+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

MirMS

Mar 10, 2016
North York
Hi Everyone!
I'm loosing my patience. It's been a long wait since my application in process.
Should I order ATIP to find out about a delay or keep waiting?

musab

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-1-2011
AOR Received.
17-3-2011
File Transfer...
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
first 22-12-2010... second 3-1.2012
Interview........
7 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
24 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24 Oct 2012
LANDED..........
16 Nov 2012
Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada - is contacting you in regards to your Citizenship Application.

We would like to offer you the opportunity to expedite the processing of your Citizenship application by attending a same-day Citizenship Test and Ceremony event at our office on a date of your choosing

Citizenship Testing (10:00 am) /Ceremony (2:00 pm) Dates:

 June 23, 2017 Please RSVP by June 06, 2017

 June 30, 2017 Please RSVP by June 09, 2017

If you are interested in attending any of these sessions, we request that you REPLY to this email and include your:

Name(s)

Application Number(s) and UCI for ALL applicants on file

Preferred date(s)

We will then proceed by adding your application into the queue for the identified citizenship event and schedule you accordingly. Please note that you will receive a confirmation email by June 07, 2017 and a formal invitation will be mailed to you in mid June 2017.

If you pass the test, meet the language requirement, and there are no other concerns with your file, you and everyone on the file that have met the requirements for citizenship, will be invited to attend a Citizenship Ceremony. Therefore, we would ask that you keep your travel and other plans flexible to allow you to attend an afternoon ceremony. Ceremonies usually lasts 60-90 minutes.

There is no guarantee you will take your oath the same day. The decision to schedule you for the ceremony depends on the results of your test and your post-test interview with a Citizenship Officer.

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada - is contacting you in regards to your Citizenship Application.

We would like to offer you the opportunity to expedite the processing of your Citizenship application by attending a same-day Citizenship Test and Ceremony event at our office on a date of your choosing

If you are interested in attending any of these sessions, we request that you REPLY to this email and include your:

Name(s)

Preferred date(s)

We will then proceed by adding your application into the queue for the identified citizenship event and schedule you accordingly. Please note that you will receive a confirmation email by June 07, 2017 and a formal invitation will be mailed to you in mid June 2017.

If you pass the test, meet the language requirement, and there are no other concerns with your file, you and everyone on the file that have met the requirements for citizenship, will be invited to attend a Citizenship Ceremony. Therefore, we would ask that you keep your travel and other plans flexible to allow you to attend an afternoon ceremony. Ceremonies usually lasts 60-90 minutes.

There is no guarantee you will take your oath the same day. The decision to schedule you for the ceremony depends on the results of your test and your post-test interview with a Citizenship Officer.
Congrats. Looks like things are moving fast now, someone from Edmonton reported the similar email yesterday. All the best.

MirMS

Mar 10, 2016
North York
Why is nothing moving in Ontario?
I understand that it's a big province but we are not immortal to wait so long and it's not for free we paid for it.

Dogdogdog

May 16, 2017
Hello April applications,
I come from May application. One guy in our May application group said his/her application has been returned because he/she did not write the NA in the 6F (have a permanent residence status or the equivalent in any country other than Canada.), even he/she ticketed NO.
I also did not write NA in the 1B (I have special need - No), 1C (I have apply citizenship before - No )
Can you guy give us some comments.
Thanks.

MirMS

Mar 10, 2016
North York
I come from May application. One guy in our May application group said his/her application has been returned because he/she did not write the NA in the 6F (have a permanent residence status or the equivalent in any country other than Canada.), even he/she ticketed NO.
I also did not write NA in the 1B (I have special need - No), 1C (I have apply citizenship before - No )
Thanks.
Hello, May application,
Before I had applied I gave them a call to make sure I fill all form right and they said to put NA in all of those boxes.
I told them that it's obvious. Why should I do that? The answer was: if you don't put NA we will return your application!

mqadri

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
Thanks.
I didn't put NA where they ask to explain if you tick "yes" only. But other places like 3B,3C,5B,9C,9F etc I put NA. I got AOR, and my application is in process.

Dogdogdog

May 16, 2017
I didn't put NA where they ask to explain if you tick "yes" only. But other places like 3B,3C,5B,9C,9F etc I put NA. I got AOR, and my application is in process.
Thanks, I did not put NA in the 1B (special need) and 2(have apply before). Other parts I put NA, but only put ONE for each section NA, 6F and 6I,and i feel stupid to put 6 NA in the 6F and many NA in the 6I.

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Name(s)

Preferred date(s)

does it mean the applicant will become the citizen on the same day of the test/interview.....
and s/he will receive the citizenship certificate on the same day....
is it for real .... that fast

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks.
I'm a May applicant too. When I finished filing out my application and gathering all documents I went to a Neighborhood Community center in Mississauga as they help new immigrants with the citizenship application. My application was already ready but i just wanted the employee which has experience with this as she helps 100's of immigrants with their applications every month and I believed she was trained to do so. my application that I brought with me was full of N/A where ever there was a blank box that doesn't apply to me. she retyped my application all over again and removed all my N/A notes. So i told her that I read in the instructions that you should write N/A where ever that doesn't apply to you but she said no you shouldn't. I didn't get AOR yet so I'm getting worried now!