_dle

604bound

Jun 24, 2017
Hi all,

A bit off an odd question possible - I phoned the CIC on 29 June to ask about progress, and was told there were 2 errors in the application. Essentially my birthday (sponsor) was 12/06 instead of 06/12 in their system, plus my Female fiancee was listed as male (woops!).

Essentially the CIC agent said they would get it changed, but we got our medical request on Friday and it says Male..

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Hi all,

A bit off an odd question possible - I phoned the CIC on 29 June to ask about progress, and was told there were 2 errors in the application. Essentially my birthday (sponsor) was 12/06 instead of 06/12 in their system, plus my Female fiancee was listed as male (woops!).

Essentially the CIC agent said they would get it changed, but we got our medical request on Friday and it says Male..

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!
Call IRCC again regarding this as they are the ones who sent you the medical exam form.

Sandhukang

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
April 18
AOR Received.
May 18
File Transfer...
June 19
I have a question as well @Kinza_Bee or @vikkumar
On the consent form, sec A is my PA (my husband is in india) . Me as a sponsor (in Canada) would will Sec B or Sec C or both?
Thanks in advance for the help :)